Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

Phantom Dreamer

Bruce with his sister Phoebe, mother Grace, brother Robert, father Lee Hoi Chuen, brother Peter and sister Agnes

bf552946bd61b9e170acfe6a4b6f7605--bruce-lee-brother.jpg

Edited by Phantom Dreamer
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce posing with a couple of fans from the village.

Unicorn Chan(WayOf The Dragon) & Kitty Men Chui(Karate From Shaolin Temple), on the set of Fist Of Unicorn.

• Like 1

On HKTVB with his wife and a fellow film star.

799a3123aa77339c9a37ed2a846c0b0b.jpg

Another shot of Lee backstage at th TVB studios.

57e401ad5d852245593651239c0eec3d.jpg

Demonstrating a high kick in a Hong Kong resturant?.

f9ab8a0878e79f76a97d8c76ebb58db2--kungfu

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

It's amazing how Bruce Lee's physique changed from film to film, a short amount of time, the change even within the time frame of a single film (Enter) is pretty drastic. The pic next to Weintraub he looks good, he has some mass, his eyes are bright not dull and dark. He still looks youthful. The other pic, he is very thin, and it looks like he aged a decade.

3030557024a4fd97bbab014424f900f7.jpg

952c35a9eedf91fe0716632c52f34f55.jpg

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

I honestly  think it would've been better if Bruce Lee had kept the tanned skin he sported in Big Boss for his subsequent characters, since the likes of Chen Zhen, Tang Lung and Lee Jun Keung are hardworking in their own way and are unlikely to be the indoor types, to say the least.

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

Was the outside world beyond the Shoji style panels of the Game of Death set?

game1.jpg

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

Bruce Lee looking strong and healthy versus Bruce Lee looking frail and weak so naturally the second image is on a shirt.

9e286048ceda6ed9d487afadeef31397.jpg

27100409_32ee5cdd75a39d4eb36ed9c85189037f--rare-photos-photos-of.jpg

IMG_20171227_192029.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

It's amazing how Bruce Lee's physique changed from film to film, a short amount of time, the change even within the time frame of a single film (Enter) is pretty drastic. The pic next to Weintraub he looks good, he has some mass, his eyes are bright not dull and dark. He still looks youthful. The other pic, he is very thin, and it looks like he aged a decade.

Stress, anxiety, lack of sleep and proper food also being huge factors, and personally administrated cortisone shots, which wouldn't be legel today.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

I honestly  think it would've been better if Bruce Lee had kept the tanned skin he sported in Big Boss for his subsequent characters, since the likes of Chen Zhen, Tang Lung and Lee Jun Keung are hardworking in their own way and are unlikely to be the indoor types, to say the least.

Recall one of the Enter The Dragon camera crew, saying they were concerned with how Bruce Lee looked, in terms of his skin colour. Dont quote me on that, becuase I'm not 100% sure on the source and who said it. Never really gone for the skin colour storys though, he had a healthy looking tan in three of his four Hong Kong movies. When it comes to actual photos of him on set, there so many factors than can effect the image of someone in a picture. Lightening alone, then there's the pictures that have been colourized. Even before the days of photo shop, images have been altered/enhanced for books and magazines.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
6 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Stress, anxiety, lack of sleep and proper food also being huge factors, and personally administrated cortisone shots, which wouldn't be legel today.

Pretty much. He accomplished an insane amount of work in the span of 2 years and that clearly took it's toll. The rather toxic climate of the Hong Kong film industry also did not help matters, and then there was the unwanted relationship with Betty Ting, which I think was the straw that broke the camel's back as far as Lee's health is concerned.

16 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Recall one of the Enter The Dragon camera crew, saying they were concerned with how Bruce Lee looked, in terms of his skin colour. Dont quote me on that, becuase I'm not 100% sure on the source and who said it. Never really gone for the skin colour storys though, he had a healthy looking tan in three of his four Hong Kong movies. When it comes to actual photos of him on set, there so many factors than can effect the image of someone in a picture. Lightening alone, then there's the pictures that have been colourized. Even before the days of photo shop, images have been altered/enhanced for books and magazines.

Source or not, I do feel that not only his physique in ETD fluctuated a lot, but so did his skin color. Whether this was a side effect of his increasingly dangerous diet will forever remain unknown, it seems.

To my knowledge, Lee did not have the privilege of fancy protein shakes whilst making Big Boss. It was him and only the vitamins and occasional basic solid food. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Source or not, I do feel that not only his physique in ETD fluctuated a lot, but so did his skin color. Whether this was a side effect of his increasingly dangerous diet will forever remain unknown, it seems.

Maybe the cortisone was effecting his skin colour? large doses wil have poisen like side effects.

11 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

To my knowledge, Lee did not have the privilege of fancy protein shakes whilst making Big Boss. It was him and only the vitamins and occasional basic solid food. 

He lost weight after the back injury, then when he went to Asia, he lost more weight as everyone knows. You notice it with Western actors, when they make movies in Asian/hot climates, their body weight drops. Because their simply not used to the climate. This year the IMPACT wrestling company did a month long tour of India. All the men and women dropped body weight. In the end some of the men where coming to the ring in T-Shirts. If naturally large built men struggle with weight loss, what chance, did the much smaller and leaner Bruce Lee stand?. Even at his top weight, he couldn't afford to loose that much.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
7 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Maybe the cortisone was effecting his skin colour? large doses wil have poisen like side effects.

He lost weight after the back injury, then when he went to Asia, he lost more weight as everyone knows. You notice it with Western actors, when they make movies in Asian/hot climates, their body weight drops. Because their simply not used to the climate. This year the IMPACT wrestling company did a month long tour of India. All the men and women dropped body weight. In the end some of the men where coming to the ring in T-Shirts. If naturally large built men struggle with weight loss, what chance, did the much smaller and leaner Bruce Lee stand?. Even at his top weight, he couldn't afford to loose that much.

There's also the fact that Western and Hong Kong actors alike, when they travel abroad to a foreign country, generally avoid eating the local food out of fear that any illness will inevitably stall the filming.

Bruce did pack in quite a bit of weight in the mid to late 60's, so as that his body wouldn't tire itself out too quickly. I don't know how Bruce's physique was like immediately prior to the filming of Big Boss, but I'd wager it wasn't too different from how he looked like in-film. For better or for worse, he was at his top physical conditioning form at that movie, in the sense tat he lost some pounds at the right places. 

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
9 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

The same guy?

aa008d171a1ebb6d2e23bd2b50ce088e.jpg

2017-12-28_12-11-28.jpg

Bruce began to look more "European-like" for a lack of better term starting in his mid-20's, courtesy of one of his grandparents, so it's not necessarily surprising that he had such boney facial features by the time ETD rolled on. 

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
2 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Bruce began to look more "European-like" for a lack of better term starting in his mid-20's, courtesy of one of his grandparents, so it's not necessarily surprising that he had such boney facial features by the time ETD rolled on. 

And the time Bruce Lee began to display some soft features.

a5c42e9098b08e49c1ee3142d442edb0--brandon-lee-bruce-lee.jpg

• Like 1