Iron Monkey And Other HK Blu Ray Releases

David Rees

New releases on Blu ray in Hong Kong announced are:

IRON MONKEY: Should be uncut unlike the USA release. But it is from Kam and Ronson who do not have a good reputation for a lot of there releases.

PRISON ON FIRE 1 ~+ 2: Chow Yun Fat fans will be happy.

Again the specs say 7.1 sound etc so looks like no mono again. I dont mind remixes as long as there are no added sound fx, which i doubt.

Also the Ong Bak Blu ray from Hong Kong is apparently better quality than the USA release ...BUT....It is the French cut of the film..with the French text, awful French rap, English end credits. This is the same cut found on the Fox version. runtime: 1:45:06 and not 110 min like the back of the box. (Info From Dragon Lee over at Blu Ray.com)....shame....:tinysmile_angry2_t:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi-Long
New releases on Blu ray in Hong Kong announced are:

IRON MONKEY: Should be uncut unlike the USA release. But it is from Kam and Ronson who do not have a good reputation for a lot of there releases.

PRISON ON FIRE 1 ~+ 2: Chow Yun Fat fans will be happy.

Again the specs say 7.1 sound etc so looks like no mono again. I dont mind remixes as long as there are no added sound fx, which i doubt.

Also the Ong Bak Blu ray from Hong Kong is apparently better quality than the USA release ...BUT....It is the French cut of the film..with the French text, awful French rap, English end credits. This is the same cut found on the Fox version. runtime: 1:45:06 and not 110 min like the back of the box. (Info From Dragon Lee over at Blu Ray.com)....shame....:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Once again no proper Ong-Bak release. Such a shame. If you buy such a release not knowing it's the fucked up version, you have been severely ripped off.

I really feel there should be laws which require the sleeve to mention exactly which cut is on the disc, so customers can make a fair and informed decision to buy the product or not.

I really feel there should be laws which require the sleeve to mention exactly which cut is on the disc, so customers can make a fair and informed decision to buy the product or not.

AMEN to that My Kung-Fu Brother!

I was comparing the US version to the New HK version there seems to be only a (4) minute difference in the running times. Is this version all region it said region A? I have an older version of this movie on DVD so I don't know what scenes were cut out or shortened. But from the reivews it said the end fight scene was cut down. I could use some clarity on this.

Archived