STAR WARS: COMPLETE SAGA BLU RAY announced

Karlos

It's almost like Lucas put that in there to piss off all the NOOOOO haters. I don't really mind it, it shows the small amount of good Vader still has in him and that he still cares for his son in the end.

true....but it already showed that.....he didnt have to dub it over with a ridiculous sounding NOOOO to "dumb it down" for people....we already knew it! Why does he do this shit to his films smh

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahah great stuff....i woud love to show people...but i dont know anybody that would understand all the references in that incredible clip

While I've never been a fan of the prequel (third installment one was ok), I thought this idea had some promise. Again, nothing will ever be better than the original three, no matter how its changed/remastered/etc. but I'd be interested to see one full movie (original trilogy) with bits of the prequel spliced in here and there.

7-qGBN7dFvo

Regardless of whatever changes have been made or added to this series I'm buying mine Tomorrow! And I know everyone will be out there as well!

• Administrator
While I've never been a fan of the prequel (third installment one was ok), I thought this idea had some promise. Again, nothing will ever be better than the original three, no matter how its changed/remastered/etc. but I'd be interested to see one full movie (original trilogy) with bits of the prequel spliced in here and there.

7-qGBN7dFvo

That was actually pretty cool.

Don't know if you guys heard this or not, but an additional change- to A NEW HOPE- has been revealed. In the BD version Alderran shoots first. :wink: My buddy at work told me that and I thought it was hillarious. Had to share.

There is a million versions of the regular films out there so If people don't like the blu-ray changes then don't fucking buy them. I think people can live without the HD, but they must care about the films very much since people cry and whine over them so much.

Sheesh, what a whiner YOU are!

The problem is that for people who wish to see the STAR WARS films as they originally appeared, without replaced music, actors and anachronistic special effects, the only option legit speaking are non-anamorphic dvds that are simply not to snuff. It's even worse for fans of Lucas's THX, which doesn't even have a non-anamorphic dvd of its original version. Have you tried watching the original RETURN OF THE JEDI on a widescreen TV? The subtitles for Jabba's dialoge get completly cropped off!

Look at BLADE RUNNER. Look at CLOSE ENCOUNTERS. Both films got extensive DVD packages containing the original theatrical versions, as well as the various Special Editions. All given top notch dvd transfers.

Lucas is probably one of the few filmmakers who likes to mess REPEATEDLY with his work, whilst making the original versions more obsolete. When these films turn up on tv, they are no longer the original versions. It's not even a matter of CGI, entire actors's contributions have been removed. Relatively speaking, it's a shoddy disgrace.

That was actually pretty cool.

Don't know if you guys heard this or not, but an additional change- to A NEW HOPE- has been revealed. In the BD version Alderran shoots first. :wink: My buddy at work told me that and I thought it was hillarious. Had to share.

Lmao! That was funny!

I honestly think in another 10-20 years they'll re-release the whole SAGA again, with the original releases, and the new versions too side by side, and it will be a win!

Yes the scenes are added to the film. BACK.

The scenes are added to the film? Can someone confirm this. From what I've seen, the deleted scenes are too poor quality to be added to the film and are thus, I assume, viewed separately in the special features section. However, I do not have them so I really don't know. If the above comment is true and they are added then how is the production quality?

Great Review! But what about the ending scene in Return of the Jedi! Did they put back the old Man as Vader or did they leave Hadden Christian there? I hated that change? I'm picking mine up tomorrow, I wanted to get it last week but I was soo busy I couldn't.

Just got mine today but I got no time time to watch them! I'm waiting to get my New Flat Screen then its Off to a Galaxy Far Far Away!

Guest Markgway

"Once again our puppets' enthusiasm to celebrate Star Wars continues to amaze us," said Kayleen Walters, Senior Director, Marketing, Lucasfilm. "Our goal was to deliver a premium-priced product that they could enjoy with their fellow puppets and we are thrilled that they are enjoying it as much as we knew they would."

Archived