Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

13 hours ago, lonesome space said:

While I'm at it, who's the other fine lady?

Shaw Brothers actress Connie Chan.

3983325991_ba6fa643d6_b.jpg

On 02/10/2017 at 10:43 PM, lonesome space said:

Going with a wild guess: Bruce and his fellow students training in Ip Man's school.

I think its a scene from the un-released Bruce Lee movie The Orphan?, which he made during his teenage years.

His image in that picture, matches other photos I've seen of him in that movie.

The Little Dragon, during one of his many visists to Shaw Brothers.

d87e79776aa366cbc4ce5f91f1197539--brando

Another picture taken the same day as the one above, Lee with actress Connie Chan.

00800e2ad9834e23632d6ef3fbf47444--bruce-

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 3

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
53 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Shaw Brothers actress Connie Chan.

3983325991_ba6fa643d6_b.jpg

Bruce Lee always had an unfathomable talent for gravitating around the finest of ladies. Again, I don't think of him as being the horndog type, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have occasional flings with as least a few of them!

Without further ado, here's some more Big Boss-era gratuitous display of chiseled torsos.

GJbB2HD.jpg

nbbybQR.jpg

2yU9xZq.jpg

6M5vWQN.jpg

2IpSHPl.jpg

uHyjFZJ.jpg

1qdq5M2.jpg

HHbzyCW.jpg

dg3zu15.jpg

nt6omSU.jpg

• Like 3

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
9 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

DLXCzTfU8AAPvPE.jpg

Is that Peter Chan in the left by any chance? I remember he was in other behind the scenes BB pics, in which Bruce was also brawling with him (albeit without the torn apart white shirt).

6 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Big Boss. The place where I come from is a small town. They think so small. They use small words. But not me.

IMG_-dzl4hn.jpg

Peter Gabriel will never NOT be great, but I think these two songs are better suited as themes to Big Boss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lonesome space said:

Is that Peter Chan in the left by any chance? I remember he was in other behind the scenes BB pics, in which Bruce was also brawling with him (albeit without the torn apart white shirt).

It could be, that picture and some of the others posted about, were taken in Hong Kong, during pick-up shots for the movie.

Here's another one, from the same day with Peter Chan(Bottom left). As you can see there's another guy/stuntman maybe? behind the ladder. It could have been either two of those men.

eaf889452c296bd7c2ffb5172cb5f27d--bruce-

23 hours ago, lonesome space said:

Without further ado, here's some more Big Boss-era gratuitous display of chiseled torsos.

The last three pcitures in this post of yours, were also taken at the same time as the above image.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
19 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Here's another one, from the same day with Peter Chan(Bottom left). As you can see there's another guy/stuntman maybe? behind the ladder. It could have been either two of those men.

eaf889452c296bd7c2ffb5172cb5f27d--bruce-

The last three pcitures in this post of yours, were also taken at the same time as the above image.

I had momentarily forgotten about that picture. That is indeed Peter Chan on the left. I wonder how much of the final fight was reshot in Hong Kong, or if they always intended on completing the sequence in there as opposed to Thailand.

And correct, the last 3 pics were indeed from the same grassland area of HK.

4 minutes ago, lonesome space said:

I had momentarily forgotten about that picture. That is indeed Peter Chan on the left. I wonder how much of the final fight was reshot in Hong Kong, or if they always intended on completing the sequence in there as opposed to Thailand.

And correct, the last 3 pics were indeed from the same grassland area of HK.

They were just filming some of the close up shots and Lee doing the leaps into the air etc. In the old VHS print I had, the video quality always changed, for the shots involving the flying kicks in the finale. They also filmed some of the footage where the dogs attack Cheng in Hong Kong. There's stills of them at the same location, literally throwing the dogs at him. This was years before animal rights got more involved with the treatment of animals in movies, even in the West.

Phantom Dreamer
28 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

They also filmed some of the footage where the dogs attack Cheng in Hong Kong. There's stills of them at the same location, literally throwing the dogs at him. This was years before animal rights got more involved with the treatment of animals in movies, even in the West.

Animals were harmed during the making of that movie. Humans can be so cruel. 🐕

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

They were just filming some of the close up shots and Lee doing the leaps into the air etc. In the old VHS print I had, the video quality always changed, for the shots involving the flying kicks in the finale. They also filmed some of the footage where the dogs attack Cheng in Hong Kong. There's stills of them at the same location, literally throwing the dogs at him. This was years before animal rights got more involved with the treatment of animals in movies, even in the West.

I asume that they used different groups of German sheperd dogs for the HK and Thailand, because using the same group would mean they actually had to travel back and forth with them. Not to mention said breed is hardly friendly towards the humid climates of those places.

1 hour ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Animals were harmed during the making of that movie. Humans can be so cruel. 🐕

Even Bruce is guilty of unspeakable acts of violence against the animal kingdom.

7067e1a39720831fada76110f8554ee6.jpg

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
On 10/4/2017 at 12:32 PM, lonesome space said:

Bruce Lee always had an unfathomable talent for gravitating around the finest of ladies. Again, I don't think of him as being the horndog type, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have occasional flings with as least a few of them!

Let's call it "negotiating".

da39981f62034c1e0e91d01c630a8468.jpg

Edited by Phantom Dreamer
  • Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
5 minutes ago, lonesome space said:

Even Bruce is guilty of unspeakable acts of violence against the animal kingdom.

Well, that tiger rug he had was one of his favorites. I remember Diana Lee Inosanto tweeted "Uncle Bruce was kind to children and animals" so I just tweeted a pic of Bruce and that rug.

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
10 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Let's call it "negotiating".

da39981f62034c1e0e91d01c630a8468.jpg

It's no secret that he always excelled at that.

qfroxBa.jpg

gtboss2forum.jpg

BtvLKp2.jpg

Lee3_prostitute.jpg

5 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Well, that tiger rug he had was one of his favorites. I remember Diana Lee Inosanto tweeted "Uncle Bruce was kind to children and animals" so I just tweeted a pic of Bruce and that rug.

Better to have the tiger turned into a rug than let him follow nature's course and being reduced to compost. I could be wrong but I reckon that Bruce owned one or more dpgs in his California home in the 60s?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lonesome space said:

Meanwhile, in amother tear of the fabric of time.....

P0YYipY.jpg

WTF??!! :bs_confused: Please tell me this is just someone having fun with Photoshop and never was real....

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
10 minutes ago, Shaolivevil said:

WTF??!! :bs_confused: Please tell me this is just someone having fun with Photoshop and never was real....

Fortunately for you, it's just a harmless photoshop. There wouldn't be no need for 'Maniac' to be an actual thing because Big Boss already made it clear Cheng is not exactly the most stable person in his community, to say the least.

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

Bruce Lee probably looked his best physically during this 1972? photoshoot. Perfect compliment of definition and mass.

e72505f7b6363e6c2a36f180f842c89a--warrior-costume-fitness-magazine.jpg

1587faa3f07b579c5f281916583deb70--bruce-lee-martial-arts.jpg

• Like 3

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
6 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee probably looked his best physically during this 1972? photoshoot. Perfect compliment of definition and mass.

e72505f7b6363e6c2a36f180f842c89a--warrior-costume-fitness-magazine.jpg

1587faa3f07b579c5f281916583deb70--bruce-lee-martial-arts.jpg

At the risk of coming off as fanboyish, I don't think Bruce Lee's subsequent portrayals come even close to his status as a primal human weapon in Big Boss.

With that said, he is absolutely phenomenal on those Silent Flute rehearsal shots. Apparently that movie project was going to be packed with just as much violence and sexual content as Big Boss? I recall someone posting the script on this very forum, but I did not get around reading it yet.

• Like 2

Phantom Dreamer

I am surprised Muscle and Fitness used a photo from something other than Enter the Dragon though. The pose here, makes him appear even smaller than he was.

c0f70cb07281c96236c1d4f095535966--bruce-lee-pictures-enter-the-dragon.jpg

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
14 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

I am surprised Muscle and Fitness used a photo from something other than Enter the Dragon though. The pose here, makes him appear even smaller than he was.

I don't think Bruce Lee's ETD-era looks are downright terrible, but they definitely do not warrant the pop culture overkill appearances that they get. Personal taste aside, the side effects of Lee's diet (or whatever was affecting his health) were starting to become very much visible.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
47 minutes ago, lonesome space said:

I don't think Bruce Lee's ETD-era looks are downright terrible, but they definitely do not warrant the pop culture overkill appearances that they get. Personal taste aside, the side effects of Lee's diet (or whatever was affecting his health) were starting to become very much visible.

A lot of stuff I read about Lee during that time are contradictory, some say he was dropping weight intentionally, others say he was concerned and puzzled why he was losing weight.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
8 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

A lot of stuff I read about Lee during that time are contradictory, some say he was dropping weight intentionally, others say he was concerned and puzzled why he was losing weight.

Personally for me, the final two years of Bruce Lee's life in the immediate wake of his success with BB are deliberately clouded in mystery. The estate is so persistent at crafting this oh-so-perfect image of Lee's life is very artificial and very insincere. It's why I have no problems when it comes to believing that Lee did indeed dab in drugs and was more than flirtatious with women.

Anyway, here's a gallery of the starcrossed lovers of Pak Chong.

74EVvFx.jpg

aYoLJZ4.jpg

6ME4yGc.jpg

byyPbwZ.png?1

0RcgYjU.jpg

tGC1TtB.jpg

Ehcwtdc.jpg

BveIGLe.jpg

odZ9roq.jpg

3JhvJt7.jpg

2uCsDKU.jpg

cuhP2fT.jpg

• Like 3

Phantom Dreamer

In real life, a 30-year-old male would probably be looked down upon by society if he were in the company of an 18-year-old female. But those are the movies, and Lee, at that time, passed as a guy in his early 20s.

• Like 1