Chuck Norris

ShaOW!linDude

A Force of One (1979)

Todd McCarthy of Variety wrote, "Though plot is far-fetched and production values aren't much superior to tv fare, likable protagonists and strong karate sequences will carry the day with the intended audience."[7] Kevin Thomas of the Los Angeles Times called it "a swift, taut, handsomely photographed thriller... made with more craftmanship than most martial arts movies."[8] Gene Siskel of the Chicago Tribune gave the film two stars out of four and dismissed it "just a poor excuse for a lot of fighting."[9] K.C. Summers of The Washington Post wrote, "It's pretty good. Not only does it move along at a faster clip than many a higher-budget film, but it's done without a lot of gore — no small feat in a martial arts movie ... Another plus is that the romantic leads, Jennifer O'Neill and Chuck Norris, actually seem to like one another; they're relaxed and at ease before the camera, and their scenes together are a pleasure to watch."[10]

Norris said he was "ten times better in" the film than in his previous film Good Guys Wear Black.[11]

The film was written by Ernest Tidyman who in a 1980 interview considered it his least successful effort as a craftsman. "I only wrote it to buy my mother a house." he said, although financially it was one of his biggest hits.[12] - Wikipdia

Jennifer O'Neal, Ron O'Neal, Chuck Norris in A Force of One.

123a2a36b0113a41dbe91319675afd01.jpg

ChuckNorris170.jpg

chucknorris184.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

Chuck Norris Throwback How To Choose A Martial Arts School

In a recent letter, someone mentioned his interest in taking karate lessons. He wanted to know what questions he should ask a prospective instructor to find out how well that instructor could train him. I'm sure there are many more people who are in a quandary about this, too.

Source- https://blackbeltmag.com/arts/history-philosophy/chuck-norris-throwback-how-to-choose-a-martial-arts-school

ChuckNorris186.jpg

ChuckNorris185.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 2:19 PM, DragonClaws said:

New artwork for Scorpion Releasing’s ‘Lone Wolf McQuade’ Blu-ray gives us something to howl about…

Source- https://cityonfire.com/lone-wolf-mcquade-howls-in-a-brand-new-2k-blu-ray/

lone-wolf.png

That's incredible artwork by Bob but surprised he didn't include Carradine's character Rawley Wilkes in it. I see from@saltysams post the slipcase has him on it though from the original theatrical poster. That close up of Chuck's face almost looks like a screen cap instead of an illustration.

Edited by CT KID
  • Like 2

Chuck Norris Interviewed by Geoff Thompson.

Link- http://www.physicalarts.com/en/culture/interviews/an-interview-with-chuck-norris

Geoff Thompson: When you finally sold Good Guys Wear Black, that must have been a very exciting time.

Chuck Norris: Yes it was, because fortunately for me at the time I didn't realise how hard acting had to be (laughs) I was too stupid. I just didn't realise it was so difficult. So I went in there very naïve and not realising there was so much to it. And off course the critics crucified me because my acting was so bad (laughs). But fortunately the martial arts in the film was adequate and people loved it, my flying kick through the car windshield and stuff like that. That's what people remembered and the movie did well. My next one was A force Of One where I played a world champion kick boxer and that one did really well. Then I did the first Ninja movie, The Octagon and that was the big fight scene movie so yeah it was very exciting times but I was always learning, I am always learning and that's what's so great about it. And you know people ask me if I still enjoy it and I say 'what's so great is that I'm still doing the martial arts and I'm still doing everything I love but I'm making more money doing it (laughs)'. So I'm making a better living doing something I love which is the martial arts. You know acting is my career, martial arts are my life. It'll be a part of me as long as I'm alive.

0887e2250ab380d37cc0f3917ebff5d3.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 1

DragonClaws

"This 'macho man' stuff is strange. You know, some people get things into their heads and make you bigger than you are. I'm not Superman. If a guy comes up behind me and puts a gun to my back and tells me to give him my wallet, what I'd do is reach back, pull out my wallet and give it to him. Absolutely. You'd be foolish to gamble your life for money."

Source- https://www.nytimes.com/1993/05/12/garden/at-dinner-with-chuck-norris-when-that-97-pound-weakling-grows-up.html

Image Source-

• Like 2

DragonClaws

ChuckNorris17.jpg

Chuck Norris & Richard Roundtree, in a scene from An Eye for an Eye(1981)

ChuckNorris18.jpg

Edited by DragonClaws
  • Like 2

New details on the Blu-ray release from Scorpion Releasing: https://cityonfire.com/lone-wolf-mcquade-howls-in-a-brand-new-2k-blu-ray/

Bonus Features:

New 2K restoration of the film from an interpositive

New audio commentary with director Steve Carver, star Robert Beltran, star L.Q. Jones, and producer Yoram Ben-Ami

New on camera interview with stars Leon Issac Kenendy, Robert Beltran, L.Q. Jones, and producer Yoram Ben-Ami

Original trailer

Reversible artwork

But wait, what the hell happened to @KUNG FU BOB artwork?

Hmmm... gotta make a phone call. Why didn't I!... Hello. Put @KUNG FU BOB on. Well, wake him up....

Lone-wolf-mcquade-blu-ray-back.png

Lone-wolf-mcquade-blu-ray-front.png

Edited by mpm74
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mpm74 said:

But wait, what the hell happened to @KUNG FU BOB artwork?

Hmmm... gotta make a phone call. Why didn't I!... Hello. Put @KUNG FU BOB on. Well, wake him up....

I remember Bob telling me he was working on a Chuck cover a while back, did he do this cover? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mpm74 said:

There ya go.

There it is, I forgot about this one. Love this cover. I remember Bob telling me how he couldn't use David Carradine on the cover. Maybe he put an easter egg in there somewhere. A face hidden in the fire?

Spying Peeping Tom GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Like 3

DragonClaws

When I Met the Legendary Chuck Norris

(By Zena Sultana Babao) - 1979

Link- http://asianjournalusa.com/when-i-met-the-legendary-chuck-norris-p14459-141.htm

I had the utmost pleasure of meeting and interviewing the legendary martial artist and action star Chuck Norris, 38 years ago. At that time I was the Editor and Bureau Supervisor for the Philippine News, San Diego Edition. This is how it came about.

2-20-2017-11-24-54-AM-7497002.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Does anyone else wish that David had actually hit him in the face?I would have loved to see what Chuck would have done if he had👊🥋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DragonClaws

Chuck Norris interview 1985. Chuck Norris talks about not acting like a tough guy off-screen, his wife, and getting a tattoo as a drunken teenager in this 1985 interview.

• Like 1