Well Go's WEB OF DEATH artwork

mpm74

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized the DVD version is missing some fire, the word "the" in the title, and "The Shaw Brothers" up at top. Someone f'ed up. lol

Decent r1 covers are not that usual but that is very nice indeed:bigsmile:.

Even sweeter that ivl release,I am thinking about updating it:wink:

Those are actually pretty cool

What I don't understand is, why is WOD getting a simultaneous release on blu ray and Jade Tiger (which is released next week) is not getting blu ray treatment at all? :neutral:

I have to disagree with everyone I think they're horrible, not only did they have a layer off on the dvd release you can see the web behind,going through Lo, even things corrected on the bluray, it's still shoddy amature photoshop, why not ps some floating heads on there.

This movie has such gorgeous sets and cool weapons, you have to be able to come up with something better!:neutral: Of course I vote for a KFBob painted cover:bigsmile:

Good to see some Shaws on Blu ray, i just think there are better titles to release.

Why the hell are titles like Web Of Death and Deadly Duo getting blu ray releases? I mean, of all the Shaws to choose from.

I don't get it.

I think in the case ofThe Deadly Duo, MediaBlasters were just dipping their feet in doing Blu-ray, so TDD was a "test run" of sorts. Getting familiar with the format certainly helped make their Heroes Two BD the quality product it is.

As for Well Go? They're still "trial and error" like they've just started the business. How are they keeping things organized in that company? (At least, their customer service is friendly!)

If only enough people could persuade Criterion to do the BD for The Five Venoms, it'd be freakin' AWESOME, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for the the impossible to happen!:tongue:

Why the hell are titles like Web Of Death and Deadly Duo getting blu ray releases? I mean, of all the Shaws to choose from.

Some of the Shaws films were remastered in HD but many were only remastered in Standard Definition. Both Web of Death and Deadly Duo are HD films.

Dragon Dynasty has a lot of HD titles but they may be holding back because of issues with their Blu-ray release of 36th Chamber.

Tokyo Shock seems to be having trouble getting any titles out, Blu-ray or standard.

BCI released Opium and the Kung Fu Master but then folded.

Funimation picked up the BCI titles which include some HD films (14 Amazons) and some SD films (Soul of the Sword) but for now seem to be focusing on standard DVD releases.

Well Go is really the only company releasing Blu-rays regularly. Their titles like Two Champions of Shaolin, Journey Of The Doomed, and Battle Wizard were not remastered in HD so no Blu-ray. Brother's Five, The Heroic Ones, Delightful Forest and All Men Are Brothers were all HD. Jade Tiger was not remastered in HD so there will probably not be a Blu-Ray of that.

Got the blu-ray today.looks ok,not spectacular but didn't think much of the film to be honest.Four audio tracks,Mandarin HD & 2.0,English HD & 2.0.Has a bunch of annoying,unskippable trailers at the start.

Hi Saltysam,

Does it say on the back cover if its region free or not? (I believe other wellgo are..)

Thanks

it actually says Region 1 :wink: i set my oppo to Region B to test it and it played ok so i assume it's free.

Got the blu-ray today.looks ok,not spectacular but didn't think much of the film to be honest.Four audio tracks,Mandarin HD & 2.0,English HD & 2.0.Has a bunch of annoying,unskippable trailers at the start.

I skipped the trailers on my BD disc.

Out of curiosity,(for those of you that have actually seen the cover) is the DVD cover still jacked up as it is shown in the first post? Did they add the word “The” to the title or add the flame into the lower left corner?

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Great seeing the english dub was excellent old school. The leader of the Spider Sect has Ku Feng's dubber from Avenging Eagle and there's alot more mixed dubbers from different flicks you don't normally here in a same film together. I was really happy with the english dubs. The print is a little darker than I thought it would be, but it dosen't ruin it. Great flick! I'm looking forward to Lady Hermit.

Is this a genuine 1080p transfer?

give us a clue on how you can tell?my player says it's a 1080p avc encoded transfer but i wouldn't know how to differentiate between genuine and fake.it looks good to my eyes,it's the film that's lacking in quality :squigglemouth:

Archived