movies that made you confused

zeus

im saying this cause i watched dream sword and boy i was lost at some places and couldn't follow the story at some points especially the end

anybody had similar experiences with other movies?

Wang Yu and David Chiang in One Armed Swordsmen. It gave me a headache!:bigsmile:

Yep, that film got me thinking "how many one-armed swordsmen does it take to change a light-bulb"...

Some Chu Yun have so many clans and persons appearing at such rapid speed hard to follow storyline and soon even stop caring about it.If they were not so beautifully made wud have pushed stop button before end with few titles.

sifu iron perm

some crap film called year of the kickboxer..had two movies/stories..hilarious!!

fist of legend 2/iron boduguards..old fotage and some new fotage..complete mess but good action!

lol @ Jet Le.

Golden Arm Kid

I remember the first time I saw the theatrical release of Game of Death (I was pretty young at the time) my head hurt trying to understand why Bruce's fight scenes, save the pagoda scenes looked so uninspiring and not right. I also wondered why the would never show Bruce's face and when they did it would be from scenes from other movies.

Yes I was very young and didn't know the backstory to the film's production.

The last one that got me kinda confused was Cheng Chang Ho"s strange Kung Fu / Sexploiation hybrid THE ASSOCIATION. The whole intro part didn"t seem to relate to the rest of the story. Not entirely without merits but by far the worst CCH film I saw.

I remember the first time I saw the theatrical release of Game of Death (I was pretty young at the time) my head hurt trying to understand why Bruce's fight scenes, save the pagoda scenes looked so uninspiring and not right. I also wondered why the would never show Bruce's face and when they did it would be from scenes from other movies.

Yes I was very young and didn't know the backstory to the film's production.

Ditto... I was about 4 or so years old when I first saw it (hell, I was around 2 when I saw ETD), and couldn't quite figure out what was going on.

I loved Butterfly Sword the first time I saw it, but it took 8 or 10 viewings to figure out what the heck was going on. Another confusing wushia.

A lot of movies have made me confused. The one I can think of right now is Shaolin and Wu Tang. You know approximately what's supposed to happen and the story is pretty simple, but no scene makes any sense from one to another.

House of Traps is another one. I absolutely love it, but I can't follow anything even after watching it several times. Someone fights in the end, that I'm sure of though.

The Brave Archer films are so complicated, and if you are seeing them on late night cable in the mid-80s with a bad dub and a worse buzz, you ain't gonna figure nothin' out!

The Brave Archer films are so complicated, and if you are seeing them on late night cable in the mid-80s with a bad dub and a worse buzz, you ain't gonna figure nothin' out!

The Brave Archer series, and movies based on the Jin Yong novels generally, make a lot more sense if you have seen the TV versions. The Brave Archer series is based on the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre novel.

The TV series can take their time with the plot so the plot twists and the introduction of new characters are easier to take. But even spread out over 30-40 episodes, the pace, especially seeing new characters, can still be a bit too fast. Anyway, seeing the story there made following the SB movies a whole lot easier.

Morgoth Bauglir

And to top it off, 30 minutes were cut out of part 1.

The Brave Archer series, and movies based on the Jin Yong novels generally, make a lot more sense if you have seen the TV versions. The Brave Archer series is based on the Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre novel.

And even that is the third book in the trilogy, right? Craziness. I agree that a TV show would (should? I guess you could still screw it up) be easier to follow. I wrote a column over at ShaolinChamber36.com earlier this month on Royal Tramp, one of the two wuxia based film series I have really liked, and I'm pretty sure I mention that a TV show is probably a better format for these long, complicated stories.

I am hoping to get something portable that runs Kindle software soon and as soon as I knock out my CCNA tests I plan on reading the Condor Heroes Trilogy.

On 6/12/2021 at 8:20 PM, Cognoscente said:

To Kill With Intrigue.

Why? The Story ist linear. Actually Not a Bad Story For a kung fu/swordplay movie. It is based on a novel by gu Long and Well translated Into a movie (i compared it). The notion that it Is confusing stems From jackies First biography and was accepted by a Lot of Websites since its Release.

• Like 2

Cognoscente

My confusion stems from the warped view of love that Hsu Feng's character has for Jackie. Not only does she not kill him, she falls in love with him....yet she scars him and makes him swallow hot coal, and he doesn't choke or die from it!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

My confusion stems from the warped view of love that Hsu Feng's character has for Jackie. Not only does she not kill him, she falls in love with him....yet she scars him and makes him swallow hot coal, and he doesn't choke or die from it!

I also had a confusing feeling when I watched this movie for the first time And bad quality French subbed vhs and probably cut) and...for the second and third viewings too !

• Like 3

Cognoscente
49 minutes ago, Kwai said:

The notion that it is confusing stems from Jackie's first biography and was accepted by a lot of websites since its release.

There is one thing that I take issue with in regards to Jeff Yang's depiction of the Lo Wei years - Jackie supposedly referring to Spiritual Kung Fu as "vulgar" - Drunken Master was vulgar when the king of sticks fell face-first into the excrement, and Young Master was vulgar when Jackie drank water from a stream which a boy was urinating in.

Like many others, I never understood why Lo Wei would be livid about Half a Loaf of Kung Fu yet somehow be proud that Spiritual Kung Fu would have audiences "rolling in the aisles" as it were.

• Like 2