Bruce Lee My Brother: DVD and Blu Ray Release

David Rees

The recent bio-pic (apparently the first of 3?) on the Little Dragon, Bruce Lee My Brother is getting a dvd and blu ray release in Hong Kong on January the 10th, a very quick release after its theatrical screenings.

Looks like both will be region locked but that will have to be confirmed...

BRUCE LEE MY BROTHER DVD BLU RAY

BRUCE LEE MY BROTHER DVD BLU RAY ON EBAY

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Is it any good??? The last and satisfying Bruce Lee Biopic that I saw was Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story... That was 1993, a very long time ago...

Considering this is the first biopic approved by Lee's *real* family and not Linda Lee, I would certainly hope this is good...

Will get this though the few reviews i've found don't sound promising-well made but a bit boring seems to be the consensus.

I just don't see things film promising...I hope I'm wrong. Dragon was an amazing film already, so they have to top it...which I doubt. They should have taken the Ip Man route, which i heard they didn't.

When I saw DRAGON, I was stunned that it didn't even follow Linda Lee's version of events written in BRUCE LEE:THE MAN ONLY I KNEW.

When I saw DRAGON, I was stunned that it didn't even follow Linda Lee's version of events written in BRUCE LEE:THE MAN ONLY I KNEW.

Linda doesn't even follow the events of BRUCE LEE:THE MAN ONLY I KNEW...

She has created a perspective of Bruce Lee's life that would profit for her and sustain a lifestyle she's maintained over the past 40yrs...

Just saw the movie...kinda. I saw about half an hour and just stopped. It's not a bad movie, but it's not the kind of movie I like. It reminds me of the "sandlot" from the 90s about friends hanging with each other. If they just never mention Bruce Lee...you wouldn't even know the movie is about him. The movie wasn't bad, but it's not a martial arts film....from what I saw in that half hour. Reminds me of one of those movies that win awards, but nobody seen or like. I wished they went the way of Ip Man or did something better than Dragon, but they didn't.

The worst part of the film is the actor. The kid that played him was awesome, but the main guy just was horrible. He just didn't have the look...very ugly in my opinion and he looks half white or something. I know Bruce Lee is mixed with white, but he was mostly Asian but this dude just looked wierd and mixed. The baby that played Bruce Lee was more fit..lol.

Overall, I'm not saying it's a bad movie, but it's kinda watching a film about Michael Jordan with little basketball. It's good for what it is. It's a hell lot better than Chen Zhen, which was a horrible film.

Well sen_pai, though I've yet to receive my ordered copy, I'll tell you what I get from what you've reviewed. This film is a treatment told by Bruce's siblings, whom Linda and Shannon have seemingly forgotten, as if Bruce were an only child. The story is to give background that "The Estate" clearly ignored. I bet there are characters who seem more important here because they've been neglected all these years.

I, for one, anxiously welcome this version simply because the family have been left out.

bruce+lee+family.jpg

bruce+lee+bw+family+1.JPG

OpiumKungFuCracker

Just saw the movie too, but the title is misleading... It should be called, " Lee family and his friends."

You have one of the most iconic movie stars in your biopic and you only have him in 2 fight scenes??? Those fights scenes didn't have anything to do with anything... They just threw it in there because they needed one.. They didn't really go over his path to martial arts/wing chun, it's like it didn't matter to the story... One thing this movie has though is the direction, cinematography is gorgeous... I would say it felt more authentic than the Dragon Bruce lee story but at least that movie kept me entertain, and it had that myth surrounding Lee's legacy kind of like a fable...

Ive seen it and i can assure you that it is a good film alot of facts in there unlike "Dragon the Bruce Lee story" Theres a few points they could of done better like the interaction between Bruce & Yip Man.All said and done i liked it and i look forward to the next film,i hope they keep the standard up.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Theres a few points they could of done better like the interaction between Bruce & Yip Man..

Yes, if only they could elaborate on that more and spend half of the movie on that story line this movie would be on Ip Man's level... I also enjoy the scenes where he was doing the movies as a teen, I thought that was something new and haven't seen before..

My question is are his movies he made as a teen in Hong Kong widely available on dvd?? I would like to add that to my collection, don't care if there's no kung fu in it, it's freaking Bruce Lee!!!!

i enjoyed it , you have to expect a certain degree of fantasy with any biopic , i also liked the fact they resisted filling it with pointless fights. i suppose with the three recent ip man projects they decided not to focus too much on him, a shame really.

there are eight chilhood movies available on dvd unfortunately only three have english subs

I am really glad to hear positive feedback on this film. I've yet to receive my order, however, I find it refreshing to not be centered around the fabled tales Linda Lee has brought to the screen.

If they continue with their plans, the story arc may include things Linda doesn't want revealed;

To quote Hannibal Lecter, "... Goody goody!"

:bigsmile:

bruce did meet ip man but he never taught the newcomers as many think ( a scene in the movie explains this) - his top students like wong shun leung trained bruce. wong shun leung was bruce lee's main wing chun teacher and not ip man. i do agree that more wing chun school training would've been good to see and surprised none of the rooftop challenge fights were featured.

I thought it was a good film and was glad that it was not a "martial arts" film. There was a lot of interesting things about Bruce`s family life that I don`t recall reading about before. However, though, I think they should have ended the movie before Bruce started training in wing chun. They totally dropped the ball on that. And, the reason varied from what I had read before as to why he began training in the art to begin with.

I finally received my copy on Friday and watched it yesterday. In two words... I'm impressed.

This is by far the absolute best screen treatment of Lee's early years I've seen. The care and detail that went into this production clearly comes across on screen and kudos to Robert, Phoebe, Peter and Agnes Lee in seeing that this got out before they were no longer around to tell the story. We already lost Peter.

The young man in the lead playing Lee, Aarif, did an admirable job and did not take it over the top. I'd very much like to see him continue the part if they decide to follow up with the Seattle years and the return to HK.

I have always wondered why the films made about Bruce Lee totally ignored his family. They were essential to his development, shaped his values, and, just like anyone else's family contributed majorly to his life.

This film rests alone with my Bruce Lee collection as a piece of history that I'm so proud to have enjoyed a peek.

Archived