Best Bruce Lee documentary?

Jeru the Damaja

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws

Thanks for posting that, I also posted it back January, but in a seperate thread.

Phantom Dreamer
14 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

While some of the interview clips I've seen in other documentaries, I've never actually watched this production before. Can anyone else here tell us more about it?, was made for U.S television?.

TLC network

DragonClaws
1 minute ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

TLC network 

Why have you copied and pasted, a post I made earlier today, into the Best BL Documentaries thread?.  If it was decent documentary I could understand, but its below average, with the useal official story

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

It was on the TLC network. The network logo is visible on the video 🔍

I appreciate that you answered my question, I just dont understand why answered in a completely different thread?.

Phantom Dreamer
20 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I appreciate that you answered my question, I just dont understand why answered in a completely different thread?.

OCD probably.

Phantom Dreamer

Bruce Lee Fighting Scenes.

For the first time ever, you can own the five genre-defining Kung Fu classic battles to the death, of ALL of Bruce Lee’s Movie fights, in one spectacular DVD! 
The “Bruce Lee Fighting Scenes” Collection offers the five Bruce Lee masterpieces fight scenes taken from:

1-    Fists of Fury (1971) (aka The Big Boss)
2-    The Chinese Connection (1972) (aka Fist of Fury)
3-    Return Of The Dragon (1972) (aka Way of the Dragon)
4-    Enter The Dragon (1973) 
5-    Game Of Death (1978), the posthumously completed film, with all of the fight scenes taken from Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey (2000), which features previously unreleased footage Lee shot for Game of Death.

All the fight scenes from ALL of these movies in one nifty, convenient DVD!
No longer will a Bruce Lee fan have to go through the drudgery of fast forwarding through every Bruce Lee movie, in order to get to the good parts, the incredible fight scenes!
With this DVD, you will be able to go straight to the particular movie that you want, and just select on any fight scene directly with just a click!

Martial Arts fans will also be delighted to find in their order, One BONUS CD of their choice from “FIVE Martial Arts Book Packs” featuring dozens of books from a variety of different Martial Arts and fighting
styles and Boxing. The listing of books from the five Martial Arts Book Packs will be detailed below. 

All one has to do is simple tell me which BONUS CD they would like, and I will include it with the “Bruce Lee Fighting Scenes” DVD for FREE!
With just an additional Five dollars, one can purchase all five Martial Arts Book Packs in one CD.

And for an additional Five dollars, one can purchase an extra Special CD titled “Bruce Lee and related Book Collection”.
Included in this CD are all the books Bruce Lee wrote, plus other books co-written with Bruce Lee, or about Bruce Lee, such as books by his friends, and by his wife Linda Lee, and by his daughter Shannon Lee. 
28 books in all!

The DVD can be played in almost any DVD player.
All the books in the CDs are mostly in PDF form.
All the DVDs and CDs are checked for errors, but if any CD or DVD does not work, simply return it to me and I will replace it immediately at no charge.
I will reformat any book into another format such as “Epub” for free, as long as I can email it to you (due to size limitations as an attachment, the file must not be larger than 10 megs.) or upload it to you in another way that has no limitations.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/DVD-Bruce-Lee-Fighting-Scenes-Fighting-Clips-Only-Bruce-Lee-Skip-The-Plots/273086832271?hash=item3f953e5e8f%3Ag%3AYrQAAOSw5S5Z0pzx&_nkw=unsettled+matters&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xuns.TRS0

s-l800.jpg

s-l800 (4).jpg

s-l800 (5).jpg

s-l800 (6).jpg

DragonClaws
3 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

For the first time ever, you can own the five genre-defining Kung Fu classic battles to the death, of ALL of Bruce Lee’s Movie fights, in one spectacular DVD! 
The “Bruce Lee Fighting Scenes” Collection offers the five Bruce Lee masterpieces fight scenes taken from:

Sure there was a VHS release with the exact same name?.

3 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

No longer will a Bruce Lee fan have to go through the drudgery of fast forwarding through every Bruce Lee movie, in order to get to the good parts, the incredible fight scenes!
With this DVD, you will be able to go straight to the particular movie that you want, and just select on any fight scene directly with just a click!

No longer a problem, since the films arrived on DVD in the early nughties, just use scene selection.

Looks like a bootleg release of documentary, has to be, their using the BL Legend poster art for the cover.

Phantom Dreamer
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

Looks like a bootleg release of documentary, has to be, their using the BL Legend poster art for the cover.

The seller "kwinkle2", has 100% positive feedback.

DragonClaws
9 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

The seller "kwinkle2", has 100% positive feedback.

Sure he does, but its not an official release.

BRUCE LEE FIGHTS

Year: 1983
Starring: Bruce Lee
Running time: 88 minutes

I'm not sure why I added this movie to the site and reviewed cuz the title is pretty much self explanitory. Bruce Lee fights...yep he sure does. The movie contains all the big fight sequences from Bruce's films The Big Boss, Fist of Fury, and Way of the Dragon. They left out stuff from Enter the Dragon and Game of Death. I guess they couldn't get the rights. The start has some lame narrative about Bruce and how he was a god like figure after his death and give some excuse about how "this program is respectably dedicated" to his memory. I'm sure they were thinking of Bruce when they were at the bank cashing their checks.

It starts out with stuff from The Big Boss, then the nunchuk alley fight from Way of the Dragon, then Fist of Fury, and finally more Way of the Dragon. In between each segment it shows Bruce from The Big Boss sitting by a creek while some dorky sounding guy does a voice over of some Bruce Lee martial arts philosophy. Oh, real classy. Also they have added a new score to the scenes, and it sucks. Somebody hacked out ten minutes of "music" and they just looped it for the whole movie.

Alright now if you are one of those people who gets bored by dialogue, plot, and character development then this movie is for you. Grab some snacks and drinks and sit back get ready for 88 mintues of Bruce kicking, punching and whacking guys on the head with nunchuks. Sounds good to me....sounds damn good.

"Reviewed" by Keith. From Brucpeloitation Is A Crime web-site

Phantom Dreamer

Wu Ngan declined all interviews and took all the secrets to the grave. One of the few men who knew Bruce Lee as a child and a superstar. Ngan lived with Bruce Lee when they were children and when Lee was at the apex of his career. The stories he could have told, but nothing.

Phantom Dreamer

When Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey finally had its legal American premiere in 2002, ABC World News Now, an overnight American news program, had Davis Miller to comment on it as well as on Bruce Lee himself. He said the right things even though it wasn't a project he had any involvement with. He had to make an impression. He had to capture the audience's imagination and erase any doubt that that was a once in a lifetime segment to say what some, if not all of us were feeling. A door long closed was finally opened for everyone to enter.

Phantom Dreamer

One thing about Reelz' 'Autopsy' is at least Dr. Hunter called Bruce Lee skinny in Enter the Dragon. Too often, he is described as "ripped" or "shredded" or some other silliness. You should be honest.

Phantom Dreamer

Bruce Lee: The Legend remains the standard upon which all other documentaries are judged. I think the people would love to see an updated version, but it has to be done the right way, for the right reasons, by the right people.

$_3.JPG

Phantom Dreamer
17 hours ago, blLatSpread8 said:

Does any have any rare pictures of Bruce Lee's home / Bruce at his home. I haven't seen much of his house back in the day

This project has its own thread somewhere, but Bruce Lee: The Man and the Legend includes several scenes at Bruce Lee's 41 Cumberland Road home.

Archived