Ninja in the Dragon's Den

sdog2006

hwang jang lee `trained other actors when they did movies together and also helped with the fight instructions ,to slag him shud be against the law , u think it was his idea to put that wig on duh he is argurably one of the best martial artists to appear on film and he made ninja in the dragons den even better. imo

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hwang jang lee `trained other actors when they did movies together and also helped with the fight instructions ,to slag him shud be against the law , u think it was his idea to put that wig on duh he is argurably one of the best martial artists to appear on film and he made ninja in the dragons den even better. imo

My point exactly!

loved the whole movie and the dub is funny with all the cussing lol..

I can enjoy old school english dubbing for sure but it is too irritating for this movie. The cantonese audio is the way to go. I watched this somewhat recently after many years. The movie is still great but also not as great as I remembered it.

I didn't say it was a bad fight, I just thought it odd that he looked like Rick James in the super freak video! Overall I liked Game of Death II but Secret Rivals on the other hand, thats the most overrated movie I've ever seen, if Silver Fox is suppose to be an HJL signature character I wasnt impressed. I bought Secret Rivals based on recommendations and high praise given at this site and hated it. I realize HJL just isnt my cup of tea, his films and appearances are the definition of Chop Socky, his kind of films are the kind that comedians make fun of cause of all the camp.

The first Secret Rivals is worth of all the praise it gets. The second I found to be pretty overrated. Either way, Hwang Jang Lee rules.

I kind of agree to IB about "secret rivals".By no means hate it, I was bit disappointed with it considering it`s good reputation.Nevermind I saw it years later after became aware of it so I guess my expectations had grown higher than should have been.Anyway I am not huge fan of 2-1 fights and SR end fight was not particularly good and choreograp wise in several occassions one can see kick is far from connecting.It`s ok movie but I liked snuff bottle connection lot more:bigsmile:

I just watched this for the first time after wanting to watch it for a while, something about the title of the movie always stuck in my head. I thought it was entertaining, some unnecessary scenes but overall i enjoyed it. The end fight came out of nowhere,

I just watched this for the first time after wanting to watch it for a while, something about the title of the movie always stuck in my head. I thought it was entertaining, some unnecessary scenes but overall i enjoyed it. The end fight came out of nowhere,

People call Ninja in the Dragon's Den campy but I only found the end fight with HJL campy and tacked on, I loved the rest of the movie, Sanada and Conan where awesome! :bigsmile: Ok the theme song is the definition of 80s cheese but that song is classic I can't imagine watching the film without it! :smile2:

It's definitely a fun ninja flick. :tongue:

FYI, it's coming out on DVD in Japan (for the first time I believe) on February 25, 2011:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%BE%8D%E3%81%AE%E5%BF%8D%E8%80%85-DVD-%E3%83%A6%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B1%E3%82%A4/dp/B004G5YVZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296585272&sr=8-1

I wonder if it's different from the HKL version? :ooh:

One eyecatcher for me is that the title song has been credited with :Theme: "THE LEGEND OF THE NINJA" (Song: Alfredo Chen Singers)

Make sure to catch the high quality - full version - tune linked here: http://www.discogs.com/Alfredo-Chen-Singers--KMB-The-Legend-Of-The-Ninja-Silver-Moon/release/1107103

Seems to be cropped to 1.78:1 (but you never know) compared to the HKL 2.35:1 ... Hope this is some kind of extended version and one can only hope for english subs :)

Kennedy Il Sung

I love the Ninja Master in this he looks so cool all scarred up, I actually wanted him to beat Sanada's character .

Watched this yesterday again, this flick should be a show reel on how to do real acrobatics and stunts(yep, wake up Hong Kong, get back to basics,) Sanada is just badass, hard to believe this is the same actor in Twilight Samurai.

I agree any reason to put HJL in a movie is a good one, shame the story in this is so weak, they should of made HJL the main bad ninja or something and integrated his part in the movie, the last fight is just an afterthought, I'm sure they could of found another way to show breasts if they needed to:tongue:.

All in all this is still a pretty solid movie.

Yang Wu Liang

Thanks for that link dMG, I love that tune but I couldn't download unfortunately :squigglemouth: If anyone's got it please help a brother out and PM me.

Thanks

Thanks for that link dMG, I love that tune but I couldn't download unfortunately :squigglemouth: If anyone's got it please help a brother out and PM me.

Thanks

It's also on youtube.

Yang Wu Liang

Thanks sun Chien. After braving some weird Polish and Russian sites I eventually managed to track down a decent quality MP3 of the original record, if any one needs it let me know......... SHAKA NINJA!!!

Recently watched this film and loved it. I especially liked that intro sequence and song. Think I might add it to my work-out playlist. Even the backup singers are great! "Shaka-ninja!"

Archived