What if Bruce Lee stayed with Lo Wei instead of going with Raymond Chow?

Golden Arm Kid

Well, he might have lived longer. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

I don't think it would've worked, the two of them staying together. Their egos were far too big.

If Lo Wei films like The Man Called Tiger are anything to go by, Bruce was right to have left him.

Er....The films where under Raymond's production company so what's the difference?

What if Bruce Lee stayed with Lo Wei instead of going with Raymond Chow?

The question should be... What if Bruce had never pulled a knife on Lo Wei at GH studios, in front of dozens of witnesses, embarrassing a high ranking Triad member, and dying 10 days later?

:nerd:

Well, he might have lived longer. :tinysmile_angry2_t:

We have a winner!

What if Bruce went with the Shaws instead? Sure, they offered him a few bucks only, but what if...

Imagine... Bruce Lee in VENGEANCE or something. Then later, probably being in a VENOM movie or something...

OpiumKungFuCracker

But What If,

He stayed in the states and given the role to Kung Fu T.V show...

How many episodes in a season, like 26??? How long did the show ran in it's entirety, like 3 seasons??

Bruce would have catapulted the show into a decade maybe?? Have films like Enter The Dragon's 1,2,3, and 4...

Golden Arm Kid
What if Bruce went with the Shaws instead? Sure, they offered him a few bucks only, but what if...

Imagine... Bruce Lee in VENGEANCE or something. Then later, probably being in a VENOM movie or something...

Excuse me. I have a mess to clean up now...in my pants.

I've always thought this ever since I've seen those photos of Bruce impersonating Zatoichi and dressed up as a barbarian character with tradtional weaponry....

I would have loved to see Bruce whoop Kuo Chui's ass or all the Venoms at once lol.

Bruce vs. Lo Mang

Bruce vs. Lu Feng

Can you imagine? Then again Bruce was less about flash and was as progressive as he was so idk how he would deal with being in movies that support the old ways so strongly. But regardless...

Man...what if.........D:

ShaOW!linDude
But What If,

He stayed in the states and given the role to Kung Fu T.V show...

How many episodes in a season, like 26??? How long did the show ran in it's entirety, like 3 seasons??

Bruce would have catapulted the show into a decade maybe?? Have films like Enter The Dragon's 1,2,3, and 4...

Dude, I would've been down for that!

Don't know that it would've run a decade. Even if it ran the same length of time would've been sweet. Don't know how he felt about sequels either but more US movies would've been sweet!

You know, with all the B movie crap Hollywood was putting out at the time, how no one in the US could recognize the talent and potential of Bruce Lee and sign him to a multi-picture deal just astounds me. He knew how to guide a story and he certainly could direct and film the choreography. Why couldn't somebody have done that?

Why, why, why, why, why?!

loempiavreter
I've always thought this ever since I've seen those photos of Bruce impersonating Zatoichi and dressed up as a barbarian character with tradtional weaponry....

I once saw those photos but I can't find them again, would you happen to them or know where I could get them?

Would love to see Bruce Lee in something like Kid with the Golden Arm, The Avenging Eagle or To Kill A Mastermind. I guess The Deadly Strike with Bruce Li is probably the closest that comes to that.

Golden Arm Kid
I once saw those photos but I can't find them again, would you happen to them or know where I could get them?

Would love to see Bruce Lee in something like Kid with the Golden Arm, The Avenging Eagle or To Kill A Mastermind. I guess The Deadly Strike with Bruce Li is probably the closest that comes to that.

http://www.bruceleedivinewind.com/galleries/jadebw/jadegallery.html

There you go man! I think those are pretty much all the pics Although oddly enough I remember there being some color ones when I saw them in the documentary "Bruce Lee: The Legend".

Lo Wei would'ev been dead and Bruce would'ev been in jail never making a name for himself in flims that's the harsh truth if Bruce would'ev stayed with Lo Wei. Bruce was right to leave him to make Way of the Dragon, Enter The Dragon, and parts of Game of Death if Bruce had been alive to finsh the flim it would'ev outshined Enter the Dragon.

Thats always a tough question to ask What If? I would have loved to seen Bruce in SB movies, I think he would've fit in really good. And if he had actually finished The Game of Death that would've been off the hook! But Bruce did what he felt was the best for him, and to bad we can never know why he made the choices he did.

I can't figure out why Bruce pulled a knife on him, surely he could have killed Lo with his bare hands if he had wanted too....:ooh:

Bruce "played the game" with Lo... He knew he was a Triad. He didn't care. Bruce lost sense of reality. He was acting like a Westerner, living in HK, and playing gangster/bullying games. This was a recipe for a disaster soon to come.

Bruce "played the game" with Lo... He knew he was a Triad. He didn't care. Bruce lost sense of reality. He was acting like a Westerner, living in HK, and playing gangster/bullying games. This was a recipe for a disaster soon to come.

Very true but you don't think Lo Wei had anything to do with his demise do you? Lee's body just took a horrible reaction to that gross nepalese hashish shit he was chewing.

Very true but you don't think Lo Wei had anything to do with his demise do you? Lee's body just took a horrible reaction to that gross nepalese hashish shit he was chewing.

But, that's not to say he "didn't have it coming". I believe there were forces at work. The Hashish was tainted, for Lee had been "a recreational user" for a time. Someone got to the stash, and Raymond Chow was present both times Lee had problems. Lee had been eating the stuff baked in brownies at home with Linda for a while and no problem.

So....?

But, that's not to say he "didn't have it coming". I believe there were forces at work. The Hashish was tainted, for Lee had been "a recreational user" for a time. Someone got to the stash, and Raymond Chow was present both times Lee had problems. Lee had been eating the stuff baked in brownies at home with Linda for a while and no problem.

So....?

He'd been a user mate but it wasn't the same stuff. That Nepalese nonsense he was taking towards the end was ultra potent and has a horrible reputation.

Also his body in 1973 was robbed of all natural fat, he'd had sweat glands removed and he was taking diuretics. I think the combination of all that caused drug ideosyncrasy which is mentioned on one of the post mortem documents.

Raymond Chow? I just can't see it! Golden Harvest churned out some amount of garbage for years after Bruce Lee died and their stock must have plummetted. Also, Lee and Chow were partners with Concord and were still in negotiations which Bruce mentioned in his final letter to Adrian Marsall. Also would it not have been easier to just "pick him off with a gun or a rifle?":smile:

Also, if the hashish was laced why did nothing turn up at autopsy. PS - Not saying you're wrong bro - I know you know this sh*t backwards!

... Raymond Chow? I just can't see it! Golden Harvest churned out some amount of garbage for years after Bruce Lee died and their stock must have plummetted.

By the early 80's GH studios had surpassed Shaws, who had sut down primarily for TVB.

By the early 80's GH studios had surpassed Shaws, who had sut down primarily for TVB.

Yep but what about the years in between when they churned out complete crap? Sammo by the late 1970's and Jackie by 1980 re-established their dominance but Raymond Chow didn't know how successful they guys were gonna be in 1973 - not unless he's the most astute business man in history.

For me Bruce Lee's death could have folded Raymond Chow so killing him would be counter productive and I hate the little bitch with a passion.

Sad but true he did but it's not like Lo didn't deserved it after the shit i heard he tried with Jackie after he decided enough was enough to move on to Golden Harvest. I've heard things about Bruce Lee still im into his flms not his real life, although i find it funny people milk so much making up stuff like the giant robot Samurai,