"Ip Man 2" coming to Hollywood Mann's Chinese 6 & other U.S. theaters on 1/28/11

wackiechan

Here is the list of movie theatres, w/ maybe a chance of more theatres added later on:

http://www.variancefilms.com/ipman2theaters

Official U.S. website:

http://www.ipman2movie-us.com/

Full Length Trailer Official North America HD:

Some info about "Legend of the Fist:The Return of Chen Zhen" in U.S. theatres on 4/22/11:

http://www.legendofthefist.com/index.html

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Austin, and Dallas are the only 2 Texas cities... Dammit if only Houston was in the mix, I hate driving out that far for a movie...

BATTLE AXE 45

The amount of kung fu fans in N.Y.C.is ridiculous,yet they only put this movie in one arthouse theater in the Village?Thats sad.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yeah, very retarded since NYC is like the mecca of all kung fu grindhouse theaters back in the 70's....

Austin, and Dallas are the only 2 Texas cities... Dammit if only Houston was in the mix, I hate driving out that far for a movie...

Nuts, I don't see why they would choose Dallas over Houston. Maybe it's the fact that we got rid of the Angelika in Houston (dumb, dumb, dumb). There's more of an audience for the movie here, even if it's at the Edwards.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Nuts, I don't see why they would choose Dallas over Houston. Maybe it's the fact that we got rid of the Angelika in Houston (dumb, dumb, dumb). There's more of an audience for the movie here, even if it's at the Edwards.

Man I was so pissed off that we don't have the Angelica anymore.. Angelika is one of the reason why we're able to see special engagement of independent films in Houston..

Houston should be one of the cities to get first dibs on independent, foreign, and kung fu films cause it's the 4th largest city in the states...

Shaolin Patriot
Hollywood Mann's Chinese theater would be an great place to see Ip Man 2, makes me wish I was still in LA!

Saw it at Mann's yesterday. Good flick, but not quite as good as part 1 IMO. Nice to see former Shaw stars Lo Meng and Feng Ko An in cameo roles. Donnie definately shined brightly as Ip Man. Nice ending too!

Man I was so pissed off that we don't have the Angelica anymore.. Angelika is one of the reason why we're able to see special engagement of independent films in Houston..

Houston should be one of the cities to get first dibs on independent, foreign, and kung fu films cause it's the 4th largest city in the states...

Sometimes the Edwards shows independent films, but the fact that Dallas has multiple Angelikas and we have none just boggles my mind.

Oh well, at least there's always Asia Stationary Co. on Bellaire for all my legit kung fu DVD needs.

Made it to a Wed. nite showing. I liked the first one a little better but still a really fun movie to see on the big screen with a few friends and a couple pitchers of Shiner Bock. I even got a free copy of IP Man on DVD, thanks Well Go.:bigsmile:

It was great seeing Lo Mang and Fong Hark On in a kung fu movie again even if they were mostly comic relief. I wish Fan Siu-wong did some fighting but it was cool to see his character again.

they had free dvds for the first two people to get tickets each night. It was showing downtown so I got there early grabbed a dvd.

Archived