Best Bruce Lee documentary?

Jeru the Damaja

Phantom Dreamer
On 1/24/2019 at 12:15 AM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Looks like Reelz has removed 'Autopsy' from YouTube. Too bad.

The French version of Reelz' 'Autopsy' is still up.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phantom Dreamer
37 minutes ago, reason108 said:

She probably was just responding to all the negative press releases and lies about Bruce in the news at the time. It’s like she was saying that no one killed Bruce or had anything to do with his death and she wasn’t blaming anyone, etc. I heard it more as rumor control and her final words on the subject than anything weird or creepy. 

It was a rushed statement, to say the least.

DragonClaws

We present you the second production recorded by Budo International for Universal Pictures through its European division. It is an exceptional work on the legacy of Bruce Lee, the most outstanding star in the Martial Arts Skies of all times. Students and intimate friends like Tim Tackett, Ted Wong, Mike Anderson, Joe Lewis, or Ralph Castro will talk to us about their experiences with him, of his physical and mental abilities. We will also learn about the opinions of the second generations of students and followers of action films like Cass Magda or Burton Richardson, as well as the best Martial Arts Masters at the moment. Don´t miss it! - Languages included in the Video-Download format: English, Español, Deutsch, Italiano, Français

Source- https://budointernational.com/en/download-video-martial-arts-english/7001421-download-dvd-bruce-lee-the-man-his-legacy-documentary.html

download-dvd-bruce-lee-the-man-his-legac

Most have a good amount of info here and there but as a whole I enjoy The Legend, Curse of the Dragon and  The Brilliant Life of Buce Lee -- the one that's exclusive to HK Heritage Museum.

The first A& E Bio has many good things as well.

DragonClaws
7 hours ago, Alan C said:

The first A& E Bio has many good things as well.

I paid quite a bit for an UNCUT bootleg of this on VHS, it was well worth it at the time. Now I could pick it for half the price on DVD, with special features.

7 hours ago, Alan C said:

Most have a good amount of info here and there but as a whole I enjoy The Legend, Curse of the Dragon

Recall renting Curse of The Dragon along with Dolph Lundgren's Punisher and Dragon's Forever, those were the day's.

14 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Recall renting Curse of The Dragon along with Dolph Lundgren's Punisher and Dragon's Forever, those were the day's.

Nice! 'Curse' has  gotten a lot of flak over the years ( ie Davis Miller, George Tan), but it's well presented and had a lot of great insight and (then) rare photographs. I'm also partial to the rock guitar accompanied interludes :) 

DragonClaws
15 minutes ago, Alan C said:

Nice! 'Curse' has  gotten a lot of flak over the years ( ie Davis Miller, George Tan), but it's well presented and had a lot of great insight and (then) rare photographs. I'm also partial to the rock guitar accompanied interludes :) 

I need to re-watch it @Alan C, been a long time since I saw this one.

Duel to the Death

I'm actually watching some Bruce Lee documentaries.

I started with the exploitation one Bruce Lee The Man The Myth which i know is not a doc. But it's a fun silly movie.

Then i watched Bruce Lee The Man The Legend. I actually liked that one. I see a lot of people do not. But i thought it was fine. But i guess it did feel like they were exploiting his death filming the funeral and following Linda around.

And finally i watched Bruce Lee The Legend. This is a good documentary. Best one so far. The version i seen was in Full Screen but i feel it should of been wide screen since stuff got cut off on the right and left. You could tell it was done by Golden Harvest since they showed scenes of their own movies like, Warriors Two, Prodigal Son and Duel to the Death. And they hyped up Game of Death as a great movie.

Getting ready to watch 2 more. I seen them before but don't remember them at all. 

Duel to the Death

Just watched the other 2. 

Bruce Lee The Immortal Dragon. This is one of stereotypical documentaries shown on the A&E channel back in the 90's. It's average. Nothing special. It is what it is. 

Bruce Lee A Warriors Journey. This a great documentary just for the original Game of Death footage. That alone makes it a masterpiece. But in my honest opinion the whole documentary should of been about Game of Death and nothing else. It would of been even better. It's like they have this Game of Death footage and decide to make a documentary around it but the whole first half has not much to do with Game of Death.

So if i'm only counting what happens at the beginning of it before the Game of Death footage i like Bruce Lee The Legend better, simply because i like the retro feel of it more. It has a Golden Harvest feel to it and i like that. I like the scene where Raymond Chow is walking through the set of Prodigal Son. :) Technically A Warriors Journey is probably a better documentary, but i still like Legend better. But that Game of Death footage is so so nice. Seeing it is the biggest "what if" in martial arts movie history. It's so sad it was never finished. It would of been better than Enter the Dragon. 

I don’t know why they didn’t put the full G.O.D footage in Bruce Lee The Legend, That would of been the best way to screen the footage imo.

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, Duel to the Death said:

Bruce Lee The Immortal Dragon. This is one of stereotypical documentaries shown on the A&E channel back in the 90's. It's average. Nothing special. It is what it is. 

I purchased a bootleg VHS tape of this documentary, from an advert in COMBAT magazine. At the time I thought it was really good. I was only 14, and most of the rare footage was new to me back then. 

I remember watching the A&E doc at a Bruce Lee convention in the early 90s

Ted Wong was the guest, it was great to listen to his reactions to hearing Bruce talking and laughing in the backyard footage.

The Pierre Burton interview premiered in uk after the doc, a great day.

DragonClaws
On 7/12/2020 at 10:25 PM, makone said:

The Pierre Burton interview premiered in uk after the doc, a great day.

That interview was all new to me, when I first viewed the documentary. Coupled with the fact I'd never got to view any of the nunchaku sequence before. This all combined to make what I felt was one of the best documentaries at the time. 

Archived