Mad Max and it's sequels

Guest Chinatown Kid

Guest Chinatown Kid

Anybody a fan of the Mad Max films? My favorite in the series is The Road Warrior which showcases some incredible stunts and is action packed. The original Mad Max was great two and I loved when Mel got his revenge on the sadistic biker gang in his suped up V8 intercepter. Wasn't that crazy over Beyond Thunderdome as it seemed to be a little to out there but was still a good film. What are your thoughts on the Mad Max films? 8)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tosh

Watched the Road Warrior about 100 times when I was younger, I had it on Beta, Mel was the man in the first two, and it had a great, very bleak landscape, being set in Australia.

The 3rd one, what can I say, it had it's moments, but got very hollywood.

For me, the car was the best part of the first two movies, I do believe it was a ford, they only made about 250 of those cars, it's very high priced, sought after car by collectors.

Guest rockandrolltroy

Road Warrior is the shiite. I love post-apocalyptic movies. I've said it a 1000 times, and few will believe me, that Cyborg with JCVD is a great flick.

Guest godzombie

Mad MAx 2 is great. I had it on VHS uncut Cert X Warner Bros.

The U.K DVD release is STILL missing a couple of seconds.

You don't see the boomerang being removed from the guys head, or the arrow being pulled out of his arm properly.

Guest Markgway

The UK DVD is the The Road Warrior - US R-rated version.

Warners just supplied the same master worldwide so even in Australia the DVD is cut. Idiots! :rolleyes

Only the old Japanese disc was uncut, letterboxed.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Damn, I had no idea my U.S. Warners disc of The Road Warrior was cut. I just don't understand why they can't release a movie uncut the way the director intended it to be seen instead of these cut versions.>: Artistic integrity all the way I say! 8)

Guest Markgway

Considering the cult success of the trilogy I'm amazed Warners haven't bothered their arse about the sequels they own the rights to. Bare bones releases? Jeez. Put some effort in!

Archived