HP Lovecraft's From Beyond restored footage DVD

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Just read an article w/ Stuart Gordon about the debut R1 release of From Beyond. The DVD will come with extras and restored footage never seen before. Instead of adding the scenes as bonus tracks Gordon insisted they be restored to the film. I guess it's a mere two minutes or so of extra footage. One scene in particular, when Jeffrey sucks the doctor's (Stuart's real life wife) brains out through her eye socket, Jeffrey's shown spitting her eyeball onto the floor where it rolls, stopping, looking straight into the camera.

Supposedly the DVD will be on store shelves by 7/06. Can't wait, this is one of my fave Lovecraft adaptations.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the footage is GREAT. Nearly every major scene has extra bits. Keep your fingers crossed on the DVD release now the Sony owns MGM. They've largely cut back on all the "retro" releases. Sony prefers to rerelease current films rather than spend money on restoring older movies which supposedly don't make as much in sales.

Guest Nguss

This is, without doubt, my favourite Gordon production. I will finally be able to replace my rubbish Hong Kong release.

Archived