Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

Phantom Dreamer

Bruce Lee and Stirling Silliphant. Until proven otherwise, I call BS about the story of Lee enjoying the company of 2 women, that were originally for both Bruce and Silliphant.

4cb18761d336749284ddebdc03e0a54e.jpg

4fcb60b96c45b1afe81dcda2974206b1.jpg

ae8a45533a1802c22f3169261e758882--kai-tak-airport-bruce-lee.jpg

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
53 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee and Lo Wei, a friendly partnership that hasn't been seen before or since!

Didn't they have a creative falling out, or the possibility of Bruce (assuming he hadn't passed away) working with Lo Wei on another project was always there?

8 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee and Stirling Silliphant. Until proven otherwise, I call BS about the story of Lee enjoying the company of 2 women, that were originally for both Bruce and Silliphant.

I am not familiar with this story at all. More context?

Phantom Dreamer

There was story that Silliphant supposedly told, I've only seen it in print, about the last time he saw Bruce in Hong Kong, "Bruce had 2 of the most beautiful "Oriental girls" with him", Silliphant had to leave for some reason, and Bruce "ended up with both chicks". The next day Bruce allegedly told Silliphant, "boy, what you missed!"

It makes a nice story, but I doubt anything like that happened in reality. It sounds like PR, marketing Bruce Lee to horny pubescent males.

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
3 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

There was story that Silliphant supposedly told, I've only seen it in print, about the last time he saw Bruce in Hong Kong, "Bruce had 2 of the most beautiful "Oriental girls" with him", Silliphant had to leave for some reason, and Bruce "ended up with both chicks". The next day Bruce allegedly told Silliphant, "boy, what you missed!"

It makes a nice story, but I doubt anything like that happened in reality. It sounds like PR, marketing Bruce Lee to horny pubescent males.

Bruce really doesn't strike as the sex-crazed type, considering his hard-working focused nature, but I also don't doubt he took quite a few ladies to bed, especially considering how his marriage to Linda is hardly as rosy as the BL Estate would like to fantasize it is.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

Here's a photo from Steve's excellent new book Bruce Lee: The Authorized Visual History. It shows the original director Wu Chia Hsiang with Bruce and his Third Uncle (To Ga-Jing). I've read that Lo Wei replaced Wu after five days' filming; it is not known if any of Wu's footage survived.

T8842Sz.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Here's a photo from Steve's excellent new book Bruce Lee: The Authorized Visual History. It shows the original director Wu Chia Hsiang with Bruce and his Third Uncle (To Ga-Jing). I've read that Lo Wei replaced Wu after five days' filming; it is not known if any of Wu's footage survived.

Is this book worth picking up, or is more of item for new fans/serious colectors?.

The sample pages I've viewed on Amazon feature a few mistakes, on some of the picture captions. I'm not saying this was the authors fault, its just not what you want to see from an official release like this.

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
2 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Is this book worth picking up, or is more of item for new fans/serious colectors?.

The sample pages I've viewed on Amazon feature a few mistakes, on some of the picture captions. I'm not saying this was the authors fault, its just not what you want to see from an official release like this.

No idea. I just discovered it was a thing today, and I am trying to dig for more info on it myself.

Just now, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

No idea. I just discovered it was a thing today, and I am trying to dig for more info on it myself.

According to one of the books picture descriptions, Bolo had a fight with Bruce Lee's character in Enter The Dragon, it never happened. There's even the picture of Kim Tai Chung fighting Hugh O Brien, credited as a BL image. They made the exact same mistake in the last Estate sanctioned BL book, with the same picture lol.

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
11 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

According to one of the books picture descriptions, Bolo had a fight with Bruce Lee's character in Enter The Dragon, it never happened. There's even the picture of Kim Tai Chung fighting Hugh O Brien, credited as a BL image. They made the exact same mistake in the last Estate sanctioned BL book, with the same picture lol.

Possibly it is referring to some deleted footage in which Bolo did actually fight Bruce in the movie. I don't think they would be deliberately lazy with their own work.

6 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Possibly it is referring to some deleted footage in which Bolo did actually fight Bruce in the movie. I don't think they would be deliberately lazy with their own work.

I wish that was the case, you can look up some of the books sample pages on Amazon.

Here's the Amazon sample, you can enlarge the image/txt, if you view it through Amazons site. Read the descriptions in the bottom left hand corner.

81ihKOkq8FL.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
2 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Way of the Dragon definitely wasn't intended for the American audience.

One inconsistency that always grinded my gears is how it's established that Tang Lung is from Hong Kong and not Mainland China, yet I'm pretty sure HK was definitely no stranger to sanitation in the early 70s.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

The transformation here is striking to say the least. If nothing else, it gives credence to those who believe Bruce Lee used anabolic steroids.

bed4771600fb136bae8c7102a3b6db96.jpg

55d3d9a79cc79f06ac1f0aec1b38230f.jpg.af35f6d6ad08517fca82b9d0d2d7b4cc.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Looking thin and soft with son Brandon and a fan.

Thats Lee's childhood friend and fellow actor Unicorn Chan, their at Shaw Brothers studios.

3 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

The transformation here is striking to say the least. If nothing else, it gives credence to those who believe Bruce Lee used anabolic steroids.

Th only difference between these two shots is the pose. Also one photo's been colourized and altered.

• Like 1