Best Bruce Lee documentary?

Jeru the Damaja

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DragonClaws
23 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruce Lee: The Legend

Love to see more behind the scene footage from the 78 Game Of Death, at least the clips featuring Sammo Hung directing Yuen Biao etc. Apart from the brief segments that feature in The Legend documentary, its never tunred up again.

On 21/06/2017 at 9:22 PM, DragonClaws said:

Love to see more behind the scene footage from the 78 Game Of Death, at least the clips featuring Sammo Hung directing Yuen Biao etc. Apart from the brief segments that feature in The Legend documentary, its never tunred up again.

dont know if you have already seen this but here's some behind the scenes footage from the 78 game of death?

DragonClaws
19 hours ago, sym8 said:

dont know if you have already seen this but here's some behind the scenes footage from the 78 game of death?

Thanks for this @sym8, I'd actually forgotten about this footage released by ReelEast.

Look's like they may have filmed that scene on the Golden Harvest back lot at night?.

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, DragonClaws said:

Thanks for this @sym8, I'd actually forgotten about this footage released by ReelEast.

Look's like they may have filmed that scene on the Golden Harvest back lot at night?.

Actually it was outside a real place in HK called "The Commander's Club" (or something like that!)

DragonClaws
7 hours ago, shukocarl said:

Actually it was outside a real place in HK called "The Commander's Club" (or something like that!)

Thanks for that @shukocarl.

Bey Logan might mention it on the HKL DVD?, its a long time since I listened to that audio track he did.

Killer Meteor
8 hours ago, shukocarl said:

The Mariner's Club, I believe.

Looks like Kim was having trouble doing the flip, so they eventually drag in Yuen Biao.

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, Killer Meteor said:

The Mariner's Club, I believe.

Looks like Kim was having trouble doing the flip, so they eventually drag in Yuen Biao.

Quite right KM I hadn't listened to Bey Logan's commentary for an age.

Phantom Dreamer

Bruce Lee: The Legend

My favorite documentary overall, but I always found it weird that Chuck Norris and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are basically omitted from discussion about Way of the Dragon and the Game of Death. Even more so regarding Norris since they included an audio recording of Norris talking about Bruce's physical conditioning. I guess they were too expensive circa 1984.

I remember recording one back in the 90's that was all about his life. I can't remember the name of it but I thoughtbit was pretty good. I remember the last few minutes was all about how he could have died. At the very end they said alot of people thought he had actually faked his death. It showed someone portraying Bruce walking down a path with a sack on his shoulder. Anyone happen to know what the name of this one might be?

Phantom Dreamer
30 minutes ago, MattC said:

I remember recording one back in the 90's that was all about his life. I can't remember the name of it but I thoughtbit was pretty good. I remember the last few minutes was all about how he could have died. At the very end they said alot of people thought he had actually faked his death. It showed someone portraying Bruce walking down a path with a sack on his shoulder. Anyone happen to know what the name of this one might be?

Death by Misadventure

IMG_qmv8q0.jpg

22 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Death by Misadventure

IMG_qmv8q0.jpg

Awesome! That is it! Thanks for the help! Just got done looking on Ebay for this on dvd. It's quite expensive! I wonder why?

On 08/01/2018 at 8:42 PM, sym8 said:

I still think we are waiting for the best Bruce Lee documentary to be made.

True, but it appears less and less likely as the years go by, the Estae now interview celebrities and 2nd generation students for documentaries.

Killer Meteor

The first Bruce docu I saw was Bruce Lee: The Immortal Dragon AKA The Unbeatable Bruce Lee. It's mostly PD clips, only one interview (with Diane McBain), and is full of errors, such as Bob Wall playing Petrov in Fist of Fury.

5 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

The first Bruce docu I saw was Bruce Lee: The Immortal Dragon AKA The Unbeatable Bruce Lee. It's mostly PD clips, only one interview (with Diane McBain), and is full of errors, such as Bob Wall playing Petrov in Fist of Fury.

The one that listed all the mistakes, at the end of the docuemtnary lol, all time worst documentary sat through. The one plus, if you got the DVD, was it had the full screen test for Number One Son and a U.S Bruce Lee trialer archive, plus a rare James Coburn interview, which at the time was pretty cool, YouTube wasnt about then. The same label, released a Jackie Chan documentary, but I never treated myself to that one lol.

Killer Meteor

I'm forever grateful to it just for letting me know there was a film out there called Bruce Lee Fights Back From The Grave!

On 14/01/2018 at 8:56 PM, Killer Meteor said:

I'm forever grateful to it just for letting me know there was a film out there called Bruce Lee Fights Back From The Grave!

Yeah, I was also put wide to Sonny Chiba thanks to this one, there were some cool trailers used in the documentary. Again this was pre YouTube, when clips took a long time to load online. As BL docuemtnary it was the pits though.

Archived