ShadowGuard (formerly "The Blood Bond") (2011)

AlbertV

I'd have thought that Biehn would've learnt his lesson after sleepwalking thru the awful Dragon Squad.

His career really must've hit the skids. I hope gets himself back on track and soon.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Biehn is a whiny bitch, always has been. He has become a faded B-movie actor, who shoe horns his faded actress girlfriend into everything he does, and seems to think that the world owes him a living cuz he had some hits in the 80's and early 90's.

With that said, BLOOD BOND looks like absolute shit! I don't think there's any way to cut that disaster into anything resembling a good movie.

I think both Bey and Biehn should just take responsibility for the fact that they made a shit movie and move on. The finger pointing (coming mostly from Biehn) doesn't make anyone look good.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I think that is partly due to him taking the high road, and partly that some of what Biehn says is the truth.

Bey (god love him) spends most his time wanking over the Asian female leads. I think his main interest is giving girls like Maggie Q a leg up in the industry and playing at being a star himself.

I think *his* credibility in mainstream cinema was put to bed after The Medallion turned out so bad. Bey's hobby at that time seemed to be 'playing' with credible stars careers..

Biehn is still a 'cool' actor and will stay in demand for B-movie stuff, conventions and cameos...I'm sure however bad this film comes out his career wont be harmed in the long run.

Guest Markgway
I think his main interest is giving girls like Maggie Q a leg up in the industry

My main interest would be in giving her a leg over. :tongue:

That reminds me I'm off to watch Nikita.

One Armed Boxer

Interestingly, an off-hand comment that was made by Twitch contributor James Marsh regarding Bey's latest project, 'Beach Spike', over the quality of the movie 'The Blood Bond', has lead to a war of words between Bey & Biehn.

It seems Biehn wishes to disown the project all together and doesn't wish for it to be considered his directorial debut at all, while Bey makes the rather bizarre comparison, in relation to Biehn's other movies, that 'The Blood Bond' "easily stands alongside most of his output from the last ten years" & is "coming to a DVD store near you"! Well, I'm sold!

Check out Biehn's comments here -

http://twitchfilm.com/interviews/2011/07/michael-biehn-talks-losing-control-of-the-blood-bond.php

& here is Bey's response -

http://twitchfilm.com/interviews/2011/07/bey-logan-responds-to-michael-biehn-on-the-blood-bond.php

Both of them contribute in the comments sections of the articles as well.

I am preparing myself with the comments by both Michael Biehn and Bey Logan since I just got the Blu-Ray of Shadowguard yesterday in the mail. As I mentioned a few years back, I'm going to see this for curiosity purposes.

Well, I'll be honest, I'm going to see this with a more positive notion only for the fact that it is considered a "learning experience" for both Biehn and Logan. They both moved on (I have yet to see Biehn's The Victim but it's on my list) and I hope both of them will be more successful. After all, Logan is at work on "Lady Bloodfight" and Biehn is gearing up to tackle the Aliens again in Blomkamp's "Alien 5".

One Armed Boxer

Inspired to watch this by Albert, I also clocked in with my own review here -

http://www.cityonfire.com/shadowguard-2011-review-shadow-guard-michael-biehn/

I wasn't quite as forgiving as Albert. Yes the movie could be described as a "learning experience", but so is losing your virginity, it doesn't mean the whole world should have to see it.

It's a lousy rip off of Wong Jing's THE LAST BLOOD with way too small a budget and way too boring action. And the talents of the leading actress might be plentiful but acting isn't one of them.

• Like 1

massa_yoda
Inspired to watch this by Albert, I also clocked in with my own review here -

http://www.cityonfire.com/shadowguard-2011-review-shadow-guard-michael-biehn/

I wasn't quite as forgiving as Albert. Yes the movie could be described as a "learning experience", but so is losing your virginity, it doesn't mean the whole world should have to see it.

I think I need to borrow your blu just so I can watch those awesome sounding interviews.

I think I need to borrow your blu just so I can watch those awesome sounding interviews.

The Phoenix V interview was my favorite because as OAB said, she is sitting here smoking throughout the whole thing...as Chris Tucker said I think it was "cigaweed" LOL

On 2/20/2011 at 6:49 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I suppose he wrote the novel to kinda redeem himself, and show his initial vision of the story.

Back in 1995, he wanted Richard Norton to be the star, and with Kathy Long as the co-star. At the time, it was difficult to get the necessary financing for it. Many years later, Bey resumed the project at the behest of Josie Ho. Herself and her husband were looking for films that she could star in for their production company. The couple encouraged Bey to further develop the script, but they eventually opted out. Celina Jade was the penultimate choice for the role of Deva, yet she bowed out too.

• Like 1