Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

Phantom Dreamer

The late Andy Vajna with Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee in 1972 and with Norris in 2018. Incredible that people still confuse Vajna with Bob Baker. The parody twitter account @bruceleedragon1 has perpetuated that falsehood for far too long. The Bruce Lee social media accounts recently posted that pic of Wall, Norris, Lee and Chow with Vajna and of course many misidentified Vajna as Bob Baker. They looked nothing alike, and if Baker was in Hong Kong during that time then surely Bruce Lee would have cast him in Way of the Dragon. People who deliberately post falsehoods like that need to be called out. 

Screenshot_2020-09-11-16-17-52.png

2020-09-11_04-19-42.jpg

• Like 3

A quick question for everyone, do you think Bolo Yeung is performing a Praying Mantis inspired pose in the image below?. Maybe @DrNgor can shed some light on this one?.

Bolo-Yeung893.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

A quick question for everyone, do you think Bolo Yeung is performing a Praying Mantis inspired pose in the image below?. Maybe @DrNgor can shed some light on this one?.

Bolo-Yeung893.jpg

It certainly looks like it, considering the position of his fingers in his left hand.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DrNgor said:

It certainly looks like it, considering the position of his fingers in his left hand.

It's the position of his hands that gave me that impression, but you know a lot more about the individual Kung Fu styles than I do.

Thanks for sharing your opinion here, anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?

• Like 2

Very little is known about Dragon of Jade, a movie that Bruce Lee planned to make with Golden Harvest before accepting the starring role in Enter the Dragon. Test photos of Lee for Dragon of Jade reveal that it would have been a wuxia film. Wuxia is as a genre where the story is a period piece and the main characters are martial artists and swordsmen. Wuxia films were a dime-a-dozen in Hong Kong during the 1970s for both Shaw Brothers and Golden Harvest, but it would have been something new for Lee, whose movies were all set in the 20th century.

All 8 Unmade Bruce Lee Movies & Shows (& Why They Didn't Happen) - Article

By Nicholas Raymond

Link- https://screenrant.com/bruce-lee-movies-shows-canceled-not-happen-reasons/

bruce-lee-dragon-of-jade.jpg

Image source- https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g294217-d302133-i451727728-Kowloon_Shangri_La_Hong_Kong-Hong_Kong.html

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

No matter how many photos I have seen of Bruce (and I'm sure it's in the thousands), there's still stuff that pops up from time to time that I have never seen before. Where have some of these photos been hanging out in the last 47-ish years or so? :laugh Just hard to believe when I think that I have seen them all, a new one may appear. Hopefully, there will be more new ones to come along at some point. Or, it all could be that I am just getting old have forgotten that I`ve seen a pic or two here and there. Who knows?

• Like 3

Brandon (circa, 1972) being ushered away by his dad Bruce. His grandmother Grace Lee is pictured behind him.

source- https://www.facebook.com/thebrandonleemovement/?hc_ref=ARTVC4CwhSwYurKjnoEnw2nXVRTefSLgw3jFNIE7uG3djUYLXWtZ2HM0ccKMv3R5siQ&fref=nf&__tn__=kC-R

(Link Expired)

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

Anyone have a better quality or uncropped version, of this behind the scenes Enter the Dragon image?.

BL3563.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Cognoscente

The Sep 1972 issue of Hong Kong Movie News showed Bruce helping Connie Chan pick up some moves during the making of The Lizard (when it was known as The Night Stalker). Yuen Woo-Ping worked on this movie, which might explain how he was lucky enough to get his photo taken next to Bruce. I can't remember which page that the photo was on but it can be found somewhere in this thread.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 5/16/2021 at 6:28 AM, Cognoscente said:

The Sep 1972 issue of Hong Kong Movie News showed Bruce helping Connie Chan pick up some moves during the making of The Lizard (when it was known as The Night Stalker). Yuen Woo-Ping worked on this movie, which might explain how he was lucky enough to get his photo taken next to Bruce. I can't remember which page that the photo was on but it can be found somewhere in this thread.

It would be cool to see some more images from this visit to the Shaw Brothers studio. Despite working for a rival company, Bruce Lee clearly spent a lot of time visiting the Shaw Brothers movie town.

Was the below picture taken outside Golden Harvest or Wader Studios?, it appears it was taken around the time he was making Fist of Fury(1972)?.

BL2244.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

DragonClaws

The Hong Kong newspaper cameras greet the cast and crew of The Big Boss, during their return to Hong Kong. Was it this press conference that was recorded by the local TVB studio?.

BL812.jpg

BL805.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DragonClaws

- Two more pictures from the same 1971 press conference, the second photo is from one of the cameramen taking pictures on the front row in the below image.

BL1036.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d5/e8/2f/d5e82f47499077a80c17866ec4237f71.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Cognoscente

I was hoping that Japanese pages of Google, Twitter and Facebook would contain the ever elusive photo of Lee with Lazenby...alas it wasn't meant to be. It's too bad that Lazenby didn't come to HK much earlier, because we might have seen him play Parsons.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

• Like 3