Fist of Fury (23rd Century dvd)

shukocarl

Does anyone know which version is on the UK dvd of Fist of Fury that's on the 23rd Century Label. There's one on eBay right now.

23rd Century has been said to be a UK bootlegging company that has some rare stuff on it's dvd's. They have BBFC certs on the sleeves but when you check the BBFC website there is no evidence of any of them being submitted!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure which version their Fist Of Fury is but i have their release of The Real Bruce Lee which i suspect was taken from the old Intervision pre-cert (widescreen)

i found an old thread elsewhere where a guy who claimed to work for this company listed the titles and where they came from.Stated Fist Of Fury came from a dvd so assuming they didn't boot the HKL release possibly it's a dupe of the old goodtimes usa release?/

Well I finally got hold of one of these discs. It's a boot of either HKL's or the Fox version (it has Mike Remedios' song at the end). It's a good port but non anamophic...god knows how they got away with this in the UK.

Son Of A Gun

To tell if it's the Fox or HKL print,...

If it's the Fox version it will look slightly dull and with a green tinge to it.

If it's the HKL platinum version it will have blown out high contrast and a pink tint.

If it's the HKL 1 disc edition version it will have a softer picture and be overly saturated.

:nerd:

I think it's the HKL. Dialogue missing between Bruce/Nora at grave, Reddish/Pink tint, Mike (bleeding ) Remedios....how come it's letterbox though?

Son Of A Gun

Dialogue missing from the Nora at grave scene? Tell me more. I wasn't aware of this.

I don't know why it's letterbox but I bought a bootleg of the Fox ''My Lucky Stars'' dvd and that was letterbox too and with a much lower bit rate. Plus the 5.1 english dub had been converted to mono. Weird dvd bootleggers.

Maybe a letterbox mpg2 takes up less room on a disc than anamorphic would? Is it dvd5?

Yeah that's probably it. The dialogue bit has always been missing on the HKL dvd. I can't quite remember offhand but it's only a line.

Archived