Rebellious Reign (1980)

OpiumKungFuCracker

I think it's a classic. Some great action in this one. BTW, Shuko, I just noticed you live in St. Helens - I used to live there til last year.

So you escaped eh? :wink:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing first half, both fighting and plot-wise. Nice crisp shapes and slick choreography. The second half is a let-down though, the story comes to a halt and the end fight is a disappointment in my opinion. But obviously a lot of people think otherwise and it's definitely worth buying, no doubt.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Definately a must see. Same story as Lady assassin, but I like Rebellious Reign better. Less over the top and great choreo.

Definately a must see. Same story as Lady assassin, but I like Rebellious Reign better. Less over the top and great choreo.

Yes. Both were the original Shaw scripts developed for Bruce Lee's Shaw debut. I think RR is the one Lee was leaning toward (He wanted his buddy Chor Yuen to direct, Run Run wanted Chang Cheh). The Lady Assassin's ending was changed to suit the female lead.

PIE EATER!!!:bigsmile:

HAHAHA!!! Yeah, they do love their pies round here. Seen some real weird ones: Donor Kebab Pie, Chicken Tika Pie, even a Chip Pie!!!

Personally, I'm not that keen:squigglemouth:

HAHAHA!!! Yeah, they do love their pies round here. Seen some real weird ones: Donor Kebab Pie, Chicken Tika Pie, even a Chip Pie!!!

Personally, I'm not that keen:squigglemouth:

That's 'cos you're missing PIMMIES PIES....Ha!:xd:

Finally saw this and the choreography is awesome. Can anyone recommend anything else with fights arranged by Alan Hsu?

Kung Fu vs Yoga is a sick movie with Alan Hsu and Sleeping Wizard Chien Yuen San, really going over the top with the shapes, and Alan Hsu's choreography is class. Two Fists Against the Law is also full of superb action choreography from Alan.

Finally saw this and the choreography is awesome. Can anyone recommend anything else with fights arranged by Alan Hsu?

I really enjoyed Shaolin Temple Against Lama.

He also had is hand in Crazy Horse, Intelligent Monkey which has some crazy shapes.

Kung Fu vs Yoga is a sick movie with Alan Hsu and Sleeping Wizard Chien Yuen San, really going over the top with the shapes, and Alan Hsu's choreography is class. Two Fists Against the Law is also full of superb action choreography from Alan.

Thanks I'll check those out!

I really enjoyed Shaolin Temple Against Lama.

He also had is hand in Crazy Horse, Intelligent Monkey which has some crazy shapes.

Seen "vs." many ties but never saw "Against". Thanks for the reccomendations!

sifu iron perm

peace pops, happy new yrs!

Whatever happened to the super flexable Guru aka Dupar Singh from KF vs Yoga?

sifu iron perm
Man the first time I saw this movie, I literally had a movie orgasm....

PSHHHH..the fight scenes against the guru was out the norm! I was slightly offended with the dub at the end."now bow down to mecca"..but whatever!

This movie should be in every KF fan's collection!!

Killer Meteor
PSHHHHI was slightly offended with the dub at the end."now bow down to mecca"..but whatever!

QUOTE]

Where did that come from?

Its in response to an earlier question about Alan Hsu choreographed work on a par with Rebellious Reign....I answered the guy who posted the question and mentioned the classic action choreography from Hsu in Kung Fu vs Yoga. The "mecca" quote is at the end of the final battle with the yoga master....not from Reign.

odioustrident

Alan Hsu is one of the high profile choregraphers; he only did good work until '96 and even a little thereafter. Shaolin Temple Strikes Back and War of the Shaolin Temple are awesome. He puts on a great villainous show with his hands in the latter. His style seen in RR is ALL OVER these two films

His weakest shapes stuff was in Demon Strike and Ways of Kung Fu but both films are still pretty entertaining. Lone Ninja Warrior aka Everlasting Duel doesn't have a print I've seen that does it justice.

Good to see you on the forum Jay Stone... I'm an LI resident myself.

Alan Hsu is one of the high profile choregraphers; he only did good work until '96 and even a little thereafter. Shaolin Temple Strikes Back and War of the Shaolin Temple are awesome. He puts on a great villainous show with his hands in the latter. His style seen in RR is ALL OVER these two films

His weakest shapes stuff was in Demon Strike and Ways of Kung Fu but both films are still pretty entertaining. Lone Ninja Warrior aka Everlasting Duel doesn't have a print I've seen that does it justice.

Good to see you on the forum Jay Stone... I'm an LI resident myself.

Thanks. I come and go on here. I sort of go through phases with my movies. I'll be really into them for a while then stop, only to come back again! When I discover something I hadn't seen before it gets me going again.

Back to topic. I'm watching Kng Fu Vs Yoga right now, turns out my local library had the DVD. What a poor DVD this is from Video Asia. Seems to be a full screen cropped to "widescreen" as heads are cut off on top and action happens off screen. Any better versions of this? Also I have a DVD-R of Shaolin Temple Strikes Back and also Lone Ninja Warrior. I'll handbrake those onto my iPad next.

Thanks again all...

Archived