Xmen: First Class

ShaOW!linDude

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShaOW!linDude

I agree with you guys. This is just the first pix I've come across of the characters.

Kevin Bacon is this, too. He's playing a villain, the leader of the Hellfire Club, Sebastian Shaw.

Have been a fan of the comics, the animated series (1994) and the first 2 films. And then i heard they are making First Class and have had the desire to see it. But after looking at these pictures i lost it all. This just doesn't look good. Hope i'm wrong.

One thing that bothers me is that in Wolverine his Brother is Sabertooth, but in the 1st. X-Man movie he was a totally different character and I never hear anyone say anything about that. Why is that?

froffeecoffee
One thing that bothers me is that in Wolverine his Brother is Sabertooth, but in the 1st. X-Man movie he was a totally different character and I never hear anyone say anything about that. Why is that?

After the 3rd X-Men, I don't think anyone cared and had to face the facts, the studio had no respect for the characters. So, when the Wolverine movie came out I already knew it was going to suck after reading all the behind the scenes info coming out about the movie. By then I didn't care because I knew it was going to be bad already.

Yes, it bothers me too that they've strayed so far from the comic source. I accept the fact that compromises have to be made for film adaptations, but they have to make sense for the story to work. Sabertooth as Wolverine's brother did nothing at all for the plot.

For now, I have resonable expectations for X-Men:First Class. If Matthew Vaughn can do as great a job as he did in Kick-Ass, I think this will make up for the fiasco that was X-Men:The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Plus, The Wolverine being directed by Darren Aronofsky I'll assume is going to be epic! :bigsmile:

froffeecoffee: I like X-Men Origins: Wolverine as least it showed how he became Wolverine, that part was cool. I mean it did kinda tie into the other X-Men movies but the part about his Brother I didn't like because it made no sense for the 1st. X-Men movie.

froffeecoffee
froffeecoffee: I like X-Men Origins: Wolverine as least it showed how he became Wolverine, that part was cool. I mean it did kinda tie into the other X-Men movies but the part about his Brother I didn't like because it made no sense for the 1st. X-Men movie.

Wolverine is cool no matter how bad the story is. But as a movie, there was a lot of unnecessary sub-plots that weighed down the main story. Logan's relationship with Silver Fox was so pedestrian and obviously a ploy to create drama that didn't work. And the revelation that Emma Frost and her were sisters, Cyclops, Wolverine and Sabertooth being brothers, it all felt forced.

Better than X-Men 3, but barely.

Yeah X-Men #3 was a big let down that's for sure that's Hollywood trying to hurry up and make a quick buck on a good franchise, and ending up ruining it altogether!

I have high hopes for this. It's being directed by Matthew Vaughn (Kick Ass) and written by Jane Goldman (Kick Ass). Interesting trivia time, Jane Goldman is the wife of Jonathan Ross, who some on here may remember as being the host of the Incredibly Strange Film Show & Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show. He's also a huge comic book fan, so was probably very pleased when his missus got this gig.

OK My thoughts on the trailer,1st. off the characters look to young, Proffessor X & Magneto should be older because now your bringing in the other Characters and you all look about the same age. And I can see there going with a lot of the love story stuff here as well. Will be interested in seeing it when it comes out.

loempiavreter

Yeah it didn't make sense to see such young Xavier.

When I saw the other screenshots and all the first X-Men all in Ivy League-ish clothing, I thought it was set in the 60s or late 50s. So thought this was gonna be a pre-que lto the other 3 X-Men movies, grab a few X-Men characters not used in the other flicks and set it in that period, but then the appereance of Cyclops and Beast didn't make sense :/

ShaOW!linDude

My understanding is that it is supposed to be a prequel (of a sort). Guess I need to watch the trailer again. I didn't catch Cyclops in there. I know his brother, Alex who is Havok, is in this. (He's supposed to be the younger bro, too, but what do studioheads know.)

Lots of characters in this. Wonder how busy it's going to be. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

daisho2004

OK I just seen this movie tonight and I have to say I thought it was really good, I like how it told the whole back story to all of them. Well the main ones Prof X, Mystic & Magneto as well as The Beast. There were a lot of new character that I don't know who they are because they weren't in any of the other movies. I do know they had Emma Frost in it. But again I don't know any of the new characters because I never followed the comic books. One of the new characters was a Girl with Butter Fly wings I didn't like character all that much. Kevin Bacon was great to see as a villain, he played the part awesome! Some really good action scenes, would've like a bit more at the end, but definitely a must see movie. I hope they atleast make a sequel!

OK I just seen this movie tonight and I have to say I thought it was really good, I like how it told the whole back story to all of them. Well the main ones Prof X, Mystic & Magneto as well as The Beast. There were a lot of new character that I don't know who they are because they weren't in any of the other movies. I do know they had Emma Frost in it. But again I don't know any of the new characters because I never followed the comic books. One of the new characters was a Girl with Butter Fly wings I didn't like character all that much. Kevin Bacon was great to see as a villain, he played the part awesome! Some really good action scenes, would've like a bit more at the end, but definitely a must see movie. I hope they atleast make a sequel!

To clear things up on one of the "new" characters, Havoc (played by SPY NEXT DOOR's Lucas Till) is in the comics the brother of Cyclops. His real name is Alex Summers.

froffeecoffee
To clear things up on one of the "new" characters, Havoc (played by SPY NEXT DOOR's Lucas Till) is in the comics the brother of Cyclops. His real name is Alex Summers.

Also, Azrael is Nightcrawler's father.

Yes, it was an awesome X-Men film! What a way to make up for X3 and Wolverine. I think there will definitely be a sequel to this!

Don't forget Michael Fassbender's brilliant portrayal of Magneto. Really added sympathy to Magneto's motivations.

daisho2004

Its funny I was at work today talking with one of my friends who is big into comics and he really did enjoy this movie, although he wasn't happy how they changed a lot of the storyline as to how Proff. X got Crippled was one thing.

Major news:

Director Matthew Vaughn, and lead actors James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Jennifer Lawrence are going to return for X-MEN: FIRST CLASS 2

Dark Horizons

Great news about part 2.

Watched part 1 again the other day-2nd best X Men flik after X2-and thought Michael Fassbender would make an ideal James Bond when Daniel Craig steps down. Those scenes where he is hunting Nazis in South America, he is so cool there...

Archived