Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

Phantom Dreamer

Bruce Lee's final appearance on HK-TVB's 'Enjoy Yourself Tonight', July 5, 1973. 15 days before Bruce Lee died from complications related to heat stroke.

35359282_455014841593562_1495180795520745472_n.jpg

• Like 3

Phantom Dreamer
11 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Is the small Nora Miao, Big Boss image featured in the collage below, from her deleted scene with BL?, or just is it just another promotional picture?

BL1841.jpg

Well, she's looking directly at the camera, that should answer your question.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Well, she's looking directly at the camera, that should answer your question.

Appreciate the feedback, but why have you quoted me from completely different thread?.

Phantom Dreamer

Photo dug up by "LJF" of Bruce Lee changing back into his running shoes at a memorial service for Yip (Ip) Man in December 1972.

10660001ad8cd5b9670e.jpg

• Like 2

79ab4d3e1d7c876b0d40012e8a00f303.jpg

Bruce Lee performs a high kick, at the Golden Harvest back-lot, during a break in filming WOTD(1972)

68c6707f0690e1870b3656d8bc357825.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

blkissfan.jpg

A lucky fan or an adoring friend of the Hong Kong film circle. Either one, Bruce sure made her day. Well it turns out she is a journalist, named Pang Cheng-Lian of New Nation (Singapore). She wrote a segment on Bruce Lee called INSIDE BRUCE LEE featured in Bruce Lee: Words of the Dragon: Interviews, 1958-1973 by John Little. You can check out the online preview, just google her name + Bruce Lee. A big thanks to Bruce Lee historian and collector, Jean-Marc Jourdain for supplying the precious info.

Source Link- https://preserveddragons.com/insights2.html

e5c9938af0a96f1b733222b311de1fb4.jpg

Bruce was always a people person. He got along with everybody. He was especially more friendly with the commoners. There was a time when Bruce fought for custodial workers to get more pay, and not to mention the stuntmen who took a lot of physical abuse and danger for dirt cheap pay (around $80 a day). Bruce was able to push the brass to pay stuntmen $100+ a day. That is why when Bruce decided to take his Hong Kong stunt team with him to Hollywood, the top brass panicked.

Vincent Kwok, the actor / stuntman who played the Japanese man in the infamous FIST OF FURY scene who got viciously knocked out at the entrance of the garden under the deplorable sign 'NO DOGS OR CHINESE ALLOWED' had this to say about Bruce: I injured my wrist on a job in Macao which Bruce didn't know about. I returned to Hong Kong and met up with Bruce and the stunt guys for dim sum. In the elevator, he noticed my wrist and asked why it was wrapped. I told him it was a stunt gone wrong on a movie set. It was quite serious--broke a bone. Even though he had nothing to do with it, he immediately gave me $500. So I feel Bruce really takes good care of his friends, his brothers (stunt team).

• Like 2

With the late actor Yueh Hua, on the set of a Shaw Brothers movie, can anyone take a guess which film this was?.

Hua sadly passed away last week, a veteran of 90 movies, with a career that spanned from the early 60's to 2016.

eb95010dee13ffee121e91e436e5eac5.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks to @Asmo, for the heads up on this news.

Would Bruce Lee has simply returned to the States, if Raymond Chow didnt start Golden Harvest Studios?. Or would he have ended up working for anoter indie studio in H.K?. After turning down Shaw Brothers standard contract offer?.

R.I.P Raymond Chow, with BL, at Kai-Tak airport.

55b429d59163b478ce3911b78a0ad8e6.jpg

Chow, with BL, Golden Harvest emplyee Ricky Chik, Unicorn Chan, and Linda Lee.

Was this taken at Chik's wedding?.

797c724b101c87f8562ee0d9d1b3bf97.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

With Raymond Chow gone, there is one less person to answer to us and identify the individual seated between Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee at this Hong Kong restaurant that 1972 night.

745a55f6161c52761d01a2c2625865ee.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 9:34 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Press availability

I think that might be BL personal assistent, who wrote down his ideas film making related requests, she appears with Henry Wong, in The Intercepting Fist documentary. Cant recall her name at the moment?, she worked closely with BL on his GOD film, but I recall her saying, everything she wrote down for the film was lost.

On 11/3/2018 at 1:55 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

With Raymond Chow gone, there is one less person to answer to us and identify the individual seated between Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee at this Hong Kong restaurant that 1972 night. 

Andrew Vajna, U.S film producer, or maybe Chuck Norris's brother, or Raymond Chows bodyguard.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
7 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Andrew Vajna, U.S film producer, or maybe Chuck Norris's brother, or Raymond Chows bodyguard.

Possible, but that obviously isn't "Robert Baker" who the twitter account @bruceleedragon1 always identifies him as. 

On 11/1/2018 at 9:37 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Well, props to this person for digging up a pic I have never seen before.

Here's a much larger, un-cropped, and clearer version of the exact same photo, posted online by somebody else.

BL2072.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1