Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

WDjH2tR.jpg

I've seen this picture labeled as a young Yuen Woo Ping meeting Bruce Lee for the first time. Is that the case?

If so, it's a pretty amazing picture. To think, two legends (one of them before he was a legend) met so long ago.

EDIT: Yuen Woo Ping is five years younger than Bruce so the age difference seems a little off here. Perhaps the picture is wrongly labeled after all.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
WDjH2tR.jpg

I've seen this picture labeled as a young Yuen Woo Ping meeting Bruce Lee for the first time. Is that the case?

If so, it's a pretty amazing picture. To think, two legends (one of them before he was a legend) met so long ago.

EDIT: Yuen Woo Ping is five years younger than Bruce so the age difference seems a little off here. Perhaps the picture is wrongly labeled after all.

What makes you say the "age difference is off"?

What makes you say the "age difference is off"?

Because Woo Ping looks like a kid here and Bruce looks more than five years older than him.

NoKUNGFUforYU

Couple of interesting things. According to acquaintances of my that were Chinese, Bruce Lee was not considered, by the Chinese community, to be good looking or handsome. Now, this was also back in the good old days where you could be ugly and sexy- Jagger, Bronson, Belmondo, Coburn (He had really bad teeth), Lee Marvin, etc, so being metro was not as big of a thing. He was a sex symbol. You only had to be manly. I think Ti Lung and David Chiang were considered good looking, for example.

The guy dressed metro, though, for sure.

Also, I noticed, he was a really small guy. Even Asians, such as Kurata reflected that he was little and were at first taken back by how small he was. Just look at the photos. He loved his platforms!

Anyway, he LOVED to have his picture taken. You have to remember, unless he had his own darkroom (entirely possible) photo's were not cheap back then, at least in the volume he had them taken! I think, if you were to really look at him- was he a martial artist or a performer, you would have to go with performer. Had he been fully committed to martial arts, he would have done more matches, of some kind, but that would risk facial scars, etc. I don't think he was a coward, just that his priority was acting, first. Hey, nothing wrong with that.

Maybe this is the place to come?

I'm looking for a picture of Linda Lee and Betty Ting Pei together.

Someone help me please, I feel as if I've made it up in my head.