Supah Ninjas?

Michael L.

I searched my satellite guide for "ninja" today. Next week, it told me, Nickelodeon is premiering a show called "Supah Ninjas." The name suggests I can ignore it... anyone know anything about it?

EDIT ADDITION: IMDB, which has little info, shows it is not animated and has George Takei... so maybe it is worth watching?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I searched my satellite guide for "ninja" today. Next week, it told me, Nickelodeon is premiering a show called "Supah Ninjas." The name suggests I can ignore it... anyone know anything about it?

EDIT ADDITION: IMDB, which has little info, shows it is not animated and has George Takei... so maybe it is worth watching?

I think Lateef Crowder is involved too

There is a Ninjago (Lego ninja) cartoon starting soon as well... but I know what I am getting involved with there. Lego and ninja.

Supah Ninjas is new to me and I can't find anything but the IMDB page.

Holographic dead George Takei + nerdy ninjas + evil Kid (or is he Play... I think he's Kid) =

great if you are aiming it at very drunk people. For a kids' show... I dunno.

ShaOW!linDude

I take it that you watched it then.

Thanks for subjecting yourself to that and taking the hit so I don't have to.

No, it isn't on until Monday and I will probably watch it. That is, if I can make it through the final Hannah Montana Sunday (hey, I have not one but two daughters in elementary school)! If Wizards of Waverly Place would just end, too, do you know how much space I'd clear up in my DVR?

ShaOW!linDude

Dude, my 2 girls are just a couple of years younger than yours. In time, I'll be feeling your pain.:cry:

I posted about this yesterday and it seems to have disappeared... weird.

I watched Supah Ninjas. It wasn't bad at all, keeping in mind it is a kids' show. It was funny enough (borrowing a great deal from the Rush Hour formula) and even the show makes fun of the name Supah Ninjas. It looked like it might be better than the new Power Rangers because the ad they showed for it with the most monotone reading of "I am the Red Ranger!" in the history of monotone, dead readings of lines made it look like PR: Samurai will be best watched with the DVR fast forward button skipping all the non-action parts.

Call me crazy, but based on the two episodes that have been released, I have to say Supah Ninjas is a better show than Power Rangers Samurai. The action is weaker but the kids are better actors and the show is better written.

It also has George Takei.

Call me crazy, but based on the two episodes that have been released, I have to say Supah Ninjas is a better show than Power Rangers Samurai. The action is weaker but the kids are better actors and the show is better written.

It also has George Takei.

I've yet to see Supah Ninjas, but PR Samurai is the most faithful adaptation of the Super Sentai Series. They actually credit the Japanese writer and directing the additional material are the likes of Alpha Stunts' Akihiro Noguchi and Koichi Sakamoto. Heard Isaac Florentine is going to direct episodes as well.

I'll definitely check out Supah Ninjas though.

I like Power Rangers Samurai as long as they are fighting but those kids just can't act!

I did manage to get through one episode and while there are a lot of goofy antics, the fight scenes are actually pretty darn good.

Ryan Potter, who is a martial artist, also will be in Phillip Rhee's return to film, THE UNDERDOGS, but as the leader of the bad kid team.

SUPAH NINJAS was given the axe...there will be no 3rd season. But as mentioned, Ryan Potter will be seen showing his martial arts moves next in Phillip Rhee's Underdog Kids.

Archived