Sleepy Eyes Of Death Boxset 2 On Sale Now!

Vegeta84

Ok, normally, I wouldn't advertise something like this, but I ordered this last week on AnimEigo's website and I loved these movies. (Especially the 7th one)

AnimEigo has it on sale on their website right now which is www.animeigo.com and they ship pretty damn fast. It's 69.99, but they ship for free and for some reason they knock off 5 bucks.

I really want them to release the final four films so get your acts together and buy this boxset. Top knotch films with great quality subs and picture quality.

Now, if I could somehow convince them to release Hunter In The Dark and Tenchu....

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vegeta84: You should check out my reivew of this series there were also 2 more movies that were made after Raizo's Death that were excellent as well. #13,14 a must have to this collection. Merlin over@SamuraiDVD.com subtitled them from a remastered print.

BTW DeepDiscount.com has this series listed at $57.60 w/free s/h

Just scroll to the top of the page and read Samurai movies/TV and there sequel.

I have the entire series that was done also by Merlin before Animeigo decided to continue with this series and all of them are excellent. I hope that they do release #'s 8-12 but if they don't atleast Merlin did them and they are excellent remasterd copies.

As far as I know Merlin did the remastering on his sets. Also I know he did the remastering for #13,14 because they aren't even available. And I doubt Animeigo will ever do those 2 movies, I would love it if they did but I wouldn't count on it.

No kidding? You would think if someone went to the trouble of scanning in a print and digitally cleaning it and so on that they might as well be a company and license it.:ooh:

Sounds cool, maybe I'll check it out sometime. I've still to even see the first set.:cry:

Sounds cool, maybe I'll check it out sometime. I've still to even see the first set.

John: This is a Great series one that is not meant to be missed.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I've bought the complete set from Merlin before animego released the series on boxset.. For you guys who bought the box set is the quality and subtitles the exact same as the Merlin's one???

I just placed my order, can't wait to get them in the mail....

OpiumKungFuCracker: Make sure you get on Merlin's emailing list that way you get his movies at discount, and not pay full price.

OpiumKungFuCracker

I remembered being on his email list but never received any updates... Do I just email him about that??

Well I hope you're happy, Daisho! Because of you I finally sprung on the first box. :P

John: Trust me you'll be thanking me for this later on. To me its one of the best series next to Lone Wolf & Cub, & Zatoichi Not always full of action or gore but great stories and when there is action it is really good.

kungfusamurai
This series is awesome! You should be very happy if you like Zatoichi and LWAC.

I would actually say it's NOT like them. Those two series feature lead actors who are highly skilled on screen swordsmen. You see them whip out the sword so fast that if you blink, you miss stuff. Ichikawa Raizo was more of a good actor than a good swordsman. I'm not saying that his sword play is week, it's just not on par with Katsu or Wakayama. But there are many chambara films that came out during that era which don't feature super speed sword play but are really well done.

I can't wait to get my set. I got it off ebay for less than $55 before shipping.

KFS

kungfusamurai

I got my set yesterday and checked it out, and I was very impressed with the quality of the transfer. Colors are bright, and it looked great upconverted on by Blu Ray player onto a 42 inch plasma screen. The only bad thing is the subs look giant and chunky yellow all over the bottom of the movie itself (i.e. they're not in the bottom black bar). I don't know if that's a setting in my player that I have to change.

The set itself is pretty bare bones. Four discs crammed into to sides, with minimal descriptions. No booklet, I think all the info are on the disks (I didn't browse those).

KFS

Guest WuxiaFan
I got my set yesterday and checked it out, and I was very impressed with the quality of the transfer. Colors are bright, and it looked great upconverted on by Blu Ray player onto a 42 inch plasma screen. The only bad thing is the subs look giant and chunky yellow all over the bottom of the movie itself (i.e. they're not in the bottom black bar). I don't know if that's a setting in my player that I have to change.

KFS - I've not experienced that with other AnimEigo discs I have. While a disc is playing, try adjusting your screen format from your TV remote. You may have to zoom out a little and the subs should appear lower on the screen. That worked for me on another movie.

When I get my set, I'll check it on my TV as its the same size as yours.

TheDenizen

Whoa, can't believe I missed this.

I totally loved the first 4 movie set. I need to pick this up ASAP

Archived