New Shaw titles on Blu-Ray

Monk Sante

Love Eterne The (Shaw Brothers) (Blu-ray) (1963)

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=11559&LanguageID=0

Kindgom And The Beauty The (Shaw Brothers) (Blu-ray) (1959)

http://www.dddhouse.com/v3/product_details.php?ProductID=11560&LanguageID=0

Not a fan of these titles myself but I hope this is a sign of things to come. :smile:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My copy of The Love Eterne blu ray arrived today. Celestial has done some amazing/astounding restoration/remastering work on it compared to the DVD version released by them. It's like night & day as the old DVD was horrible even though they claimed it was remastered in HD. I believe they remastered the blu ray from a different print and probably from the original negatives. The old DVD looked like a VCD! The sound is good and I didn't hear any artificial 5.1 additions though there was slight sound from my rear speakers in some scenes. These did not detract from my enjoyment of the movie. The documentary is new......I have not seen it before. The music accompanying the Celestial logo is new. There are 4 trailers for the 4 blu ray releases......The KIngdom & The Beauty, The Love Eterne, The One Armed Swordsman, The New One Armed Swordsman. The original trailer for The Love Eterne is included. I chose the Mandarin lossless sound option for my viewing.

Good to hear about the subs. With the Ziieagle release, I'd bet that Celestial had them all redone. Singaporeans are pretty exacting about English grammar & translation, unless you're an ah beng!

LOVE ETERNE might be the first title to get the re-remastering they talked about in that Ziieagle press release. An interesting development, and if it weren't for the remixed audio this would be downright exciting.

[tinfoil]

Wonder if this has anything to do with the lack of Blu-ray for Dragon Dynasty's Shaw releases after the embarassing 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN - have they known about and been waiting on these new masters? That would be nice - and totally out of character for that particular company.

[/tinfoil]

OpiumKungFuCracker

I'm not gonna make the same mistakes I did with the IVL celestials on not grabbing every copy I can.. Now some of those titles are OOP... I'm grabbing every copy on bluray, well maybe not all, but the badass ones though...

Guest Markgway
I forgot to mention that the English subs are newly translated and error-free. They are more accurate too. BRAVO Celestial!

Sounds great... apart from the lack of original mono.

That's a deal breaker for me.

Does anyone have an address so I can email them and kindly suggest they put on the mono tracks for future titles?

Archived