Vague memories of a movie

ninjakram

I've been searching forever for a movie I used to have on tape when I was a kid. It started out with two kids who were learning kung fu from a master and there was a mechanical training machine on the wall that looked like a golden buddha that they would eventually have to learn to defeat. I thought it was a bruceploitation biopic; I remember the master allowing one of them to goto the US after he was able to defeat the training machine. When the Bruce lookalike gets to the US he interrupts a movie shoot and the director says who are you? and the guy goes, I do kung fu! and kicks out a few the set lights. Later I remember a fight taking place in some arena and he defeats a boxer. The main character starts out losing but then in slow motion he pounds his fist on the mat and ends up winning. These are just vague memories I have of this movie I must have watched in the early to mid 80s and it's always bugged me that I could never find it. I was just a kid when I saw it and maybe it's been so long that I'm thinking of two separate movies. Thanks in advance if anyone has any info.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been searching forever for a movie I used to have on tape when I was a kid. It started out with two kids who were learning kung fu from a master and there was a mechanical training machine on the wall that looked like a golden buddha that they would eventually have to learn to defeat. I thought it was a bruceploitation biopic; I remember the master allowing one of them to goto the US after he was able to defeat the training machine. When the Bruce lookalike gets to the US he interrupts a movie shoot and the director says who are you? and the guy goes, I do kung fu! and kicks out a few the set lights. Later I remember a fight taking place in some arena and he defeats a boxer. The main character starts out losing but then in slow motion he pounds his fist on the mat and ends up winning. These are just vague memories I have of this movie I must have watched in the early to mid 80s and it's always bugged me that I could never find it. I was just a kid when I saw it and maybe it's been so long that I'm thinking of two separate movies. Thanks in advance if anyone has any info.

He's a Legend He's a Hero (aka The Dragon Lives)

He's a Legend He's a Hero (aka The Dragon Lives) starring Bruce Li(or Li Hsaio Lung)

Archived