How many Villains walk away?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

We have all seen one or more or ALL of the heroes and heroines die when the end fight comes, of course,after dispatching the villain and his henchman to the promised land.

How many movies (if) any does the prime villain walk away for another day while the heroes and heroines all lie dead?

I can't think of a one.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

There's more than a few films where the villain walks away as well as the hero ("Martial Club" for example") but I really can't think of one where the villain wins. It just seems like a very odd plot device to me. Unless the film follows the perspective of the villain from the get go, I suppose.

kungfusamurai

Many of the Lau Kar Leung films had the villains survive. They were given a slap on the wrist. :)

Other than that, I can't think of any others that haven't been mentioned that have the main villain walk away.

KFS

Not an old school film, but in Death Games Fan Siu Wong walks away even though the baddie wants to fight (and presumably be killed). I know that isn't quite what you asked for but it is similar.

Lau Kar Leung's films came to mind too, as mentioned above.

How many movies (if) any does the prime villain walk away for another day while the heroes and heroines all lie dead?

I can't think of a one.

GD Y-Y

I think there is one namely The Legendary Strike but it needs verification by other forum members as its been ages since I last saw it in a theatre but I can vaguely recall that mega invincible Carter Wong and super tough Chen Sing were battling Angela Mao and maybe Cassanova Wong or somebody else (Kam Kong also stars) during the end fight on this plateau-like hill with a steep cliff at one side.Not sure if the protagonists managed to kill Chen Sing but they found the antagonists so invincible that both hero/heroine decided to run away from the fray.Can't remember how the hero escaped but Angela Mao or both jumped off the cliff when the opportunity arose.I don't know if she/they survived the plunge whilst the bewildered unscathed Carter Wong and maybe Chen Sing looked on.The End

TibetanWhiteCrane

Maybe a spolier alert somewhere would be good. Though, I agree, that the title of the thread is somewhat of a spoiler alert in itself!

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I am trying to recall the name of a film which was shown in the now cancelled Kung Fu HD channel. I just remember that in the ending, a final fight occurs in the woods. The martial arts master is slaughtering everyone, including little kids. The villain wins and gets away in the end. Thanks.

Rebellious Reign

Man, I really hated how this film played out. There's a message somewhere about what power does to a man, but I lost it in the midst of [spoiler ALERT, POSSIBLY] watching heroes fail miserably for 90 minutes and watching Kwan Yung Moon suddenly kill 90% of the crew all by himself.

Man, I really hated how this film played out. There's a message somewhere about what power does to a man, but I lost it in the midst of [spoiler ALERT, POSSIBLY] watching heroes fail miserably for 90 minutes and watching Kwan Yung Moon suddenly kill 90% of the crew all by himself.

Yeah I think once they got to filming the big battle, both the director and choreographer went overboard. However, it's still some of the finest action in a film of this sort.

I'm a sucker for a happy ending, but I can appreciate this sort of thing too because it's real. 99 times out of 100, the dynasty wins and the rebels lose.

And I thought that finale was easily one of the ten best I've ever seen. Sure it was overdone, but it was exciting as all get out!

Archived