Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
13 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

A few more shots taken in Linda Palmers garden.

C9TBNkqWAAE_ccy.jpg

8d5c3fa961d3f228351353ad071a61c0.jpg

CTRo5n0WUAAX3ld.jpg

ETD would've been even more better than it already is had Bruce kept the mustache. 

• Like 5

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

"Hello sir, it's nice to finally meet you"

FYUo7we.jpg

5qokC7f.jpg

dF3Y77a.jpg

JM98cvW.jpg

"Your daughter calls me daddy too"

bossprostitute.jpg

Edited by Fist of the Heavenly Sky
  • Like 4

Bruce Lee using some of his home-made Martial Arts equipment.

tumblr_oqmq8ctSmx1vlgfsvo1_500.jpg

Lee prepares to trains his abs/intercostal muscles.

1077476a89981ba4b3f68e59516ca268.jpg

An alternative hand positioning for some push-ups.

055a22037aae94f52c3b91a73d7ca784--brando

Dancing days, Lee performing the Cha Cha?.

aec5572f6023769305667771eac54aa9--bruce-

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

I posted this before and I'm sure this was probably posted here before I did, but Bruce Lee is often described as being "sickly" or fragile as kid, maybe he was or maybe that angle is partly embellished for marketing purposes, but he still had a fairly athletic build for a juvenile. Maybe he is around 10 here, a few years older than Ryuji Imai is.

1e80ef22c0af7e4ae803a5151958677b.jpg

Edited by Phantom Dreamer
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

but Bruce Lee is often described as being "sickly" or fragile as kid, maybe he was or maybe that angle is partly embellished for marketing purposes, but he still had a fairly athletic build for a juvenile. Maybe he is around 10 here, a few years older than Ryuji Imai is.

He looks naturally healthy there, unlike Ryuji Imai who is lifting weights, and possibly getting a little extra help.

There's been some very genetically gifted bodybuilders, who trained from a young age. Yet they never looked the way Imai does.

Had Lee lived, he would be 77 today.

One of the biggest 'What If's', in movie history.

b3fd21b591979cefd98808e9668f52f5--bruce-

Cropped picture, taken in a Hong Kong restuarant.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 5

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
9 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

I posted this before and I'm sure this was probably posted here before I did, but Bruce Lee is often described as being "sickly" or fragile as kid, maybe he was or maybe that angle is partly embellished for marketing purposes, but he still had a fairly athletic build for a juvenile. Maybe he is around 10 here, a few years older than Ryuji Imai is.

It could be that Bruce startled dabbling in martial arts around that age, which could explain the embellishment. A lot of martial arts stars and masters tended to be "sickly" or fragile in their early youth, so it was far from uncommon.

2 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Had Lee lived, he would be 77 today.

One of the biggest 'What If's', in movie history.

Bruce Lee probably would've worked back and forth between Hollywood and Hong Kong. Sure that he achieved a lot of success with Enter The Dragon, but I doubt that the lingering issues from the Green Hornet/Kung Fu TV series debacle would've been ever solved, and Bruce would still work with Golden Harvest/Shaw Bros whenever he desired absolute creative freedom.

As for personal affairs? Most likely he would've become a private personn in that regard, and he and Linda would end up divorcing without much fanfare. 

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer
1 hour ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

It could be that Bruce startled dabbling in martial arts around that age, which could explain the embellishment. A lot of martial arts stars and masters tended to be "sickly" or fragile in their early youth, so it was far from uncommon.

Unlike many people though, Bruce Lee child pictures aren't hard to come by since he was a child actor. His youth was documented, maybe not thoroughly, but documented more so than others.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
11 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Unlike many people though, Bruce Lee child pictures aren't hard to come by since he was a child actor. His youth was documented, maybe not thoroughly, but documented more so than others.

Either way, I don't personally feel his physique in his youth was unusual, so to speak. Just another kid with lots of energy to spare.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Bruce Lee probably would've worked back and forth between Hollywood and Hong Kong. Sure that he achieved a lot of success with Enter The Dragon, but I doubt that the lingering issues from the Green Hornet/Kung Fu TV series debacle would've been ever solved, and Bruce would still work with Golden Harvest/Shaw Bros whenever he desired absolute creative freedom.

The quaity of Martial Arts movie would have been raised too, in terms of production values etc. Lee only ever worked with small budgets, Enter The Dragon was just given a U.S T.V movie budget. Bruceploitation may have never happened?, and Jackie Chan might have become a star much later?.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The quaity of Martial Arts movie would have been raised too, in terms of production values etc. Lee only ever worked with small budgets, Enter The Dragon was just given a U.S T.V movie budget. Bruceploitation may have never happened?, and Jackie Chan might have become a star much later?.

There were signs that Bruce planned on branching beyond the martial arts genre. Enter The Dragon was, on it's core, a spy thriller. Bigger budgets would depend upon Bruce's creative vision, and Warner Bros had already planned on providing a bigger budget for the would-be sequel, Shrine of Ultimate Bliss.

Bruceploitation would've still happened, especially if Bruce decided not to focus too much in martial arts in his subsequent projects. However, I don't think it would've reached the comical levels of self-unaware, and the likes of Ho Chung-Tao (Bruce Li) would've had actual shots at proper careers.

Jackie Chan would've still become a star by the late 70's, but no doubt the path to it would've been drastically different.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

For a change of pace.........here's some Bruce Lee fan artwork. More to come! Last picture in particular is a big "what if" had a *proper* sequel to Big Boss had been made.

8YJM7aM.jpg

lynkeYU.jpg

uaqmVlQ.jpg

CznqEQF.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Jackie Chan would've still become a star by the late 70's, but no doubt the path to it would've been drastically different.

Yeah I think, the 70s would have been Bruce Lee's decade, and Chan and his unique approach to action, would eventually come to light in the 80's. That's just of a guess of course, who knows how things would have panned out.

8 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Bruceploitation would've still happened, especially if Bruce decided not to focus too much in martial arts in his subsequent projects.

Had he lived, I'm sure he would have done more serious acting, as his physcial abilites got less with age.

8 minutes ago, Fist of the Heavenly Sky said:

Bruceploitation would've still happened, especially if Bruce decided not to focus too much in martial arts in his subsequent projects. However, I don't think it would've reached the comical levels of self-unaware, and the likes of Ho Chung-Tao (Bruce Li) would've had actual shots at proper careers.

It came about because of the lack of new Bruce Lee movies, and movie producers wanted to cash in on the Kung Fu boom and Lee mania in the mid-70's. It would perhaps have taken a different path?, there would ahve been no need for all the bio-movies, Fist Of Fury sequels and Game Of Death knock-offs.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Had he lived, I'm sure he would have done more serious acting, as his physcial abilites got less with age.

Joe Lewis said Bruce Lee wanted to do comedy. Take that with a grain of salt though because I don't know how close they were after their falling out.

• Like 2

On 11/25/2017 at 2:30 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee and the late Mona Fong. Looking at his hairstyle, this must of been around the time he did the Shaw photoshoot.

BMFj-dVCMAA5xih.jpg

Since learning about her passing, I keep looking back at this picture of Mona Fong and Bruce Lee together and can't help but marvel at her beautiful smile. She was quite a lady...

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

Bruce Lee Magazine issue from June of 2000.

'The Game of Death: The "Real" Version is Finally Here!'

I first read about a Game of Death remake in 1998.

Of course, this would eventually become Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey.

JFJKD 2000-06 Cov.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee Magazine issue from June of 2000.

'The Game of Death: The "Real" Version is Finally Here!'

I first read about a Game of Death remake in 1998.

Of course, this would eventually become Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey.

First heard about the new G.O.D project in the old IMPACT Magazine, around the same time. I got especially excited when I heard John Little was shooting scenes with actors, with the use of 35mm cameras. Then, only a few brief clips of footage featuring the actors they hired was used. It was great to see the footage, but the documentary should have focus purely on his un-finnished movie. There had been dozens of Bio's made before, and theres been plenty more since then. Maybe they just ddnt have enough G.O.D content to fill the entire documentary.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
23 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Yeah I think, the 70s would have been Bruce Lee's decade, and Chan and his unique approach to action, would eventually come to light in the 80's. That's just of a guess of course, who knows how things would have panned out.

It came about because of the lack of new Bruce Lee movies, and movie producers wanted to cash in on the Kung Fu boom and Lee mania in the mid-70's. It would perhaps have taken a different path?, there would ahve been no need for all the bio-movies, Fist Of Fury sequels and Game Of Death knock-offs.

Bruce Lee would've been the one to mentor Jackie Chan and launched his career through Concord Productions.

All of Bruce's flicks would've featured at least some degree of fighting, I feel.

Chansploitation still happened, in spite of Chan himself being still very much active in movie making; it came to be because he was no longer focusing strictly on martial arts cinema. No doubt the same would've happened with Bruce, as he started to experiment with other genres.

Some movies could've had some semi-biographical aspects to them, much like Big Boss and Way of the Dragon. No doubt Lee would come back to the characters he starred on his first five movies often. 

• Like 1

Not Bruce Lee but a few Ho Chung Tao photos, the first one was taken this year by a fellow fan who got to meet up with him for a meal.

19ba3724ab18972b17c839a7edcd7b899f510a1d.jpg

34b37f34970a304e65a4fdeed9c8a786c8175c48.jpg

8898a90a304e251fd471b9ecaf86c9177e3e5348.jpg

e7719dcc7cd98d105b5336612a3fb80e7aec9003.jpg

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 5