Chuck Norris

ShaOW!linDude

ShaOW!linDude

Been meaning to post this since I saw it a couple of weeks ago on a local veterinarian's sign; a new "fact" for me.:tongue:

Champions are the breakfast of Chuck Norris.

dionbrother

BTW, Aaron Norris struck up a conversation with me at Actionfest while I was getting coffee and he's one of the nicest people I've ever met.

code of silence should have put chuck up there with sly and arnie.

chuck norris`s tears cure cancer unfortuneatly he never cries.:wink:

ShaOW!linDude

HA! Good one!

dionbrother
code of silence should have put chuck up there with sly and arnie.

If he'd signed a deal with Orion instead of Cannon, CODE would have marked a new beginning for him.

ShaOW!linDude

Dude! That's sah---weeeet!!!!! You even included my favorite Norris movie line! Way cool, bro!!!

Reel Power Stunts

I really enjoyed that video. It was cool! I particularly liked that it wasn't a bit of "ironic" Chuck appreciation. I know Chuck is a bit of a joke these days...and I'm not saying he isn't at least partly to blame for that, but it's worth remembering that when he was competing in the States after returning from Korea, Chuck's kicking techniques were new and pioneering. The video helped remind me of that.

instant noodles
Only Norris movie I enjoy is Delta Force , it rules :bigsmile:

part 2 is good too..Forced vengeance also ok.Maybe some others but his problem is total lack of screen energy.

instant noodles
I always thought his kicking looked abit stiff in the films he did

I think front/jump/sidekicks looks bit clumsy but on the other hand spinning back kick Chuck delivered very good and smooth.

ShaOW!linDude
Due for UK release on 6th August. Both come with Director's commentary.

32118759_300x300_1.jpgforce.jpg

This deserves to go here.

Guest Yi-Long
I think front/jump/sidekicks looks bit clumsy but on the other hand spinning back kick Chuck delivered very good and smooth.

Not really. He's got a really poor form and just doesn't look flexible, fast, smooth, etc etc. It just looks very awkward.

It mostly shows how fast the martial arts cinema industry has developed. Chuck wouldn't be getting any martial arts roles with those screenfighting capabilities in this day and age.

At least I hope not.

Guest Yi-Long
Choreography plays a big part.

Yes it does, but that still doesn't change the fact that Chuck is one of the most awkward screenfighters I've seen in my lifetime, and I'm pretty sure he's worked with more than a couple of different (action-) directors.

He pretty much always looks stiff, slow, and 'ugly'.

I understand he was a very good tournament-fighter, but as is often the case, those might not really make the greatest screen-fighters.

Do I think he could have looked better on-screen with better choreography and directors!? Ofcourse. Much better. You can (and should) use choreography to highlight someone's qualities and hide someone's shortcomings.

Sadly, I don't think Chuck has had that opportunity. Perhaps he'll surprise us with something cool in The Expendables 2, although seeing how even a talented guy like Jet Li didn't really get a chance to shine in pt 1, I don't have high hopes.

Guest Markgway
Perhaps he'll surprise us with something cool in The Expendables 2, although seeing how even a talented guy like Jet Li didn't really get a chance to shine in pt 1, I don't have high hopes.

Also he's 72, so I wouldn't expect him to repeat his jump kick thru a windshield gag. :tongue:

Guest Yi-Long
Also he's 72, so I wouldn't expect him to repeat his jump kick thru a windshield gag. :tongue:

I believe I read somewhere that Chuck Norris doesn't age. Kinda like a fine wine. If that wine could kill you with 1 deadly stare ofcourse...

I bought this a few weeks ago:

111040_front.jpg

ChuckNorris.jpg

Chuck's brother Aaron

MV5BMTc4Mzg3MzE2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTUw

Chuck's son Mike (he was in Delta Force 3 and directed the recent film AmeriGeddon)
mike-norris.jpg

Chuck's son Eric (who is a stunt coordinator for films)

ericnorris-new468.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, kingofkungfu2002 said:

Great compilation,for me forced vengeance,lone wolf mcqade and an eye for an eye were his best films it's just a pity the fight choreography for American movies at the time was a bit stiff predictable and repetitive.?

• Like 1

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, sym8 said:

Great compilation,for me forced vengeance,lone wolf mcqade and an eye for an eye were his best films it's just a pity the fight choreography for American movies at the time was a bit stiff predictable and repetitive.

I'd throw Code Of Silence in there too with that list, also enjoyed Hero & The Terror even though its light on Martial Arts action. U.S productions had a lot more restrictions and red tape in terms of staging action/stunts. Something the Asian movies of the time didnt suffer from.

4 hours ago, AlbertV said:

I bought this a few weeks ago:

Recently re-watched these on T.V, as they've been doing the rounds on Turner Classic Movies in the U.K.