Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

Phantom Dreamer
23 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Anyone know when this picture with Chuck Norris was taken?

1968 or 1969 would be my guess.

• Like 1

DragonClaws
6 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

1968 or 1969 would be my guess.

Any ideas about the event/location?, there's other stills floating around, with Lee dressed the same, stood with Norris and some of Karate guy's of the era.

DragonClaws

Another speed/reaction game with a friend in Hong Kong, anyone here can put a name to this guy in the top two images?.

Early family picture tagged on at the end.

40be8c39.jpg

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
50 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Any ideas about the event/location?, there's other stills floating around, with Lee dressed the same, stood with Norris and some of Karate guy's of the era.

Hayward Nishiyoka, Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris.

hn3.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws

Joking around.

eaf0258ccb11c47755737611ea2b966d.jpg

The original Fist of Fury.

2f637b87752627a8969fb1ddfc773298.jpg

Son Brandon, prepares to break some boars on anohter HKTVB appearance.

a5742bd0-d26f-11e7-986f-48a2e310a482_ima

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Maybe this has already been posted, but did anyone see this and could Chinese speakers give us a summary of what TIng Pei says here ?

I have always been suspicious of the fact she was his mistress. Maybe I'm naive, but in many martial arts movies, it's said that martial arts practitioners must avoid women in order to be perfectly trained and in one of his movies (I don't remember which one), there was as scene in which Bruce Lee was training and a woman appeared and he despised her because of his training. I would be surprised that a man who was so interested in his art and his health would have cheated his wife with another one, but, as I said, I must be very naive and romantic...:bs_smile:

Bruce "kid in a candy store" Lee was consumed with ass. 

4a1856720f81265c6f72edf74157ded9.jpg.a29309db752214b4b047a8ba6bc9678b (1).jpg

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Maybe this has already been posted, but did anyone see this and could Chinese speakers give us a summary of what TIng Pei says here ?

I have always been suspicious of the fact she was his mistress. Maybe I'm naive, but in many martial arts movies, it's said that martial arts practitioners must avoid women in order to be perfectly trained and in one of his movies (I don't remember which one), there was as scene in which Bruce Lee was training and a woman appeared and he despised her because of his training. I would be surprised that a man who was so interested in his art and his health would have cheated his wife with another one, but, as I said, I must be very naive and romantic...:bs_smile:

Oh no attractive woman, stay in the closet, I despise you because of my training. 

20687196_1972358523042656_105320878794866688_n.jpg.de75d2163c6e6ef0d90ec7d316b3447e.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Some people at Nick Clarke's forum were speculating whether or not Tiana Silliphant and Bruce Lee were "a thing".

Unabe to answer that one, tough question.

If, this happened, then this really doesnt make Lee look good at all. For Silliphant was one of the few in Hollywood, who was really trying to help Lee, poor way to repair the favour, and also, she would have only been 15 or younger at the time?. That is, IF it really went down. Lee had moved to Hong Kong by late 71, and she was born in 1956?. It easy for people to ask about other possible affairs, now people know what he was like. However, that doesnt mean he was bedding everyone's wifes and then some. Lee had many Hollywood clients at the time, some he knew for longer periods of time than others. Just how many people in Hollywood did he train, that we don't know about?. He must have had more than one high profile writer as a student?. Some people must have been dedicated, but I guess a lot came and went within a short space of time.

Edited by DragonClaws

Phantom Dreamer
2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Unabe to answer that one, tough question.

If, this happened, then this really doesnt make Lee look good at all. For Silliphant was one of the few in Hollywood, who was really trying to help Lee, poor way to repair the favour, and also, she would have only been 15 or younger at the time?. That is, IF it really went down. Lee had moved to Hong Kong by late 71, and she was born in 1956?.

I think the 1956 year of birth is up for dispute, she even implies she's probably older in that TruthDig interview. She was probably still underage if she had any alleged affair with Bruce Lee though. Of course Stirling Silliphant was 22 years older than Lee and she ended up marrying him and I read elsewhere that Lee blamed Tiana for breaking up Silliphant's marriage.

Edited by Phantom Dreamer
  • Like 2

DragonClaws

Demonstration time, in a Hong Kong restuarant

7d12b803844d518452135c25826b9e56.jpg

Giving Mi(Han Ying Chieh) a lift, in The Big Boss.

d0f745828d76fd42719e0f41ee2357e0.jpg

Is that stuntman Mar,s behind Lee's shoulder?.

22b6f1aa06c1f47bc529f8afcf035a86.jpg

Outside Golden Harvest studios, during the making of WOTD.

a216f8c4c0d505e81ba3a5f3ebd112f0.jpg

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

MV5BMjE0MDg1OTkxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjAz

I'm under the impression that BL, moved to Carlifornia to pursue a career in film, in 1965?. Currenlty don't have my collection of Lee related books to consult, so excuse any errors. It would also during this time, that he made his last attmept at fame, before following Fred Weintraub's advice, of making a movie in Hong Kong. Following the career pattern of Clint Eastwood, when he went to Italy to make movies, that would later make him a big name in the U.S. Despite a strong supporting role in the succesful Greent Hornet T.V adaptation, racism in Hollywood would put stop to a second season. The only explanation I can think of?, for a popular show to be axed so early. It did however lead to further T.V work, along with an appearance in the big screen movie Marlowe(1969). Along with choreogrpahy work on The Wrecking Crew(1968) and A Walk In The Spring(1970) Rain. He wuld also assemble a cult following of celebrity students, from James Garner, Sharon Tate, to Steven McQueen and James Coburn to name only a few. It was interesting and transitional period for Bruce Lee, from Martial Arts teacher to the general public, to a highly sought after and expensive private teacher, to the stars of 1960's Hollywood.

The Green Hornet was never successful and I don't believe there's evidence James Garner took lessons from Bruce Lee other than on the set of Marlowe. 

DragonClaws
On 8/5/2018 at 7:55 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

The Green Hornet was never successful and I don't believe there's evidence James Garner took lessons from Bruce Lee other than on the set of Marlowe. 

Well I've read that the ratings were not the reason the series was axed, and Lee got a lot of fan mail. It might not have been big on the scale of the Batman series, but it cant have been that much of a dud, if Lee was asked to do publi appearences dressed as Kato.

This is not a personal dig, but I'm baffled as to why you dont just quote me in the relevant threads??. I created a thread for this very subject, and you've quoted me in the BL Photo thread?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1