Bruce Le movie: Cobra

ching li

Has anyone had the opportunity to see this movie starring Bruce Le, Cobra? I have seen most of his films, but I missed this one. It must be rare or something because this is the first I have heard of it. Is it recommended or a bust? Thanks for any help provided.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone had the opportunity to see this movie starring Bruce Le, Cobra? I have seen most of his films, but I missed this one. It must be rare or something because this is the first I have heard of it. Is it recommended or a bust? Thanks for any help provided.

Its not Le who's in the movie. Its an Indonesian film with a guy credited as "Bruce Lei". Standard 70s cheese, AKA Superfist.

One Armed Boxer
It must be rare or something because this is the first I have heard of it.

Although personally I've never seen it, I definitely wouldn't class it as a rare....this flick was available at hkflix for a long time going for a give-away price of $1.99, but now it's out of print - http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.542998/qx/details.htm

Although personally I've never seen it, I definitely wouldn't class it as a rare....this flick was available at hkflix for a long time going for a give-away price of $1.99, but now it's out of print - http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.542998/qx/details.htm

It came on TV back in the 80s on Detroit's Martial Arts Theater on Channel 20.

Its not Le who's in the movie. Its an Indonesian film with a guy credited as "Bruce Lei". Standard 70s cheese, AKA Superfist.

Hi Jesse.I last saw this movie in theatres between 1981 - 82.It was nothing great but OK for it's time.Bruce Le features very prominently on the original posters we had in my neck of the woods but he was not the main star.If my memory serves me well I think his role was an extended guest appearance.

Hi Jesse.I last saw this movie in theatres between 1981 - 82.It was nothing great but OK for it's time.Bruce Le features very prominently on the original posters we had in my neck of the woods but he was not the main star.If my memory serves me well I think his role was an extended guest appearance.

Hey KC,

Its been sold and advertised as a Le movie for years, but he's not in the film at all. I may have to pull the VHS out from the archives.

I remember seeing this and it was very weird...it is an Indonesian fight flick that has a crazy ending (I won't spoil it for anyone).

bruceleeclones

I remember reading in Ric Meyers book, from Bruce Lee to Ninja's, that Cobra was one of Bruce Le's best movies, so I guess the confusion with this one has been going around for a long time.

does anyone know any info on Bruce Lei? Real name? other movies? Is it the same guy who's in Steel Fisted Dragon?

brucelei.jpg

Bruce Lei in Cobra

Isn't Bruce Lei aka Dragon Lee? These Lee-alikes get might confusing...

Its not Dragon. Yeah, they're confusing.

It is quiet possible that Bruce Lei made several more movies and that he is actually well known, similar thing happened to "Bruce Ly" who is actually well known actor and person Rey Malonzo.

About "Cobra", as far as i know it has nothing to do with Le because he was just used on poster so movie would earn more money, and also if Rick mentioned that is one of better Le movies you know that is something wrong with it then he :bigsmile:

Archived