Lemony Snickets

Guest shaolindogpaw

Guest shaolindogpaw

ok, haha, im sorry but i just love this movie and it should be a cult classic. I have watched over and over and over again. I have never met anyone who likes this movie...when im having a bad day i just watch it and its all good. am i the only one. the same with...

TIME BANDITS

with the midget people and the boy, traveling in time...this was my favorite movie when i was a kid. and still i have met no one who likes it or even anyone who has seen it.

LORD OF THE RINGS (the cartoon movie)

id have to dust this one off, havent watched it in a while but honestly... i like the cartoon version better than the live people version. Dont get me wrong, the newest movies are awesome but the cartoon ones are warmer to me.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
TIME BANDITS

This is an excellent kids movie made for adults to enjoy as well.

Monty Python's Terry Gilliam just kicked some ass with this flick. David Warner's excellent as the evil wizard. The giant pirate or seaman with his evil witch of a wife, cooking up nasty little dishes of human body parts, etc. Also at the beginning when the kids wall has the knight on a horse crash through it. On the commentary Gilliam states how difficult it was to actually get the horse to jump into a wall (made of papier-mache' or something of the sort) but the horse does'nt know that!

Great flick!

Guest BKarza

TB when it came out as a youth. Always liked it. TG has an eye for that...thing. Time Bandits, Baron Munchusan(sp?), Brazil, etc. Unique eye for his own style of visuals. Always uses characters and vast sets.

LotR cartoon was always a good one as a youth as well. The theme was a catchy one and tends to stay in the head. It had a good sense of pace and pulled you in. Never looked at it like a kid thing even though I was one when I first saw it.

Guest shaolindogpaw

lanterns, i just got out of the hospital, been out for awhile, couple people here already know what happened. I broke the vertabrae in my back, and my wife shattered her leg.. ATV accident. i was driving and didnt see the huge dip around a blind turn... the atv crushed us and i went face first down the mountain. scary stuff bro. so the site hasnt seen much progress but when im back to full health its going to be kickin! i got my computer science professor interested, hes finta hook it up.

ive decided to cut out a few of the comics and focus on my sci fi/ samurai drama animated comic " Samurai Savant", and my weekly funny strip called " My life as a kung fu movie bad buy."

if anyone wants to be involved in any way let me know.

Guest godzillakungfu

Have a friend that almost died from an ATV accident. He was 2 out of six people that survived that day. No ATV riding for me ever.

Hope you are doing better.

I watched that movie on HBO decades ago. Love time bandits to this day. I always wished they had of made a sequel. Hope they don't now.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Jesus bro, no I did'nt know what happened. Well I hope your on a road to rapid recovery and best wishes to your wife as well.

My life as a kung fu bad guy, sounds amusing, I'd have some ideas for somethin like that. pm me a sample of what it's like.

Take care brother

Archived