The Fighter

Chinatown Kid

Chinatown Kid

Saw this movie over the weekend and have to say check it out if you get a chance. Mark Walburg plays boxer Micky Ward in this film based on his life. A very good drama with not a high quanity of fight scenes but quality ones. Christian Bale almost stole the show with his portrayal of Micky's crack addicted brother, he lost alot of weight for this film and looked like a real addict. And his mother and sisters were portrayed as crazy as hell too. Solid film of a working class hero.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

One of my favorite films of 2010, just solid acting and storytelling all around.. I love the location, Lowell, Mass, and like you said, the sisters were genuine, none of that Hollywood young bimbos from Disney on display, real acting by real people...

OpiumKungFuCracker
I want to see this movie, I thought it was based on Irish Micky Ward's life.

It is and mainly around his family and the city he grew up in... The boxing matches are far in between, it's the acting that makes this movie great, especially Bale...

sifu iron perm

haven't seen it yet..but not showing the gatti fights is a let down.

also have you seen the doc about wards bigger bro?Crack street or something to that extent?

vcheck that out..

Saw it today. See it, see it, see it! Very realistic boxing movie without the usual romantic notions. Cast is so good, you forget you are looking at actors.

Archived