Choy Li Fut (loooong trailer)

FrankBolte

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this a film or tv series? Either way I'm not impressed by what's on display.

I agree - choreography looks rather generic. This has to be a tv series, right? Production values look on the low side.

It's definitely a movie. Mike Leeder mentioned this movie in a recent issue of Impact magazine. The fight choreographer was also the lead villain, Sam Wong, a former Jackie Chan Stunt Team member who also choreographed Kane's action film Muscle Heat (aka Blood Heat).

And yes, that is Lau Kar-Wing :-)

The film has Kane and Sammy Hung play martial artists who go to China to study CLF despite objections from their teacher (and Sammy's father), played by Sammo, and find the school under attack by a kickboxing school run by Sam Wong and his star student Ian Powers. So Kane and Sammy enter a tournament to help the CLF school.

We have a thread on the film:

http://kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12457

Choy li Fut is a movie, not a TV series

Thats not really a trailer, thats somone putting up ungraded, unfinished footage

The film stars Sammy hung, Kane Kosugi, Sammo Hung, Yuen Wah, lau Kar-wing, Sam Wong, ian Powers & To Yu-hong from 'Ip Man: Legend is Born"

The footage on the green screen background is flashback footage etc

Trying to get the producers to let me release the proper trailers which showcase the action properly

Guest Yi-Long
Love the green screen Japanese garden. :crossedlips:

I agree with everyone saying this looks like a TV show.

I noticed they used some CGI/Green Screen in Wing Chun Kung Fu as well, which also made little to no sense, as it was just the ground they stood on, which was nothing special, and it looked fake and cheap as hell. Very disturbing.

I noticed they used some CGI/Green Screen in Wing Chun Kung Fu as well, which also made little to no sense, as it was just the ground they stood on, which was nothing special, and it looked fake and cheap as hell. Very disturbing.

Really? I haven't seen it yet.

That's very weird though. Maybe it's kind of a George Lucas thing where they're using movies to experiment with SFX and then subjecting us to them.

Archived