shaw brothers english dubbed kung fu movies

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

i just wanted to give my thoughts on english dubbed kung fu movie.now there will probaley will never be a good english dubbed movie if it was not dubbed in the 70s and 80s. because the people hew do the dubbing now just ant that good the voices dont fitt the actors.and you cant just get the poeple that did the dubbed movies from back in the days and get them to do the dubbes now because most of them probaley dont work no more or maybe past away.so if the movie was not dubbed back in the 70s and 80s you are not going to get a good shaw brothers english dubbed movie. so we will never get a good soul of the sword rendezvous with death roving swordsman the 2 venom films that dont come with english dubbes lengend of the fox and sword stained with royal blood the 2 bastard swordmans films and 100 of other movies in good english dubbed.thats just my thoughts on the subject.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can appreciate that opinion. I know we run the gamut here, and there are many in this community who believe there was never a good English dub, in any era. My personal viewpoint is closer to the latter. To be more exact, they were not great, but overall decent in the 70's and somewhat less decent in the early 80's. That's not to say I hate them: they've given me an endless source of unintended hilarity that I wouldn't trade for anything, and the differences I see between those and modern-day works can boil down to a level of commitment in the line reads that make the old stuff sound at least more exciting, if not successful acting-wise. They get credit nowadays, though, for being much better at matching lip movements.

Old School dubs can be fun, and should be available via region 1 releases as an alternative audio track even if for nothing more but to preserve a piece of history. Getting companies whose main priority by far is procuring revenue to understand this however is another thing all together... It's hard enough to get legitimate translations and original mono tracks. :squigglemouth:

Archived