Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

21 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

This isn't the Way of the Dragon premiere, a movie isn't premiered the same time it's being filmed, this is Bruce Lee being a gracious host.

I never suggested they premiered the film while it was being made, that's impossible to do.

It could be another picture from the WOTD press conference?.

9 hours ago, lonesome space said:

Knackered and not-so-knackered posters below.

Didnt Ricky Baker post those on his Twitter account?, not sure if he created them or not?.

It's interesting that Han Ying-Chieh donned a quasi-longcoat for some of these pics. I guess they tried filming an earlier version the final battle sequence when they were still in Thailand

He may just have the jacket on for rehearsal.

It's easier to take a picture out of context, unless you were there on set.

Nora Miao seems kinda sad here. Also, filming for yet another never-disclosed Big Boss scene? 

Could just be a behind the scenes shot that happens to catch her looking a bit glum.

7 hours ago, lonesome space said:

Enjoying a cold one.

It's said that Lee carried his health drinks with him on set, he must have burnt off a lot of calories just from filming alone. Before you start with workouts and running, and late nights out on T.V etc.

Edited by DragonClaws

Phantom Dreamer
2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I never suggested they premiered the film while it was being made, that's impossible to do.

You posted a pic of Bruce Lee, Bob Wall and Chuck Norris with the caption "Way of the Dragon premiere?."

Prior to that, you posted a pic of "Cuck" Norris, Bruce Lee and Nora Miao, again you used the word "premiere" in the caption.

IMG_-e4h0cv.jpg

IMG_-4hgi5s.jpg

Edited by Phantom Dreamer
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

You posted a pic of Bruce Lee, Bob Wall and Chuck Norris with the caption "Way of the Dragon premiere?."

Prior to that, you posted a pic of "Cuck" Norris, Bruce Lee and Nora Miao, again you used the word "premiere" in the caption.

None of what I said, suggested that the movie was premiered while it was being made LOL. There's no statement by me in this thread, where I say such a thing.

You said a movie can't be premiered while its being made TRUE, but I never said that to start with.

I was asking if those pictures where taken at the premiere, I'm no BL expert, just a fan. I'm grounded enough to know you cant premiere a movie if its not completed LOL.

Moving on.

b8324ebc9ee6abd6d92028197173ff5e--bruce-

Bruce Lee signs the guestbook, at the Fist Of Unicorn Press Conference.

He clearly didn't know about the hidden camera trick at this point.

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Didnt Ricky Baker post those on his Twitter account?, not sure if he created them or not?.

He may just have the jacket on for rehearsal.

Could just be a behind the scenes shot that happens to catch her looking a bit glum.

I had no idea Ricky Baker posted it. I got those posters from another BL fan group.

I recall another promo shot of Han Ying-Chieh making a jump with a rather goofy face on with the same jacket. What he lacked in villany he more than made up with cheesiness!

I suppose she was glum because she wouldn't get to kiss Bruce in that movie. Honestly, her character is straight up useless. We could've seen her interacting as a close family friend and we dont even get that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lonesome space said:

I recall another promo shot of Han Ying-Chieh making a jump with a rather goofy face on with the same jacket. What he lacked in villany he more than made up with cheesiness!

Han Ying Chieh I think looked the part, though he comes across very cheesy in the English dub. You could see the guy was tough, and still very agile despite being a lot older than Bruce Lee at the time.

6 minutes ago, lonesome space said:

I had no idea Ricky Baker posted it. I got those posters from another BL fan group.

He might have gotten it from the same place.

6 minutes ago, lonesome space said:

I suppose she was glum because she wouldn't get to kiss Bruce in that movie. Honestly, her character is straight up useless. We could've seen her interacting as a close family friend and we dont even get that.

It's just a cameo role, and maybe she did have more scenes, that they later scrapped during editing.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
8 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Han Ying Chieh I think looked the part, though he comes across very cheesy in the English dub. You could see the guy was tough, and still very agile despite being a lot older than Bruce Lee at the time.

He definitely gave Cheng Chao-An quite a run for his money, so much that it seemed he wouldn't make it out alive (Which is perhaps the point. One of the reasons Cheng went to the brothel was because he wanted to perish with the villains afterwards). Unlike most of his later movies, he didn’t seem immortal and that ramped up the tension. By the end, he is so tired he passes out on top of the Boss' slain body.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

Enter the Dragon memories. I don't know how old Betty Chung is or whether she is older than Nora Miao or not but I wonder if she aged as well.

653d7718963af50c04feb7a273024317--bruce-lee-enter-the-dragon.jpg

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
3 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Enter the Dragon memories. I don't know how old Betty Chung is or whether she is older than Nora Miao or not but I wonder if she aged as well.

Betty Chung (Born 1947) is about six years older than Nora. Chung was a successful singer in HK before she got recruited to play a leading role in ETD.

5 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bump.

???

21280ebd619a0e70a9a65bd4c728fd04--brandon-lee-bruce-lee.jpg.e2af0a2c69e4286713b7d07383c3f2e9.jpg

Going with a wild guess: Bruce and his fellow students training in Ip Man's school.

• Like 3

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

Bruce Lee's performance is very natural in Big Boss, so much that he was projecting a significant portion of his personality with Cheng Chao-An, and that the movie was a bit biographical in the sense that both individuals had to leave their homelands due to their troubled pasts. No doubt that in another lifetime, Bruce would've remained a legend, although as a hero for the Chinese diaspora in Thailand. And perhaps keep his status as a heartthrob among women :wink.

fUNtJeQ.jpg

uFsNryy.jpg

YbroDxx.jpg

ReEFETN.jpg

70HWhgI.jpg

cqPzRm6.jpg

5FPEsmE.jpg

OxnHc5l.jpg

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
6 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee and Lo Wei. I guess Raymond Chow's wandering eye drove a wedge between the two former colleagues.

I wonder what was the straw that broke the camel's back between those two. One can only hope the breakup wasn't as acrimonious as the one Lo Wei had with Jackie Chan several years later.

6 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Unicorn Chan and Bruce Lee take time away from their busy day to pose for pics with a couple of young fans.

I remember that pic being used as a base for that horrifyingly bad photoshop of Bruce standing besides Michael Jackson, long after the latter lost his skin pigmentation. In fact, Mike was still a teenager when the Little Dragon passed away. 

Phantom Dreamer
18 minutes ago, lonesome space said:

I remember that pic being used as a base for that horrifyingly bad photoshop of Bruce standing besides Michael Jackson, long after the latter lost his skin pigmentation. In fact, Mike was still a teenager when the Little Dragon passed away. 

Was there another one?

b7ef5d9e511ee44c672bcbaaf77fa41f--brandon-lee-bruce-lee.jpg

e4e0e8009df54d72485f866e7f60d517.jpg

Edited by Phantom Dreamer
  • Like 3

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
5 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Was there another one?

*Shudders* now that's the thing of nightmares! Also it would seem I was rather close, but not quite.

While I'm at it, who's the other fine lady?

Phantom Dreamer
4 minutes ago, lonesome space said:

*Shudders* now that's the thing of nightmares! Also it would seem I was rather close, but not quite.

While I'm at it, who's the other fine lady?

I don't know, it looks like it was taken during the typhoon relief telethon appearance in 1972. He is wearing the same tank top at least.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

It is said that Bruce Lee's diet when he was in Thailand consisted strictly of vitamins and supplements. Whichever is the case, it sure helped him tremendously because he's easily at the peak of his physical prowess in here. While I don't picture him as the horndog type, I'd be surprised if he didn't have at least one fling with the local Thai women. Or more accurately, partaking on the fringe benefits.

snhGNu2.jpg

Qck8bts.jpg

lyldbMA.jpg

R1Alv13.jpg

rWg2m9f.jpg

y3wkNGH.jpg

Wx7z99H.jpg

lWRBqUl.jpg

pw7NGDF.jpg

OkLjmsr.jpg

8kl4e7S.jpg

OenOfXW.jpg

jteFqaK.jpg

LbEoaRu.jpg

fQLzwZl.jpg

YibWeZJ.jpg

• Like 3

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
8 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee and his calloused knuckles.

9c489b60b88398c3822bd354effa0c72.jpg

I wonder if Bruce had a similar training for his feet? Martial artists' who train barefoot generally sport hardened feet in a matter of a few years. I'm not sure how often Bruce practiced and trained barefoot so it's something worth asking about.