Tower Of Death Blu Ray

David Rees

AKA Game Of Death 2 has had a Blu ray release in Japan.

The interesting thing is that on this release All audio tracks are in English and it has optional Japanese, English and Traditional Chinese subs. It seems to be the English friendly exception among the recently released Bruce Lee films in Japan.

Fans of the film might want to pick it up as i cant see it getting a blu ray release anywhere else soon. Region A locked also.

TOWER OF DEATH BLU RAY

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's just the same Master that was used for the Fortune Star DVD. the longer Version seems to exist only in English.

i'd beware of that Bluray though, as it's from Fortune Star and their Track Record on Bluray is horrible full of very bad SD-Upscales...

Guest Markgway
i'd beware of that Bluray though, as it's from Fortune Star and their Track Record on Bluray is horrible full of very bad SD-Upscales...

Are the Japanese as likely to put up with that kind of shit?

EDIT: Having just looked at the caps the answer is sadly 'yes'. Ugly as sin.

That shot of Bruce from Way (cap #4) has always looked like that because it's an optical.

And seriously what kind of loon requires 7.1 audio for a cheapy Bruceploitation movie?

I've got this print of the movie.

It's an upscale alright but, lets face it, who is going to put time and effort into restoring this film properly.

At best, it's a guilty pleasure and, at worst, a heap of shit!

"Show this Blu Ray the grave yard! Maybe then it'll change its mind!"

I've got this print of the movie.

It's an upscale alright but, lets face it, who is going to put time and effort into restoring this film properly.

At best, it's a guilty pleasure and, at worst, a heap of shit!

"Show this Blu Ray the grave yard! Maybe then it'll change its mind!"

That's true, but it's not like they couldn't have easily made a true HD remaster. I'm not exactly asking them to clean up dust and scratches. Just put a damn HD print on there.

It is a heap of shit, but it has so much going for it! The soundtrack, the characters, the choreography... after Iron Dragon Strikes Back and Game of Death, possibly my favorite Bruceploitation flick.

I've always loved Tower of Death, I've not seen Iron Dragon Strikes Back as i'm generally not a fan of the Bruceploitation movies but i'll check it out if it's one of the better ones. Can you recommend any others that are worth seeing? I've seen Fist of Fury 2 which I enjoyed and The Man the Myth but after watching Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger I decided I couldn't watch any more and I haven't watched a Bruce clones movie since.

I've always loved Tower of Death, I've not seen Iron Dragon Strikes Back as i'm generally not a fan of the Bruceploitation movies but i'll check it out if it's one of the better ones. Can you recommend any others that are worth seeing? I've seen Fist of Fury 2 which I enjoyed and The Man the Myth but after watching Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger I decided I couldn't watch any more and I haven't watched a Bruce clones movie since.

Iron Dragon Strikes Back (aka Gold Connection) is by no means a "bruceploitation" film. The only reason I call it one is because it stars Bruce Li, but mark my word, Bruce is in a league of his own in this one. It's film noir meets kung fu. It was supposedly directed by a Shaw director, who had to keep his name under the gun (contractual purposes).

It's worth checking out!

http://www.cityonfire.com/iron-dragon-strikes-back-the-1979/

This is a pretty decent version if you're interested.

Iron Dragon Strikes Back (aka Gold Connection) is by no means a "bruceploitation" film. The only reason I call it one is because it stars Bruce Li, but mark my word, Bruce is in a league of his own in this one. It's film noir meets kung fu. It was supposedly directed by a Shaw director, who had to keep his name under the gun (contractual purposes).

It's worth checking out!

http://www.cityonfire.com/iron-dragon-strikes-back-the-1979/

This is a pretty decent version if you're interested.

mpm74

Mate I just watched this at you recommendation. What are you trying to do to me? lol :tongue:

It looks like my wife choreographed it, the budget is about £10 and Bruce Li is sitting around in a fake pair of Asics watching the 1978 World Cup?

All that and 90% of it features the soundtrack from Jaws 2, so I'm consistently looking for a rubber shark.

Wish I'd read Markgway's last comment.

No seriously mpm74, it passed an afternoon but The Man the Myth is The Godfather compared to that, bro.

All taste at the end of the day and appreciate the fact you enjoy it.

* Decent scrap with Ko Fe in the living room, was the highlight.

mpm74

Mate I just watched this at you recommendation. What are you trying to do to me? lol :tongue:

It looks like my wife choreographed it, the budget is about £10 and Bruce Li is sitting around in a fake pair of Asics watching the 1978 World Cup?

All that and 90% of it features the soundtrack from Jaws 2, so I'm consistently looking for a rubber shark.

Wish I'd read Markgway's last comment.

No seriously mpm74, it passed an afternoon but The Man the Myth is The Godfather compared to that, bro.

All taste at the end of the day and appreciate the fact you enjoy it.

* Decent scrap with Ko Fe in the living room, was the highlight.

lol my apologies.

Honestly, me and Markgway think alike for the most part.

But still, in the context of it being a Bruce Li flick, how can you guys not appreciate that film?

I guess I’m losing some creditability. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

Secret Executioner

OMG that looks AWESOME !!! :tongue:

Killer Meteor
lol my apologies.

Honestly, me and Markgway think alike for the most part.

But still, in the context of it being a Bruce Li flick, how can you guys not appreciate that film?

I guess I’m losing some creditability. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I liked it too!

I haven't seen a good Bruce Li film, but from memory Dynamo and Blind Fist of Bruce are OK.

"Oh you shouldn't have done that. No... that was a very big mistake"

I liked it too!

God bless you. It's good to know there is another person out there that appreciates a solid Bruce Li flick.

"Thanks a lot Markgway, you're messin' around with my love life!"

OMG that looks AWESOME !!!

Right?? =D

I've got the Tower of Death soundtrack stored on an old laptop. I'll upload somewhere for people to download when I get a chance.

In the meantime, here's a few tracks I uploaded to YouTube ages ago.

Archived