Any chance of getting Shaw Brothers films (namely Venom Mob films) on Blu Ray?

Golden Arm Kid

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 Amazons has a Polish Blu-ray and The 36th Chamber of Shaolin Trilogy is on Blu in France. Wellgo has released Blu-rays that are about as impressive as their DVDs:cry:. My guess is that once Dragon Dynasty exhausts their catalogue on DVD they might look into Blu, but the main game in English-friendly town is Media Blasters. They've put out Deadly Duo and Heroes Two; Heroes improved on some spotty image quality by comparison and appears to be a ray of sunshine amidst the clouds of apathy that are by and large the brunt of Shaw bros. releases. I expect I'll be sooner getting a Blu-ray burner and figuring out how to mux subtitles into a Blu-ray before any of these releases come to North America.

Golden Arm Kid
14 Amazons has a Polish Blu-ray and The 36th Chamber of Shaolin Trilogy is on Blu in France. Wellgo has released Blu-rays that are about as impressive as their DVDs:cry:. My guess is that once Dragon Dynasty exhausts their catalogue on DVD they might look into Blu, but the main game in English-friendly town is Media Blasters. They've put out Deadly Duo and Heroes Two; Heroes improved on some spotty image quality by comparison and appears to be a ray of sunshine amidst the clouds of apathy that are by and large the brunt of Shaw bros. releases. I expect I'll be sooner getting a Blu-ray burner and figuring out how to mux subtitles into a Blu-ray before any of these releases come to North America.

Sounds awesome. If I could get some Venoms films like:

Five Deadly Venoms

Kid with the Golden Arm

Crippled Avengers

Invincible Shaolin

ect.

On Blu ray in Chinese with English subs or additional English dubs I'd be a VERY happy guy.

Dragon Dynasty has released 36th Chamber and Fist of Legend on BD in the US, and some other HK titles as well but that's the only classic kung fu films they've released.

kungfusamurai

I was NOT happy with Dragon Dynasty's treatment of 36th Chamber on Blu Ray, which is the main reason I sought out the French one. If that's the way they do things at DD, then I think any Venoms releases by them will be a waste of money. You might as well stick with your SD versions and let your respective BR players upconvert for you.

KFS

That would be a surreal if they were released on Blu, shit I'd be happy if the majority of the venoms films were just released legitimately!!

The only way I can foresee that happening is if a new player jumps into the Shaw bro distribution circle...

Because as of now I can't see Dragon Dynasty, Media Blasters, or Well Go doing this for us:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Golden Arm Kid
That would be a surreal if they were released on Blu, shit I'd be happy if the majority of the venoms films were just released legitimately!!

The only way I can foresee that happening is if a new player jumps into the Shaw bro distribution circle...

Because as of now I can't see Dragon Dynasty, Media Blasters, or Well Go doing this for us:tinysmile_angry2_t:

I'm a little new to the buying of old gung fu films. What do you mean by legitimately?

I'm a little new to the buying of old gung fu films. What do you mean by legitimately?

The Venom Movies to my knowledge that have been released by a legit American company's are..

5 Deadly Venoms (DD)

Crippled Avengers (DD)

Shaolin Rescuers(Funi)

Invincible Shaolin (Funi)

Life Gamble (Funi/BCI)

Two Champions of Shaolin (WG)

Brave Archer And His Mate (WG)

Kid W/ Golden Arms (MB)

Flag of Iron (MB)

5 Element Ninjas (MB)

10 Tigers Of Kwangtung (MB)

Brave Archer (MB)

Heaven and Hell (Image)

House of Traps (Image)

That's about half of there filmography. The rest of there movies that have been released in America are all bootlegs..

Shaolin Temple

Naval Commandos

Chinatown Kid

Brave Archer Part 2

Shaolin Daredevils

Magnificent Ruffians

Masked Avengers

Rebel Intruders aka Killer Army

Brave Archer Part 3

Legend Of A Fox

Ode to Gallantry

Sword Stained With Royal Blood