Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

DragonClaws
22 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Wei Ping-ao (Paul Wei)?

I can see why you would think that, especially with the hat. I also made that suggestion once in the past, but its not him, it's one of the crew who worked behind the camera. Just not 100% if its the Japanese man BL wanted to hire?.

DragonClaws

With Lo Lieh, at the Shaw Brothers studio's.

af9b7914812f2be2e95777a151bef2c4.jpg

On the set of Hapkido, with Ricky Chik and other members of the Golden Harvest film crews.

93f0df742bd628957f5466604579e7dd.jpg

Stretching, while watching the screen, in the Golden Harvest dubbing studio.

bruce-lee-stretching-2.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee & Bolo using the same barbell?

Most likely the same one, I know this topic came up when Bolo's son posted the picture on his Instagram page. Though these were mass produced, and Bolo might have just brought it from his gym?. Or did Lee have one laying around GH?, like the heavy dumbell he kept in his office, to impress people with. Doing various different lifts.

They used to be reffered to as an olympic bar, and has some give to it, when wieghts are applied. A normal barball is designed to be much more rigid and stiffer.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee and Bob Wall at the Colosseum in Rome. Reportedly, Bruce Lee was annoyed Wall showed up but I think it worked out in the end. Tang Lung's brief fight with Wall's character was better than the one in ETD IMO. Way needed more actual martial artists in it. Another reason to doubt the dude at that restaurant was Bob Baker. The twitter account @bruceleedragon1 claims it was Baker and unfortunately, searches have followed suit too.

00a8c3515a6e87b554222bbc943262b3.jpg

Edited by Phantom Dreamer
  • Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

The fans, they actually want things now! I can't say I blame them, I understand completely and ideologically agree 100%!

b2a8665815dad87c5975b7b014d570d8.jpg

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Family day out with friends and the Lee family butler, far left.

054f2d19c7c95fb4f83bc7467ea9aaf2.jpg

Make up application, before yet anohter HKTVB appearance.

569c1d77e7e6d75d1c112da346c57354.jpg

One word that describes most BL images, is Kinetic.

f97f94405de3749c82da4cb82931a093.jpg

This is the best version of this image I can find, it looks like a T.V or Radio interview with Bob Wall, BL, Chuck Norris on the set of Hapkido?.

058b64eb045e28e079d7f4c9690e3464--way-of

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

The supposed rift between Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee may have started when Norris outed himself as not a team player when he refused to wear the Bruce Lee flying sidekick logo T-shirt. You got to leave the ego at the door.

ec26f2f2e3d4e0b53ee3af31d5bb94cc.jpg

• Like 1

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

The supposed rift between Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee may have started when Norris outed himself as not a team player when he refused to wear the Bruce Lee flying sidekick logo T-shirt. You got to leave the ego at the door.

Who started the supposed rift rumour?.

Looks like both Norris and Wall were being big rebels that day, not wearing those t-shirts. Personally I dont see Norris having a beef with Lee, at least not in what he present to the public. I'm sure the most laid back, easy going person, would be little tired of hearing the same questions regaridng BL, for the last thirty year or so of his life or her life.

Norris went on to do a lot more in his life, from a full movie career, to a hit T.V show. Not to mention his ventions off screen in both business and charity work.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

I was mostly joking around playing off the Chuck Norris letter that he wrote to Bruce and Matthew Polly tweeted the other day.

Edited by Phantom Dreamer

DragonClaws
16 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

I was mostly joking around playing off the Chuck Norris letter that he wrote to Bruce and Matthew Polly tweeted the other day.

Not read that letter yet.

DragonClaws

Thanks for posting that, after reading the whole letter, you could take bits of it out of context, but he' doesnt appear bitter towards BL. Chuck Norris always had good things to say about the late Bruce Lee.

5e8c28328e0d9489972c6bfcf4f72d09.jpg

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer
8 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Thanks for posting that, after reading the whole letter, you could take bits of it out of context, but he' doesnt appear bitter towards BL. Chuck Norris always had good things to say about the late Bruce Lee.

I have no reason not to believe they weren't genuinely friends, but perhaps they would have drifted apart eventually. It seems Bruce Lee and the karate practitioners he trained with, taught, whatever, eventually had a falling out, be it Mike Stone, Joe Lewis. I am also sure Chuck Norris grew tired of being asked about Bruce Lee decades ago, and when he does, Norris always adds that he, meaning himself, was a "professional fighter" and Bruce was not. In one of his autobiographies Norris mentioned that through Bruce, he got the cameo in the Dean Martin movie The Wrecking Crew, but he seems to omit that anecdote when he talks about his first role nowadays.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
6 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

have no reason not to believe they weren't genuinely friends, but perhaps they would have drifted apart eventually. It seems Bruce Lee and the karate practitioners he trained with, taught, whatever, eventually had a falling out, be it Mike Stone, Joe Lewis.

According to Joe Lewis, he would often talk down Mike Stone to Chuck Norris, then talk down Norris when talking to Joe, then talk down Lewis when talking to Mike Stone, you get the jist. Lewis was testing out a lot of BL's theories, in actual competitive fights. Then BL would quiz him about what did and didnt work. I can see why he might get tired of that pretty quick. Though I'm sure Lewis himself was no saint either.

As a fan you cant really comment what happened either way. Get a group of young men in a room, and there's going to be a lot ego's and ribbing etc. Wether their top class Karate guy's, or just young people having fun.

Phantom Dreamer

Hey Shannon, meet your new mommy!

Matthew Polly, author of Bruce Lee: A Life

Here are the quotes my interview with Bob Wall in 2013. I did not include it in my book, because Bob Wall is unreliable and because I'm not a mercenary. (I have the whole interview on tape.)

MATTHEW POLLY: Did Bruce take Betty Ting Pei with him to Rome for the filming of Way of the Dragon?

BOB WALL: No, because he was fucking the other girl, the model, Nora Miao. He was hammering the hell out of her, so he didn’t mix the girlfriends. Wife stayed home, girlfriends stayed home, I’ve got one at a time. Oh yeah, they [Bruce and Nora] were hand in held and they were screwing each other’s brains out. But the last thing he wanted was her [Betty] there.

MATTHEW POLLY: Were there a lot of girlfriends or just a couple?

BOB WALL: Oh no, shitloads. He fucked everything that moved. He was a real whore... He said, "I’ve got to slow down, but I can’t." He said, "When I was a kid, I couldn’t get women. Now I’m a star, I get every woman I want." He said, "I’m just kind of like a kid in a candy store."

9b2528e6c415dbd1518925cd8004f5d9.jpg

• Like 1

DragonClaws
18 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

He said, "When I was a kid, I couldn’t get women. Now I’m a star, I get every woman I want." He said, "I’m just kind of like a kid in a candy store." 

I'm not dismissing the above post entirely, but I find it hard to beleave that a big screen teen idol like BL, who was also a great, well known dancer at the time. Was unable to get women as a teenager?.

Sure his later adult movie fame brought him even more attention from the opposite sex. But I'm sure he impressed a few ladies with his dance lessons/moves as a teen too. Is it in the Unseen BL, where it states he would offer out free Ch Cha lesson's to the ladies he fancied?. Might have been Robert Lee who said there were always girls coming around to the house?.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
1 minute ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee: Kid in a Candy Store

The Little Dragon apparently never learned that too much sugar can be bad for one's body!

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

The guy who tweeted this pic originally last year, @gee_doggydog has made his account private, so if you missed it the first time, Bruce Lee and Steve McQueen.

DHS2Sj2U0AABh8a.jpg.3df3d29bda5c7bbc2b324a021f0dea6c.jpg

• Like 1

DragonClaws

Entertaining the crowd, in a Hong Kong restaurant.

43dfe2351abbeddf0da716ca5de27deb.jpg

With Maria Yi, in the Thai Royal family's house, festured in the Big Boss, that could be one of the fmaily members next to actor?.

29089167_127981784707106_163560572192607

Anohter shot from the Thailand shoot.

17662017_1845734305689900_16832197809091

Raymond Chow and his girlfriend, on the set of Fist of Fury, with the movies star.

fc78cb9272dd327df99e1d276c41ccc4.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1