The Anonymous King - The Search For Hwang Jang Lee

BlurayStation3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Young Taoism Fighter.

CR vs HJL

Wow, awesome clip. Ashamed to say i've never actually seen this movie, is there a good version available?

Wow, awesome clip. Ashamed to say i've never actually seen this movie, is there a good version available?

Yes, there is a new Fortune Star DVD out of Hong Kong. You should be able to find it easily.

Yes, there is a new Fortune Star DVD out of Hong Kong. You should be able to find it easily.

Thanks, just ordered the Fortune Star DVD from HMV (Hong Kong) for a very respectable £7 including shipping. :smile:

The Australian R4 DVD is pretty good. Before, I had only seen the US VHS version and it was cut by 10 minutes (including the opening, dialogue, and a love scene between Loren Avedon and his character's girlfriend)

I am enjoying this Mr. Smooth :bigsmile:, Interesting to know he is Moo Duk Kwan stylist, being from the Ji Do Kwan style myself. Man I hope I get a chance to see this documentary, Hwang along with Tan Tao Liang are my favorite TKD movie stars! I consider all TKD practicioners to be part of one big family though, just as all Martial Artists are brothers....

• Administrator
I am enjoying this Mr. Smooth :bigsmile:, Interesting to know he is Moo Duk Kwan stylist, being from the Ji Do Kwan style myself. Man I hope I get a chance to see this documentary, Hwang along with Tan Tao Liang are my favorite TKD movie stars! I consider all TKD practicioners to be part of one big family though, just as all Martial Artists are brothers....

Ah Chinatown Kid, our long lost brother, it's good to see you posting here once again. :bigsmile: Of course you bring and share your good spirit and honor with your words. We need you around here! :smile:

The director of ANONYMOUS KING is still working on post production and making good progress. We will all get to see this tantalizing documentary in the near future. He mentioned to me that he was bummed that he missed the above mentioned get-together though.

Chinatown Kid
Ah Chinatown Kid, our long lost brother, it's good to see you posting here once again. :bigsmile: Of course you bring and share your good spirit and honor with your words. We need you around here! :smile:

Thanks for the kind words my friend, nice people like you made me miss this forum and want to come back. :smile: I'm sure Chen Kuan Tai was amazed when he saw your artwork of him, you sure have the talent my man! You should be drawing your own comic book based on the Kung Fu film genre. Why some major company hasn't discovered you by now is beyond me. But back to the thread topic, The Anonymous King oaught to be a great watch when it comes out, hope to learn alot more about the great HJL!

• Administrator
Thanks for the kind words my friend, nice people like you made me miss this forum and want to come back. :smile: I'm sure Chen Kuan Tai was amazed when he saw your artwork of him, you sure have the talent my man! You should be drawing your own comic book based on the Kung Fu film genre. Why some major company hasn't discovered you by now is beyond me. But back to the thread topic, The Anonymous King oaught to be a great watch when it comes out, hope to learn alot more about the great HJL!

Cool! Glad you're back man. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the kind words regarding my art. Things have been looking up lately and I actually have a few exciting opportunities in the art field that DO involve martial arts stuff and comic book work. I'll keep y'all posted on any interesting tidbits as things develop. Among these opps, and getting back to the thread topic... The director of this doc has asked me to work up some designs for a poster/DVD cover for THE ANONYMOUS KING- THE SEARCH FOR HWANG JANG-LEE! :nerd: I'm thrilled at the chance to be even a small part of this project, and must say that Jon seems to be a very cool guy.

The director of this doc has asked me to work up some designs for a poster/DVD cover for THE ANONYMOUS KING- THE SEARCH FOR HWANG JANG-LEE! :nerd: I'm thrilled at the chance to be even a small part of this project, and must say that Jon seems to be a very cool guy.

That is great news Bob!!!! You definitely deserve it and welcome back Chinatown Kid!!! :D

Chinatown Kid
That is great news Bob!!!! You definitely deserve it and welcome back Chinatown Kid!!! :D

Thanks Albert, good to be back brother! :bigsmile: Bob's going to hook me up with one of his HJL posters, can't wait to show it to my TKD instructor who is a big Martial Arts movie fan himself.

• Administrator

Thanks Albert. :wink:

Thanks Albert, good to be back brother! :bigsmile: Bob's going to hook me up with one of his HJL posters, can't wait to show it to my TKD instructor who is a big Martial Arts movie fan himself.

Since you ordered a poster-sized print, I'll include an 11x17 print for your teacher too. Thanks for supporting my art man! :bigsmile:

Now that has got to make you feel great.

By the look on his face you can see he really likes it.

Look at the size of his knuckles, they are huge.

• Administrator

Yeah guys, it does make me feel great! :bigsmile:

I received the photo from Jon, and replied back asking for any details. What did he say? Did he dig it? et.... :smile: I'll pass on any cool details as I get them.

I'm definitely going to frame this photo and hang it next to my autographed poster print. :nerd:

I saw those knuckles!!!! Wow, he still means business no doubt. :xd:

I saw those knuckles!!!! Wow, he still means business no doubt. :xd:

Knuckles that only rival Carter Wong. So, is it assumed that Hwang teaches TKD in Hong Kong? Or is this in Korea? I saw more recent pics of him w/Cynthia from her Korea tour this year.

• Administrator
Knuckles that only rival Carter Wong. So, is it assumed that Hwang teaches TKD in Hong Kong? Or is this in Korea? I saw more recent pics of him w/Cynthia from her Korea tour this year.

As far as huge, calloused knuckles, I'd have to add Bruce Liang as a top three contender as well.

He lives in Korea which is where this picture was snapped. The photo was specifically taken in the World MDK General Federation Head Office. I'm pretty sure MDK stands for Mu Duk Kwon (a style of Tae Kwon Do).

Archived