Ultraman Vol.#1

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

Ultraman has finally gotten a legit release from Brentwood, 3 disc set of Vol#1: it will be available on DVD on 7/18.

I have to say I've never seen any of the episodes, but I've heard a lot of good things about this series so I will be looking forward to picking this up.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Atomic Mystery Monster
Ultraman has finally gotten a legit release from Brentwood, 3 disc set of Vol#1: it will be available on DVD on 7/18.

Actually, there's still some dispute over that.

For even more background on this, see the 03/21/03 article, "Court Confusion Over Ultraman". This was followed up by the 01/02/2004 "Tsuburaya Productions vs. Chaiyo Productions" article located here.

Guest venoms5

If cliffmac is still around whats the deal with the ULTRAMAN set? I was going to buy it and then I was warned about how horrible of a release it is. Terrible sound, dvds freezing in the players, heavy pixelation...etc.

Guest Atomic Mystery Monster

Cliffmac responded to this matter over at DVDManiacs, but only seemed to focus on the stuff that could be blamed on the materials used to master the DVD.

The defects that I've heard of consisted of odd colors, freezing, motion blurs, bad audio, some missing subtitles, and some minor pixelation.

You can read more at DVDManiacs and DVDTalk.

Archived