Shaw Bros. Triple Threat Pack Invincible Shaolin, Life Gamble, Shaolin Prince

Jd84

I was just wondering if this pack was worth the purchase. I am sorta new to kung fu collecting and have seen none of these movies. I have watched little clips of each movie, but still dont know whether or not to purchase this pack. Welcome to any feedback. Thanks.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
It's the least of the 3, but I liked. Actually, I rate it about the same as Invincible Shaolin

I tried but was very disappointed in the lack of action and overall feel to the movie.

I saw clips of all 3, and from the clips I was least impressed with Shaolin Prince. I think it was the comedy that threw me off.

Morgoth Bauglir

Shaolin Prince is the best of the 3 IMO. The end fight alone makes it worth getting.

If you don't like kung fu comedy you may not like the movie. But for me it's hilarious. The 3 Holy Fools, the guy who dubs Derek Yee, and a rare chance to see Ti Lung in a comedic role.

masterofoneinchpunch

I liked all three, but Invincible Shaolin was my favorite of the three. Awesome training scenes, fighting and full of Chang Cheh's hidden homoerotic imagery -- wait scratch that last one.

InvincibleShaolinHE2.jpg

Morgoth Bauglir

lol. Nice:biggrin:

if standard training movies are your thing, then Invincible Shaolin is going to be your fav of the 3. It is one of the best training movies ever made.

I like a good training movie, but I get bored with them easily. I am usually attracted to movies that do something different with the genre, really creative stuff, which is why Shaolin Prince blew my mind, and also probably why I liked Life Gamble.

Both Shaolin Prince and Invincible Shaolin deserve a standalone dvd version. They're just good. Only consider this Triple Threat if you're not really into serious movie collecting

masterofoneinchpunch
Both Shaolin Prince and Invincible Shaolin deserve a standalone dvd version. They're just good. Only consider this Triple Threat if you're not really into serious movie collecting

Luckily Both have it (I have all three separate). However, I really, really wish there were extras. Damn extras would be nice.

The question is what is he doing to this well?

InvincibleShaolinHE1.jpg

For once I was lucky enough not to own any of the releases from a Shaw Brothers collection.... I couldn't order this fast enough when I saw it listed. :tongue:

Archived