Bruce Lee photos - 1940 - 1973

I Am Caine

Fist of the Heavenly Sky
On 3/30/2017 at 7:35 PM, sifu iron perm said:

oh man, bruce looks old/unwell here. during ETD or after.

In my opinion, his physical prowess peak happened during the filming of Big Boss. After that, it kind of went downhill from there? I don't wanna speculate, but I always found odd how in his next films Bruce lacked the gracious youth that he possessed during BB and shortly after that.

Phantom Dreamer

It is strange though, for a guy whose career was less than 2 years, from the first day of filming The Big Boss to the last day of Enter, and everything in between, Bruce Lee's appearance changed more than anyone else I could think of in a relatively short period of time. His weight fluctuated from film to film. Even this pic with Unicorn and Brandon, I think his facial features look "soft" to me. I don't know why that is.

vqi6mb.jpg

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 02/04/2017 at 0:02 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Even this pic with Unicorn and Brandon, I think his facial features look "soft" to me. I don't know why that is.

I think its just the quality of the picture, and don't forget Lee like all actors wore make up for roles in his movies/TV appearances. You can change somebody appearance a lot by applying make up. He had very scarred skin, not sure if he suffered from acne as a teenager?. You can see this on some pictures of him. A lot of pictures you cant see his bad skin, as theyve often been photoshopped/altetered. Especially picture featured in recent magazines and books. Or its covered by the make up that he's wearing in the films. That said, his body weight was also changing a lot.

On 02/04/2017 at 10:47 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

I don't know what this is about. Perhaps talking about Mr. Debs.

Dont quote me as I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think its Lee visiting some of his old Wing Chun friends fro his teenage years?. There are other shots from the same day, I just dont have them to post.

On 01/04/2017 at 7:32 PM, lonesome space said:

In my opinion, his physical prowess peak happened during the filming of Big Boss. After that, it kind of went downhill from there? I don't wanna speculate, but I always found odd how in his next films Bruce lacked the gracious youth that he possessed during BB and shortly after that.

Just my opiion, but I think he was at his peak physically before he hurt his back. He started to loose weight after the back injury. This was before he went to Hong Kong, but during his second career in film his body started to change a lot more rapidly. With a serous injury back injury, he must have laid of any weight training for some time. It must have also effected how hard he trained after the accident, in terms of weight used etc.

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Phantom Dreamer
4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

I think its just the quality of the picture, and don't forget Lee like all actors wore make up for roles in his movies/TV appearances. You can change somebody appearance a lot by applying make up. He had very scarred skin, not sure if he suffered from acne as a teenager?. You can see this on some pictures of him. A lot of pictures you cant see his bad skin, as theyve often been photoshopped/altertered. Especially picture featured in recent magazines and books. Or its covered by the make up that he's wearing in the films. That said, his body weight was also changing a lot

When I said "soft", I'm talking about his bone structure, jawline, etc.

Phantom Dreamer

Nick Clarke's Bruce Lee Lives! forum. I noticed someone was complaining there that images were being posted elsewhere. Whatevs. 

DragonClaws
13 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Nick Clarke's Bruce Lee Lives! forum. I noticed someone was complaining there that images were being posted elsewhere. Whatevs. 

It's a public forum after all, peope take images from here and copy them onto blogs etc, complete with the txt somebody wrote with the picture. Most people would remove the watermark and not even give credit to whoever posted it.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Is this on a ferry?

bd0d3f6a778fd05f7ac6d199a4f271c0.jpg

At HK airport on his way to Rome to shoot WOTD.

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Brandon Lee & his grandma Grace. Looks like early eighties.

c46fc46c2deb98d4296a17bdcd5a2d63.jpg

wow never seen this pic before. nice.

brandon reminds me of jason stillwell ..lol

DragonClaws
16 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

They're starving back in China so finish what you got.

Looks like Bruce's brother Peter Lee and his wife, on the left hand side of the picture.

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:15 PM, DragonClaws said:

Looks like Bruce's brother Peter Lee and his wife, on the left hand side of the picture.

Linda's mum next to Bob.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
25 minutes ago, shukocarl said:

Linda's mum next to Bob.

I thought she may have been Robert Baker herbal connection? lol.

Phantom Dreamer
50 minutes ago, shukocarl said:

Linda's mum next to Bob.

She really doesn't look like Olivia Walton.