Western TV shows w/ the best kung fu choreography.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Your lucky KenSakura that you have the DVD's, hopefully sometime this year ill be able to buy the DVD sets of Street Justice along with Highlander Season five and six.

The Canadian DVD sets were released on the VEI label and Mill Creek issued them in the US. I got a bargain as the two seasons of Street Justice were part of a twenty disc set of Stephen J. Cannell produced shows. The other shows in the set are Cobra with Michael Dudikoff and Stingray with Nick Mancuso. I purchased the box set for Street Justice but the other shows are a nice addition and I will check them out soon.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't remember Stingray, but the inclusion on Cobra might actually have been a subtle insult. It was, umm, not good!

Agreed all the way i loved Street Justice when i was a kid. I became a fan of the great Bryan Genesse and his amazing Martial Arts skills ashame he never made it big.

Genesse was shafted by Hollywood. They continued to push VanDamme, Wilson and other dull guys who had no screen presence, nor did they look like movie stars. Genesse had it all, plus I think he could have been a hit with female fans.

I don't think he ever really had a foothold in Hollywoodper se... he did some small TV shows (Street Justice was syndicated after all), some soap work (I think) and a few straight to video movies. He never had the shot that JCVD or Seagal had... I'm not sure what he is doing now, but I believe he was a regular on the Canadian TV series Cold Squad a few years ago; it shows up in US syndication here and there. It might still be in production, I'm not sure.

I don't think he ever really had a foothold in Hollywoodper se... he did some small TV shows (Street Justice was syndicated after all), some soap work (I think) and a few straight to video movies. He never had the shot that JCVD or Seagal had... I'm not sure what he is doing now, but I believe he was a regular on the Canadian TV series Cold Squad a few years ago; it shows up in US syndication here and there. It might still be in production, I'm not sure.

He's gone back to the soaps and is doing real estate. He still trains though. I still think he had the total package to be a bigger star. Sadly, Hollywood is closed minded and run by morons. The same thing is being done to Michael Jai White and Scott Adkins (who has movie star looks and is born to be an action star) but keeps doing Direct to Video stuff, yet major studios continue to put sissified putzs in action films. :sad:

Genesse was shafted by Hollywood. They continued to push VanDamme, Wilson and other dull guys who had no screen presence, nor did they look like movie stars. Genesse had it all, plus I think he could have been a hit with female fans.

I agree Genesse would'ev been a hit with his Female Fans with his goodlooks, his Male fans with his Amazing Martial Arts skills, screen presence, and acting skills. Alot of my favorite people get pushed aside even Jeff Speakman got pushed aside too.

I don't remember Stingray, but the inclusion on Cobra might actually have been a subtle insult. It was, umm, not good!

I haven't watched the Cobra DVD set as yet. I like Michael Dudikoff so at the very least it should be watchable. I'll post my views when I've checked it out. Stingray aired in '86/'87 and is apparently similar to Cobra plot wise. I can't comment as I haven't seen either show.

AndyWayne84
I haven't watched the Cobra DVD set as yet. I like Michael Dudikoff so at the very least it should be watchable. I'll post my views when I've checked it out. Stingray aired in '86/'87 and is apparently similar to Cobra plot wise. I can't comment as I haven't seen either show.

I haven't watched that show in ages since i was kid lol.

I remember coming home after closing down the movie theater and Cobra was one of the syndicated shows that would play at like 3 or 4 in the morning during the week (I think the others were Babylon Five, Highlander and Nightman). It was the only one that I just couldn't force myself to watch, no matter how drunk I was!

AndyWayne84
I really liked MARTIAL LAW with Sammo Hung. Too bad it only lasted 2 seasons.

Agreed it was a great show.

Archived