Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

I see that Nora Miao has taken over this thread. Not that I object to it in any way. The more chicks the merrier, but save some space to Maria Yi as well!

Tqkxft3.jpg

RfCKgTz.jpg

XVpDUkN.jpg

cxHq4rq.jpg

• Like 4

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

An extension of the family gathering scene? Bruce has taken off his brown wushu top, so it sure seems like it.

hMxaPBz.jpg

I can only guess this pic is a publicity shot, or an actual scene that wasn't available even in the very first Mandarin screening.

GsxKZdH.jpg

Big Brother Cheng is in Big Trouble now!

cHSyW5Y.jpg

Bruce Lee oozes of sheer charisma in here. Makes one wonder why Golden Harvest didn't make him the protagonist from the get go.

IFT2IGw.jpg

It was said time and again that Bruce and Lo Wei were acrimonious towards one another......yet most if not all behind the scenes shots seem to show them in more than cordial terms.

2pPj3S8.jpg

TuOUZZf.jpg

Not sure as to where and when exactly the following two pics were taken. Personally, I'd guess that Bruce was already back in Hong Kong by September '71, and all that was left to film was the "burning cart" sequence, hence the return of the brown wushu clothing.

ft8KKGP.jpg

1OWOBdP.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, lonesome space said:

I can only guess this pic is a publicity shot, or an actual scene that wasn't available even in the very first Mandarin screening.

I'd say its a publicity shot, unless the gang at the back are after a re-match?, following James Tien beating them up.

There would have been scenes they filmed, but didn't include even in the longer print. If Lee had lived and gone to make bigger and better movies, I doubt people would be as fixated with the missing Big Boss scenes. The film might just be a curiosity, due to it being Lee's first full blown action movie.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DAd8jLEW0AE0sJH.jpg

The Little Dragon with Chuck Norris, Bob Wall on the set of Hapkido(1972) with the movies director Huang Feng.

b4249aad6eac48ac2ec927d4a02bfbda.jpg

Way Of The Dragon premiere?.

• Like 3

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

I'd say its a publicity shot, unless the gang at the back are after a re-match?, following James Tien beating them up.

There would have been senes they filmed, but didn't include even in the longer print. If Lee had lived and gone to make bigger and better movies, I doubt people would be as fixated with the missing Big Boss scenes. The film might just be a curiosity, due to it being Lee's first full blown action movie.

Bruce Lee would've been in full control of his estate and would've pushed for a re-release of the movie in the mid 70s with the "missing" scenes restored.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

This isn't the Way of the Dragon premiere, a movie isn't premiered the same time it's being filmed, this is Bruce Lee being a gracious host.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Way Of The Dragon premiere?.

Way of the Dragon premiered in December of 1972, that mysterious period between the Game of Death and Enter the Dragon.

OjH1Gd3.thumb.jpg.b28a4e1b83373e1b8689062fa8e40dcd.jpg

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
1 hour ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

This isn't the Way of the Dragon premiere, a movie isn't premiered the same time it's being filmed, this is Bruce Lee being a gracious host.

It could've been a private event for a rough cut broadcast of WOD. Or maybe one of the many events hosted in Hong Kong TV. 

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
17 minutes ago, lonesome space said:

It could've been a private event for a rough cut broadcast of WOD. Or maybe one of the many events hosted in Hong Kong TV. 

Tongue in cheek.

• Like 1

Phantom Dreamer

21 hours ago, lonesome space said:

It was said time and again that Bruce and Lo Wei were acrimonious towards one another......yet most if not all behind the scenes shots seem to show them in more than cordial terms.

2pPj3S8.jpg

TuOUZZf.jpg

I noticed this too but it's also worth pointing out, there are far more shots of Lo Wei and Bruce Lee getting along on the Big Boss set and far fewer on the Fist of Fury set.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
11 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

I noticed this too but it's also worth pointing out, there are far more shots of Lo Wei and Bruce Lee getting along on the Big Boss set and far fewer on the Fist of Fury set.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen many pics of Bruce and Lo Wei together at all in the FOF set. I'm not too knowledgeable about the FOF production but appears that Wei was practically AWOL besides filming the ridiculous action scenes (I'll never get over the carriage scene). Also, I'm still waiting on your response on the other thread, in case you'd still like to share something else.

• Like 1

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

In an alternate timeline, we could've gotten this movie instead. Either way, it fits in nicely considering that Cheng Chao-An does go borderline psycho at the tail end of Big Boss. 

Knackered and not-so-knackered posters below.

EgrTe1l.jpg

3l3zXsI.jpg

• Like 2

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

Among other reasons, it's still hard for me to take Han Ying-Chieh seriously as a villain in Big Boss, considering how buddy buddy he and Bruce were in behind-the-scenes for that movie and FOF.

iV1Mju5.jpg

Cheng Chao-An soars into the heavens and delivers a much deserved kick of justice into Hsiao Mi's skull. 

CG9VUUc.jpg

I never took Bruce as a connoisseur for katanas.

ZSD9rca.jpg

Nora Miao seems kinda sad here. Also, filming for yet another never-disclosed Big Boss scene? 

vDxWStR.jpg

In the in-movie universe it's all hardship and misery, but behind-the-scenes it's always goofballing and chilling!

YU40DuF.jpg

Bruce looked dandy nice with that goatee. A pity he never appeared in-film with that appearance!

L36OXFc.jpg

Apparently there was a love scene written for Bruce and Betty Chung's character in the earlier EOD scripts. While I don't think his character would've made for a good lover, it's interesting such scenario was considered nontheless.

OAdmLGq.jpg

Chen Zhen in a (very brief) moment of sanity and respite from all the action.

Ccl6nfE.png

It's interesting that Han Ying-Chieh donned a quasi-longcoat for some of these pics. I guess they tried filming an earlier version the final battle sequence when they were still in Thailand. 

pdEZ5Df.jpg

• Like 4

Phantom Dreamer

Lo Wei on the Fist of Fury set directing. Again, far fewer pics of Lo Wei and Bruce Lee interacting here than the Big Boss setting despite in addition to directing, Lo Wei had an on-screen role as well.

2b1a7377baf53982e4aa62b05f868809.jpg

5204e25bd15acdcbf914e244c98e32bf--bruce-lee-miao.jpg

• Like 3

Fist of the Heavenly Sky

Bruce Lee blowing a kiss to a crew woman in one of the many social behind-the-scenes gatherings.

vrasjHC.jpg

Always a nicely dressed lad, even in his younger years.

ygIVdQu.jpg

Cheng hulking it out and cracking bones with his fists of fury.

EjZfDOE.jpg

Always a charmer.

yzU32hc.jpg

Not everything is fun and games.

dPahyKq.jpg

Summer evening with the family.

7xjw6YU.jpg

Enjoying a cold one.

gjcpUb9.jpg

• Like 2