Detective Dee and the Phantom Flame.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Well you have to give (IT) to Tsu Hark. He just keeps on delivering. I think we are still in store of a few more masterpieces from this great one.

D.D. for me was a lot of fun. Lavishly filmed with with great CGI. I thoroughly enjoyed this flix.

I did not mind the wire-work FU as it fit in with the pure fantasy of the story.

I don't think I noticed any mistakes in this special effect laden effort. OHHHH except as in many kung fu movies the whip seems to take on a life of its own......becoming SOOOOOOOOOOOOO long when needed......when it is initially seen as standard size.

I give this one for sheer force of being over the top a * * * * 1/2 rating.

And next I will have Reign of Swords to compare it too.

GD Y-Y

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like to support local (US) releases whenever they're not garbage (i.e. Dragon Dynasty's many clusterfucks don't count)... but US distributor Indomina has 'till February to announce a release date for this, then I'm importing it from HK. You snooze, you lose, and Indomina not only sounds like an over-the-counter sleep aid, they move at a pace which suggests they swallowed a fistful of themselves.

The goddamned US distributors are their own worst enemy way, way too frequently.

The Silver Fox

I picked up the Region 3/ 2 disc version from Vicol . Great pic quality and some decent extras. DDDHouse has it for pretty cheap.

Archived