Return of the Deadly Blade - 2011 release

greenfan

I have been working on a release of 'Return of the Deadly Blade' again recently. I meant to get it released a long while ago, but life kind of took over. Anyway, all the elements are finished it's just a case of putting it all together - timing subtitles, etc.

The disc will feature Mandarin, Cantonese and English audio and new English subtitles.

It should be finished before the end of this month. I'll keep you guys updated.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Way to go Greenfan! I will definitely support your project with a purchase of this disc.

Great to hear you are still going ahead with this!

This was the Greenfan release I looked forward to the most & I thought we'd never see 'The Lonely Winner' in widescreen.

Keep us posted :bigsmile:

Status update -

Finished

Newly translated subtitles

Menu artwork

Picture montage

To do

Finish DVD artwork

Subtitle an extra

Add Linn's essay

Write a synopsis

Time main subtitles

Sounds great Mike, i will buy it for sure.. Best of luck with it!

BTW will this still include the Andrew Staton audio commentary?

Shaolin Chamber 36

This is very exciting news. I can not wait to order this DVD. You've got full support from Shaolin Chamber 36. Buddhas Name Be Praised.

DVD artwork creator extraordinaire, James, told me that he thought he could do a much better job on the artwork than he did first time. He's beavering away on that at the moment. Due to the change in the artwork, the menu designs also need to be changed to match.

I realise this whole thing is taking rather a long time, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let anyone interested know that I am still working on this. Unfortunately, I recently split from my long term girlfriend and, to be totally honest, it's been a really tough time for me. That might be a little too much sharing, but I just wanted people who are keen to get their hands on this DVD know why it's taking so long.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Hey Brother, no kung fu strike can compare to the pain of heartbreak. Really sad to hear that you're going though this. Stay strong man. This is the perfect situation to say- you must "Chiba up", as it means to find your inner strength, to persevere, and stay on your feet despite going through an ordeal that would flatten a normal human. My thoughts are with you.

And regarding the project... whenever you finish it, I promise- we'll all still love kung fu movies and want to buy it. So for now, no worries about that. Concentrate on healing your spirit.

I predict this will be nothing compared to the delays post-ROTDB's release, whereupon countless kung fu females will be after this man's chi powers. I mean, last time greenfan put out something, he had to change continents...

Archived