dragon videos

shaolin swords

shaolin swords

i remember back in the days i used to buy vhs tapes from them in the 90s.does any body on here know what happend to them.i remember 1 kung fu movie was like $40 but the funny thing is i still got tapes from them from like 94-96 and they still work.did any body els order from them.i orderd from them from in the mid 90s intill i found a place in new york where you can get 3 flicks for 25 dollars.just was wondering what happend to them.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shaolin sword,

i don't remember dragon video. far east flick & ocean shore videos was the suppliers back in the day. then going to new york (2 motto st upstairs) and the arch street parmacy in philly became the hook ups. i know rick hopkins, robert samuel & bob ? also. then came jeff & the internet.

shaolin swords

june they had i big lay out in kung fu magazines they where based out in new york too.but the only thing is the movies where $40 the price was real high but back then was the only place where i knew to buy kung fu flicks from so i bought from them.any body els remember them.

yes they had commercials in black belt magazine.I wanted to order from them but did not have vcr which plays ntsc tapes.And converting tapes to pal would have costed additional 40$.I remember drooling those titles wishing to see them one day:nerd:

shaolin swords

yes thats right it was in the black belt magazine.i remember always wanted to buy kung fu movies and when i saw the add in the black belt magazine with all them movies i flipped out those where the good old day.

now i remember, it took the ads in blackbelt & inside kung fu magazine to rememebr.

wow showing my age. 47 and still loving kung fu films. now they are 3 for $10 at the flea market in nj.

shaolin swords

june i live out in new jersey can you tell me what flea market in new jersey sells kung fu movie 3 for $10 any good flicks over there i need to check that out

shaolin swords

mpm74 you are the man bro for real you just brought me back with so much good memories it not funny.this is where it all started for me seeing those movies you saw as a young kid then finding them.dragon videos was the place where i bought my first venom flicks and gordon liu aka master killer movies.holy shit where did you find that add from the same add in the kung fu magazine that i used to buy from brings back the good old days for me.hew ever owned this company had some real good movie to buy i still watch the vhs that i bought from them till this day.

MPM74 THANKS FOR POSTING THE ADDS ON THE FORUM THANKS YOU MADE MY DAY WITH THAT

No problem. If you can, check out my article (link posted above images). I talk a little about my experience in ordering from Dragon Video!

video_unique_lg.jpg

video_jarsvideo_lg.jpg

shaolin swords

good read.......i used to have a catalog from jars videos too but never orderd from them i think they are still in bizness i was looking for a couple of vhs kung fu movie on the computer and there website came up.but i recently looked for jars videos and could not find any thing i dont know if there still in bizness.and also i remember getting a inside kung fu magazine back in the day when iron monkey first came out remember tai seng where selling it from any where from 65-80 dollars crazy prices for one movie.

that whole thing you wrote about kung fu movie companys from the 80s and 90s.reminds me of how hard it was to buy these movies.now its easy for these kids the internet a click away from about any movie you want.but all honestly i miss those days going on a hunt for one movie you saw as a kid and been waiting for years to get and you finaly get the movie.i injoyed reading that artical you wrote good read.

sifu iron perm

oh sweet jesus christ man..

listen, in the early 90's..i picked up a copy of inside kung fu bruce lee edition..and in this..i was lost in the very page you provided..kung movies glalore..i was around 10 or 11

at that time.

Sadly, i lost that magazine also the Combat with bruce/jackie chan on the front cover..

my cherrished zines in my childhood..

so thank you for this..means alot.

Archived